Very interesting news from the Sam Adams camp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Very interesting news from the Sam Adams camp.

Wright (Adam's agent) said there are other teams interested in Adams, but thinks Buffalo would be an ideal spot for the 6-foot-3, 340-pound Pro Bowl run-stuffer.

"Sam would add a compelling piece to their defense," said Wright, who also represents Bills defensive tackle Pat Williams. "With Sam and Pat Williams inside, you solidify that run defense. We're hopeful we can reach an agreement."

maybe he is closer than we think.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Last, year everyone wanted him here. This year the public opinion is completley different. All, I know is that Adams can swallow up a couple o-linemen and that is exactly what we need. Adams would be an instant improvement to our defense.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

I think TD is working Adams to put pressure on the Bengals so they can sign him and beat Buffalo to the punch thus hoping for the release of the tag on Spikes.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

most definately.. if it were possible to add adams and spikes, i think our defense would be improved 10 fold.. and think if we were able to move price, and add either another DT or OLB via the draft.. nice
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Hey I do like Thorton a little better but I would be very happy to get adams also!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

thorton is not as good as adams by any stretch.. but he is less expensive.. or so it is thought at this point.. no one has shown me anything that says how much adams wants.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

True Tatonka I do agree there. If they are in the same Price range I would take adams!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

no one has shown me anything that thorton wants either actually.. he has visited a few teams now.. and no one seems interested..

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    thorton is not as good as adams by any stretch.. but he is less expensive.. or so it is thought at this point.. no one has shown me anything that says how much adams wants.
                    Thornton is up and coming while Adams is on the downside of his career and going. Thornton would be a good 4-6 year pickup. Adams would be good for 2 seasons max likely and for significantly more per season.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    True Tatonka I do agree there. If they are in the same Price range I would take adams!
                    They wouldn't be unless Adams is reducing his demands enormously. Especially if many teams are interested in Adams while not teams are interested in Thornton. Supply & demand.

The question that you need to ask is not whether Thornton is as good as Adams, it's "whether Thornton and a solid DE" together would benefit the Bills more than say Adams and a vet-min DE for example. I think we'd be better off with solid at each position instead of great at one or two and nominal at others.

Again y'all, this is a zero sum game. Money you spend in one area isn't available elsewhere. I think it's more important to find 3 or 4 very good players to fill the needs we have instead of 1 or 2 that are only marginally better while having to pay heavy sacrifices elsewhere by only being able to get vet-min players, such as at DE.
                    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

WYS Again I agree with you.
                      Retired Air Traffic Controller
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• Halbert
                        I'm Not Normal
                        • Jul 2002

With all the huge attention paid to Adams last season, why has there been such a drop-off this year? He was the prime defensive FA last year and you hardly hear his name now.

Comment

• venis2k1
                          Youboty can hope
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                          WYS Again I agree with you.
                          word
                          Last edited by venis2k1; 03-04-2003, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

I agree with you WYS I was just saying if they happened to be in the same range I would like Adams even if it is for less time. I have always be under the assumption that Adams would be much more expensive.

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

If, and it's a big IF, Sam Adams is willing to come at a reasonable price I'd love to have him in Buffalo. I think he and PW next to eachother could be tremendous and give the team enough years to groom young guys who will learn from a very good tandom. I agree that they still need at least a LB and probably a DE unless Marcus Jones is 100% completly recovered. I don't know the answer to this. If he's not and Adams is a lot of $ than I'd say Thornton all the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X