PDA

View Full Version : Any Buffalo Bill fans that actually like to talk some Football? From a Jets fan

HendersonD06
12-23-2006, 05:03 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by BillsFanInMass
Jets had an easier schedule than the Bills . Jets suck period end of story Dbrick is a waste of a first round Schobel owns that slug lol.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
See... This is why you really cant even talk football with people... Perfect example right there... I'm not saying all Bill fans are like this, because I know alot of Buffalo Bill fans who actually know alot about the game of Football... I really dont know what to say other than...

Last season we were 4-12... The year before we were actually 2 kicks away from the AFC Championship game to play the Pats... But our Kicker(D.Brien) missed a chip shot at the end of the 4th... And missed one in Overtime vs the Steelers, if we had J.Hall still... If you ask me, the way we were playing at the time, we would have had a good shot at the Pats and could have been in the Superbowl. This year... All the "Experts" said... "Jets are a... 3, maybe a 4 win team this year" But listen people...

We played 5 Quarterbacks last year(C.Pennington, J.Fiedler who never made it in MIA, Old man Vinny, Brooks "I think im Vick" Bollinger, or "should have been a Bowler", And lets get real, we even Brung up Kliff Kingsburry I think his name was from the Prac Squad boyyyyss. And if you know anything about the game of Football, we all know the reason why we played 5 Quarterbacks right?... It was simple, black and white...For the simple fact we had one of the Worst O-Lines EVER as far as the Jets go. 4 out of 5 O-Lineman were playing a different position than the year before, and this is without our All Pro Center in Kevin. BUT the year before we actually got deep into the playoffs, just 2 kicks away from the AFC Championship game like we did in 98.

As a Jets fan, it just gets to me how other fans... Miami, Pats, Bills... Well Patriot fans of late have always respected the Jets in a way... And they actually knew we have been a solid team for the past 7-8 seasons. But nobody will ever give us credit... And as Jets fans... Thats how we love it... Media loves 2 shiit all over us, and talk about how bad the Gians are doing this season. But not really mention that... If the Jets beat the down and out Dolphins on Christmas night, The Patriots beat the Jags... And The Jets finish up with a W in Oakland... We are in the playoffs. Or say the Jets beat the Dolphins... Jags beat the Patriots and in week 17 we beat the Raiders... And in week 17 the Tittans beat the Patriots, And The Chiefs beat the Jags... In KC? Well that leaves the New York Football Jets as the AFC East Champions.

As far as this guy saying... D.Brick was a waste of a first round draft pick??? Im not trying to be a A-Hole or anything like that, but who did the Bills draft in round 1 again? And what could the Bills have done to get that same exact guy where he WOULD HAVE fell??? They could have traded down 2 a team who wanted M.Leinert, got some picks, and still have lander that Whitner guy or whatever his name was... The Jets were drafting #4, Brick would not have fell to the 10 spot at that... We needed to rebuild our whole O-Line, and thats what we did with Brick and Mangold, and drafted in some other key areas also... I mean we got a Rookie RB in L.Washington from FSU thats going to be pretty damn good in the future, Mangold... WOW, this was the steal of the 06 draft 15 years from today, and Mangini... Wow, best pick up for the Jets in the off season since Parcells if you ask me. As far as you DE Owning Brick... Hey what can I say? He played a good game, we have 2 rookies on the O-Line, and he got some sacks... Big deal. Thats only going to make Brick even more Solid. Thnx.

Dumb troll? Nah, I know a little something about something

mchurchfie
12-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Are you going to be okay??

The_Philster
12-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Ferguson wasn't a waste of a 1st round pick...and we wouldn't have gotten Whitner later...the Lions were looking to grab him with pick 9 :::

G. Host
12-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Sure we like to talk football but all you seem to want to do is talk Jets. Go elsewhere for that. :jetsuck:

Mad Bomber
12-23-2006, 05:49 PM
As far as this guy saying... D.Brick was a waste of a first round draft pick??? Im not trying to be a A-Hole or anything like that, but who did the Bills draft in round 1 again? And what could the Bills have done to get that same exact guy where he WOULD HAVE fell??? They could have traded down 2 a team who wanted M.Leinert, got some picks, and still have lander that Whitner guy or whatever his name was... The Jets were drafting #4, Brick would not have fell to the 10 spot at that... We needed to rebuild our whole O-Line, and thats what we did with Brick and Mangold, and drafted in some other key areas also... I mean we got a Rookie RB in L.Washington from FSU thats going to be pretty damn good in the future, Mangold... WOW, this was the steal of the 06 draft 15 years from today, and Mangini... Wow, best pick up for the Jets in the off season since Parcells if you ask me. As far as you DE Owning Brick... Hey what can I say? He played a good game, we have 2 rookies on the O-Line, and he got some sacks... Big deal. Thats only going to make Brick even more Solid.

Brick has had some trouble this year against speed rushers, but I think he is going to develop into a top-notch LT.

Lexwhat
12-23-2006, 05:56 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by BillsFanInMass
Jets had an easier schedule than the Bills . Jets suck period end of story Dbrick is a waste of a first round Schobel owns that slug lol.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
Im not trying to be a A-Hole or anything like that, but who did the Bills draft in round 1 again? And what could the Bills have done to get that same exact guy where he WOULD HAVE fell??? They could have traded down 2 a team who wanted M.Leinert, got some picks, and still have lander that Whitner guy or whatever his name was...

You brought up some good points, but how do you expect anyone to take you seriously when u make comments like the one above. If Whitner played in the 2nd Bills vs. Jets game (he was injured), surely you would've noticed him. Whitner, just like D'Brick and Mangold, has had a great season and will be in this league a long time.

