• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPFBillsFan
    • Jan 2006

Thoughts on 2007

JP is the QB Period!
    Willis is 1B RB - Don't like Willis rather get younger here and RBs are dime a dozen
    Royal is 2B TE - We need a 1A TE TGonzalez would be PERFECT
    Evans is 1A WR - No needs
    Price/Reed are 2C WRs - We need a 2A WR - Drew Bennett would be nice
    Clements/Fletcher - Gone - We realistically need 2 LBs, unless SPikes of old shows up to camp - Briggs/AThomas/CJune 1 would be nice
    Lindell - Franchise him or Long term deal
    Tim Anderson is got to go - Replace with a bigger nose Tackle..

Offseason focus OL - DL - LBs and WR
  • BuffaloBillsStampede
    • Aug 2005

Re: Thoughts on 2007

I agree with everything except the Drew Bennet, and I think TKO has been much more active in the past 4 games or so so I wouldn't worry too much about him. We need to resign Fletch without question.
    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• BillsNick
      • Jul 2003

I think our WR corps is fine.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

I think we need to keep as many players as we can.
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

We need a monster DT, a stud LB, a big number 2 WR, at least one bigtime interior O lineman, and a pass catching TE. And if Fletch and Nate leave, add another LB and a CB.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Tony Gonzalez would be a perfect complement to our WRs. He can block, too.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by JPFBillsFan
              JP is the QB Period!
              Wills is the RB period!
              Royal is the TE period!

Marv and the coaching staff love these guys and what they bring to the team. They aren't going anywhere and deserve to stay. We are not wasting money on signing a FA TE to replace Royal and we are not definitely going in a different direction at RB.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Royal would be a great #2 tight end
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

JP is the QB Period!
                  Willis is 1B RB - Don't like Willis rather get younger here and RBs are dime a dozen
                  Royal is 2B TE - We need a 1A TE TGonzalez would be PERFECT
                  Evans is 1A WR - No needs
                  Price/Reed are 2C WRs - We need a 2A WR - Drew Bennett would be nice
                  Clements/Fletcher - Gone - We realistically need 2 LBs, unless SPikes of old shows up to camp - Briggs/AThomas/CJune 1 would be nice
                  Lindell - Franchise him or Long term deal
                  Tim Anderson is got to go - Replace with a bigger nose Tackle..

Offseason focus OL - DL - LBs and WR
                  QB - I agree, JP is the man. A better backup than Holcomb needed
                  RB - I do feel they may look to get value here by trading mcGahee. I'd be happy with an extra pick in 2008, a FA signing of TJ Duckett and the drafting of Steve Slaton in R1'08. Bring A-Train back.
                  WR - agree about Evans.
                  WR - not really a need but we may look to sign someone like Ernest Wilford who would certainly give us height.
                  TE - Royal is underrated as is Neufeld and Cieslak. I think the last vestiges of Donahoe will go so Everett will be out. I am not sure Gonzalez will come to Buffalo. Maybe Dan Graham?
                  OL - the only signings will be the resigning of Gandy and the FA signing of a RG hopefully David Diehl.
                  K - resign Liandell

DL - Anderson out, hopefully Okoye in. Maybe splash some cash if one of the top LEs (Charles Grant/Justin Smith/Pat Kerney) is up for grabs. Bring back Kelsay otherwise.
                  LB - I see London going and maybe TKO as well. A FA MLB like Matt Wilhelm would be good but I see this being an early focus in the draft.
                  CB - Nate will also walk. Youboty will move on. We may pick up a youngish cornerback with upside who might have been a bust elsewhere.

My preferred offseason

Patrick Ramsay QB
                  Ernest Wilford WR (and maybe also Dan Graham)
                  TJ Duckett RB
                  David Diehl RG
                  Patrick Kerney LE
                  Matt Wilhelm LB
                  Mike Rumph CB

and a draft of
                  1. Paul Posluzny LB
                  2. Amobe Okoye NT
                  3. Doug Free LT
                  4. one from Eric Weddle DB, Jason Hill WR, Matt Herian TE
                  6. Clifton Dawson RB
                  7. Dorian DeRosia DT

Comment

• Lexwhat
                    • Feb 2005

Why would anyone with ANY basic knowledge of football wanna let Fletcher go?????

