PDA

View Full Version : NFL playing hardball with cable companies

G. Host
12-23-2006, 02:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705569
Green Bay and Milwaukee are considered home markets for the Packers, allowing a local over-the-air TV station to simulcast the NFL Network's broadcast. The same was true in Minneapolis and St. Paul.

In many other Wisconsin cities, most notably the capital of Madison, Packers fans who don't get the NFL Network weren't able to see the game in their homes.

it is rubbish that NFL insists that it be on a non-premium tier IMO. If a game would be blocked out (as it would be in Madison if game was not a sellout) it should be shown on regular TV. NFL is getting too greedy.

If it was a Bills game would they insist Bills home market is Buffalo & Rochester making fans in Southern Ontario and Syracuse not be able to watch the game unless they got NFL network?

Typ0
12-23-2006, 03:09 PM
they want to go in a direction where they own their distribution channel so they can be the ones that get all the revenues.

BILLSROCK1212
12-23-2006, 03:15 PM
i live just outside of NYC do you think that there is any chance of me getting the Giants vs. Washington game next week?

Michael82
12-23-2006, 03:24 PM
they want to go in a direction where they own their distribution channel so they can be the ones that get all the revenues.
They are heading for failure. I think their greed is going to come back and bite them in the ass and we'll see some smaller leagues, like the old USFL or AFL because the NFL is all about the benjamins and thats it. It's going to kill the small markets and chase the fans away because they won't be able to afford it.