PDA

View Full Version : Inside the NFL: Costas asks Marino would he have traded places with Kelly ?

Mitchy moo
12-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Marino said for a chance to play in 4 Super bowls, yes I probably would. Then Collinsworth asked how about rooming with Talley?? He said no.

He would turn on Miami to get his shot at the SB. Marino had the talent but he has no heart. He padded his stats all he could but he cared more for himself then the team, that's the reason you suffered all those years without any real success. If you fin fans wish for another Marino to take over, think again. You'll end up just where you are right now, lost.

LtFinFan66
12-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Get real Skooby. Of course he wanted more chances to win one. Did he say he wold have switched to the Bills?? Probably not

tat2dmike77
12-23-2006, 12:21 AM
He also said he would not room with talley

If your going to type something make sure you get it straight first

SquishDaFish
12-23-2006, 05:25 AM
I posted this a couple days ago

SABURZFAN
12-23-2006, 06:03 AM
I posted this a couple days ago

i guess he doesn't read your posts either. :snicker:

Historian
12-23-2006, 06:17 AM
Griese > Marino

Night Train
12-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Griese > Marino

I can't think of a worse HOF selection than Griese. He was nothing special when he played and I'm old enough to remember that. Good but not HOF great.

YardRat
12-23-2006, 07:30 AM
I can't think of a worse HOF selection than Griese. He was nothing special when he played and I'm old enough to remember that. Good but not HOF great.

The only specific moment during the course of game play where a QB's responsibilities or results of his individual physical talents are completely on his own shoulders and not reliant on another player's contribution is the ball exchange on a running play. Hold the ball, turn, and give the ball away....which is only slightly more difficult than walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Griese was the best at it. :D

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2006, 07:41 AM
Wait, so Marino is selfish, because he'd trade his stats for a superbowl? I hate Marino and the fish as much as the next guy, but come on.

Irish Phin Fan
12-23-2006, 09:45 AM
I can't say I blame Marino for saying that. Who wouldn't want to play in 4 Super Bowls. However he did not say he would rather have played for Buffalo, I think he meant he would have liked a shot at 4 Super Bowls with Miami like Kelly had with Buffalo.

jamze132
12-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Any player would want the chance to play in 4 Super Bowls, reguardless what team it was.

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2006, 10:42 AM
HA! The real question that should have come next would be, "Dan if you had changed places with Kelly, would you have at least won one?"

justasportsfan
12-23-2006, 10:44 AM
you need a running game to go to the sb. Dan was anti run game and Pro ME-ME.

YardRat
12-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Muck Farino. The most over-hyped QB in the history of the game.

"Losing never felt so good." Tool.

justasportsfan
12-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Muck Farino. The most over-hyped QB in the history of the game.

"Losing never felt so good." Tool.
He's was an a$$ way back when I worked at Shula's steak house. He does not tip. Act's like it's an honor for people to serve him and is an a$$ about it. I mean cmon, servers only made $3/hr. we depended on tips and he made how much? Complete opposite of Don Shula who IMO is one of the classiest people I've ever known.

Bartenders who happen to be finfans even wanted to spit in his drink. I hope Farve beats his TD record that way he'll only be known as Kelly's *****.

ublinkwescore
12-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Any player would want the chance to play in 4 Super Bowls, reguardless what team it was.

While this may be true, my heart just wouldn't be in it as much as it would be if I were playing in one for the bills.

ublinkwescore
12-23-2006, 12:31 PM
He's was an a$$ way back when I worked at Shula's steak house. He does not tip. Act's like it's an honor for people to serve him and is an a$$ about it. I mean cmon, servers only made $3/hr. we depended on tips and he made how much? Complete opposite of Don Shula who IMO is one of the classiest people I've ever known.

Bartenders who happen to be finfans even wanted to spit in his drink. I hope Farve beats his TD record that way he'll only be known as Kelly's *****.

that's just sad - it's even sadder that one can get the impression from just seeing him on TV on Sundays, and Thursdays (HBO) and on his stupid nutrisystem commercials that this is all very true.

BILLSROCK1212
12-23-2006, 02:30 PM
really bad post.......what he was saying is he would rather get a shot to win a super bowl then not even get a shot to win one at all now tell me what player wudnt do that

Tiburon1724
12-23-2006, 03:42 PM
He's was an a$$ way back when I worked at Shula's steak house. He does not tip. Act's like it's an honor for people to serve him and is an a$$ about it.

You're completely right. I've heard from several down here in Orlando who have been with him at Disney (VIP tour guides etc) the exact same thing.

ublinkwescore
12-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Marino must die!!!

Mitchy moo
12-23-2006, 04:11 PM
My original point was Marino is held in such high regard in fin-land and he really is a POS.