Don't act like you wanna talk football but then start to flip it, and talk your own *****.

Lexwhat
12-23-2006, 05:58 PM
And no, there's NO guarentee that he would've fell. It's all opinion, but we will never know.

At the minimum, I think Whitner was a good pick and reflected good work by our coaching staff and front office.

Mitchy moo
12-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Jets are going to be beaten by Miami monday and will become a footnote on our season, nothing to talk about with you.

BILLSROCK1212
12-23-2006, 08:35 PM
dude you cant come onto this board and then just start talking **** about the Bills when we have pretty much equally had as much success as you but you just have that one more win

HendersonD06
12-23-2006, 11:29 PM
See this is what I mean...

The_Philster:Ferguson wasn't a waste of a 1st round pick...and we wouldn't have gotten Whitner later...the Lions were looking to grab him with pick 9. I always thought Whitner could have been taken later, but then again, im really not the biggest ncaa freak... For some reason I wanted the Jets to go after Reggie Bush a little more, or even go after V.Young, I was just praying that we never would think about drafting Matt Leinart... For some reason, I thought he would get killed with this Jets O-Line, then I was thinking Reggie would not beable to do anything on a sunday 2 sunday basis. But the one running back who I wanted even more than Reggie in a way... D.Williams. #4 all time leading rusher in NCAA history, he was simply amazing playing for Memphis... R.Williams, R.Dayne, A.Dorset, D.Williams, other than R.Dayne(Never really liked his running style) thats a pretty good class to be in. But on draft day... When we drafted The Brickashaw Ferguson #4 overall... I was like wow, maybe he can really be something special for 13-14 seasons... Maybe we actually have a "Franchise" LT from New York himself... Long Island I think. So I was like damn... We really need a DE right now... Nope... We picked up Mangold! Honestly, everyone was saying how the top 3 Offensive lineman in the draft would have to be Mangold, Ferguson, and McNeil I think... We got the top 2... I was thinking right then and there that we were onto something... The Kelly Clemmens pick in the 2nd round... Well I was pissed because I thought C.Pennington could come back, and I think we already picked up P.Ramsey... But then again, "Experts" were saying he was the most NFL "ready" out of Vince, Matt, and Cutler... So far, I like Vince. And yes... Whitner had a solid season, I just never heard alot of people talking about him, but I seen his stats, and its nice for a rookie.

Mad Bomber:Brick has had some trouble this year against speed rushers, but I think he is going to develop into a top-notch LT.
Honestly... I think if healthy... He can be the leader of this O-Line and protect our QB's for a long time. I think by Brick getting beat a good 3 games out of 14 games... For a rookie, and a QB who sometimes holds the ball a little to long in the pocket... I think this was a pretty good pick-up in the long runs... But you have to learn from your mistakes... If Brick can learn to get a better start, and run block a little more aggressive, I think this rookie season has helped him... Back in the day, HErm would have let him sit on the bench because he is a rookie... Examples... B.Thomas, K.Rhodes, D.Robertson never played as hard as he could for us, Cotchery... Wow, what was this freaking kid sitting down for 2 seasons? I mean lets get real, he broke all of NC States recieving records... T.Holt had set them before Cotch... And why bring in T.Law for 1 season? Why run a hurt Curtis Martin into the ground... Thats the thing that did it for me, I wanted Herm out... C.Martin had a good 2-3 maybe even 4 solid seasons left. I mean he is a warrior and wants to play, but thats the coaching staffs job to see what every other sports fan seen... He was playing beat-up.

G. Host:Sure we like to talk football but all you seem to want to do is talk Jets. Go elsewhere for that. :jetsuck:
I have talked Bills football before... Willis McGahaee is one of the best running backs I have ever saw... Yes, maybe he has lost a step from his Miami days before he got hurt... But let me tell you something, im from Tampa here in FL... THis man was NUTS when he played for Miami... Honestly, if you ask me... He was better than Portis in my eyes... Im not a Miami fan, but you just could not help but to root for Miamis offense with Willis in the backfield...

I think J.P Lossman will make a solid QB... Kinda reminds me of a young B.Farve in a way... When Farve played for ATL... He has his growing pains you can see... And I see J.P going through some Growing Pains... Chad is going though some of his own right now, but I like the way J.P guns the ball in there, he knows he has good recievers in Pierce, Evans(Reminds me alot like C.Chambers who is simply under-used in my eyes from the Dolphins) And I really feel next season J.P will have a break out season throwing to R.Parris... Maybe Its just me, and I feel like that because I seen what that guy did to us on that slant play, it was like the 2nd or 3rd play of the game... I was like wow, Santana Moss maybe? I like the Run Game, Wr's, and I feel with the right O-Line... a young one that can move with J.P, I think he can compete with Brady as far as yards go each season, next season is the season for J.P... Will he cut down on his mistakes? If not, bring in a veteran QB, or even draft one... Same goes for C.Pennington... Next season, if he protects the ball more, cuts down on his mistakes... He stays as the Franchise QB... If he slips, bring in Kellen

I just dont know how the D will adjust if they lose Nate and Spikes

But I see the Jets and Bills ontop of the AFC East for the next 5 seasons before I see the Phins and Pats.

mybills
12-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Patriot fans of late have always respected the Jets in a way.
That's because Miami is their biggest rival, not the Jets.
We have that in common, as they are our biggest rival, too.

SABURZFAN
12-24-2006, 10:41 AM
i wish we would have drafted mangold instead of mccargo.