• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

From Sabres message Board

I was trolling over at Sabres.com and someone posted this from John Slabyk

recieved this email found it interesting.
    Hey Sabres Fans,

First of all, the reason you are getting this email, is because at some point in the last 3 years you emailed me about some designs I created for the Buffalo Sabres. For that alone, I thank you ... but beyond just contacting me, so many of you offered your time and opinions on the subject, showing me overwhelming support. I have not had the time to write you all back about this project, but I have read every last email that has been sent to me. I love getting the feedback from you all, it only has helped to improve the end result and really please everyone ... although some of your suggestions were, lets be honest, just silly ( I'm not going to name names, you know who you are ... just silly ).

The situation that my designs has stirred up has been amazing to see. I've been contacted by so many fans telling me how much you guys love the designs, and wish they would be out there wearing my stuff rather than the slug. Believe it or not, some Canes fans had some great things to say. I even got some secretively supportive emails from a few Leafs fans ( Blow, Leafs, Blow ).

So what this email is also about, besides my unbelievable appreciation for your support, is the fact that I am in the process of putting these jerseys, as well as other merchandise (tshirts, hats, coffee mugs, possibly keychains) on sale for everyone soon. The tagline we'll be featuring will be TRUE FANS GET IT.

So to see which jerseys you want created first, I have setup a poll for you all to vote on. So please stop by and drop your vote in, and also send this email out to every Sabres fan you know. As a thanks in advance to all of you who do this, I put up some wallpapers if you'd like to throw some New Blue and Gold on your computer.

I think with the team doing as amazing as they are this year, its a shame they look so ridiculous out there. I want the Legends of the Sabres to haunt the Arena, not the Stench of the Slug. If you feel the same, we can let the Sabres Organization hear our voice by filling the stands with a true representation of our team ... a symbol we can all rally behind and cry out support with.

John Slabyk
    Art Director
    Sabres Fan

PS - Also, as a sign of support for the team, a percentage off all sales will be donated to the Buffalo Sabres Foundation, a great non-profit group that is committed to enhancing the quality of life for Western New York

I like this idea.
  • SABuffalo786
    • Feb 2003

Re: From Sabres message Board

This guy gets torn a new ******* on sabrefans.com all the time.
    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
      I was trolling over at Sabres.com and someone posted this from John Slabyk

recieved this email found it interesting.
      Hey Sabres Fans,

First of all, the reason you are getting this email, is because at some point in the last 3 years you emailed me about some designs I created for the Buffalo Sabres. For that alone, I thank you ... but beyond just contacting me, so many of you offered your time and opinions on the subject, showing me overwhelming support. I have not had the time to write you all back about this project, but I have read every last email that has been sent to me. I love getting the feedback from you all, it only has helped to improve the end result and really please everyone ... although some of your suggestions were, lets be honest, just silly ( I'm not going to name names, you know who you are ... just silly ).

The situation that my designs has stirred up has been amazing to see. I've been contacted by so many fans telling me how much you guys love the designs, and wish they would be out there wearing my stuff rather than the slug. Believe it or not, some Canes fans had some great things to say. I even got some secretively supportive emails from a few Leafs fans ( Blow, Leafs, Blow ).

So what this email is also about, besides my unbelievable appreciation for your support, is the fact that I am in the process of putting these jerseys, as well as other merchandise (tshirts, hats, coffee mugs, possibly keychains) on sale for everyone soon. The tagline we'll be featuring will be TRUE FANS GET IT.

So to see which jerseys you want created first, I have setup a poll for you all to vote on. So please stop by and drop your vote in, and also send this email out to every Sabres fan you know. As a thanks in advance to all of you who do this, I put up some wallpapers if you'd like to throw some New Blue and Gold on your computer.

I think with the team doing as amazing as they are this year, its a shame they look so ridiculous out there. I want the Legends of the Sabres to haunt the Arena, not the Stench of the Slug. If you feel the same, we can let the Sabres Organization hear our voice by filling the stands with a true representation of our team ... a symbol we can all rally behind and cry out support with.

John Slabyk
      Art Director
      Sabres Fan

PS - Also, as a sign of support for the team, a percentage off all sales will be donated to the Buffalo Sabres Foundation, a great non-profit group that is committed to enhancing the quality of life for Western New York

I like this idea.
      That's because you're gay.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

what makes them experts?

Comment

• im4bflo
          the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
          • Sep 2003

I'm 100% FOR it!
          That #3 home with his logo looks killer!
          And the away beats what we're wearing now by a mile!
          I've saved my money, didn't waste it on no SLUG!
          You make them, and I'm getting a couple.
          GO SABRES!
          ps- I didn't care for his 'B' with the sabre shoulder secondary logo, I'd stick with what we've got now.
          Last edited by im4bflo; 12-23-2006, 04:26 AM.

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
            what makes them experts?
            Probably the same thing that makes you an expert in fashion design.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• Dude
              that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
              • Feb 2005

They're all kind of "meh" IMO. Either go with the original logo, or with what we have now. Slabyk's designs really aren't much of an improvement on what they used to wear.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jan 2004

I hope somebody blows the whistle on this guy and he gets thrown into jail for a very long time for copyrighting it. We still use the original logo for the third jersey. This will never work!
                Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 12-23-2006, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

His designs were okay, but nothing special. I'm not a fan of his queer tagline. I hate when fans are questioned on loyalty based on the sweater/logo the team is wearing.

D & S Sports

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

Those arn't Sabres, they are machetes! Yuck.
                    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      I hope somebody blows the whistle on this guy and he gets thrown into jail for a very long time for copyrighting it. We still use the original logo for the third jersey. This will never work!
                      His logo's are pretty different than the original logo. How can he go to jail for that?

Comment

• GThirst
                        • Jul 2006

for having a different opinion, probably?

Comment

Working...
                        X