Comment

• JPFBillsFan
                      • Jan 2006

Fletcher is on the wrong side of 30, he's slow and isn't hitting the gaps...notice he makes all his running back tackles 5-6-7 yards deep. He's a good/nice player but he has a Crap Agent and will ask for more than he is worth....Cut your losses and improve the position...

We need a Taller #2 and a better Front on the DL to make up for Clements Loss...

Comment

• BillsNick
                        • Jul 2003

Fletcher is on the wrong side of 30, he's slow and isn't hitting the gaps...notice he makes all his running back tackles 5-6-7 yards deep. He's a good/nice player but he has a Crap Agent and will ask for more than he is worth....Cut your losses and improve the position...

We need a Taller #2 and a better Front on the DL to make up for Clements Loss...
                        I couldn't disagree more. Fletcher IS the heart and soul of this defense. Besides the fact that he put up Pro Bowl numbers yet again this year.

Comment

• raphael120
                          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BillsNick
                          I couldn't disagree more. Fletcher IS the heart and soul of this defense. Besides the fact that he put up Pro Bowl numbers yet again this year.
                          you never see fletcher in the backfield breaking up plays

sure he had his INT, but all of his tackles at 5-7 yards downfield. we need fresh blood in the LB area, and we can't waste money on an old player like that. we pay for talent, not motivation.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by raphael120
                            you never see fletcher in the backfield breaking up plays

sure he had his INT, but all of his tackles at 5-7 yards downfield. we need fresh blood in the LB area, and we can't waste money on an old player like that. we pay for talent, not motivation.
                            Its not ALL about seeing someone breaking up plays in the backfield. Some may say he isnt filling his gaps, but with DT's like Triplett and Anderson in there, he isnt getting much help from them. I would personally love to see a Paul Posluzny type guy in there, but you can't discount what Fletch has been to this team, not even close.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                              QB - I agree, JP is the man. A better backup than Holcomb needed
                              RB - I do feel they may look to get value here by trading mcGahee. I'd be happy with an extra pick in 2008, a FA signing of TJ Duckett and the drafting of Steve Slaton in R1'08. Bring A-Train back.
                              WR - agree about Evans.
                              WR - not really a need but we may look to sign someone like Ernest Wilford who would certainly give us height.
                              TE - Royal is underrated as is Neufeld and Cieslak. I think the last vestiges of Donahoe will go so Everett will be out. I am not sure Gonzalez will come to Buffalo. Maybe Dan Graham?
                              OL - the only signings will be the resigning of Gandy and the FA signing of a RG hopefully David Diehl.
                              K - resign Liandell

DL - Anderson out, hopefully Okoye in. Maybe splash some cash if one of the top LEs (Charles Grant/Justin Smith/Pat Kerney) is up for grabs. Bring back Kelsay otherwise.
                              LB - I see London going and maybe TKO as well. A FA MLB like Matt Wilhelm would be good but I see this being an early focus in the draft.
                              CB - Nate will also walk. Youboty will move on. We may pick up a youngish cornerback with upside who might have been a bust elsewhere.

My preferred offseason

Patrick Ramsay QB
                              Ernest Wilford WR (and maybe also Dan Graham)
                              TJ Duckett RB
                              David Diehl RG
                              Patrick Kerney LE
                              Matt Wilhelm LB
                              Mike Rumph CB

and a draft of
                              1. Paul Posluzny LB
                              2. Amobe Okoye NT
                              3. Doug Free LT
                              4. one from Eric Weddle DB, Jason Hill WR, Matt Herian TE
                              6. Clifton Dawson RB
                              7. Dorian DeRosia DT

I'm not really that excited about Ernest Wilford. Maybe its cause I keep picking him up in fantasy football, and he keeps rewarding me with like 2 points a game, but I just don't see him as a receiver that's going to draw much attention away from Lee.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X