PDA

View Full Version : We want KC to win tonight, right?

Mitchy moo
12-23-2006, 06:53 PM
We have the tie breaker advantage against them so their winning would help us in case of a tie breaker scenario with Denver / Cinci, right???

Devin
12-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Ties are broken within the division first. We have a tie breaker over KC, if they win out they take down Denver.

In the event Cincy beats Denver tomorrow this helps us. If Denver wins tomorrow we are conceding to them and basically if the other things we need to happen do happen week 17 we just need to win.

dolphan117
12-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Needing a Herman Edwards coached team to win when it counts is a dubious proposition....

Mitchy moo
12-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Ties are broken within the division first. We have a tie breaker over KC, if they win out they take down Denver.

In the event Cincy beats Denver tomorrow this helps us. If Denver wins tomorrow we are conceding to them and basically if the other things we need to happen do happen week 17 we just need to win.

Ok, so KC wins and ties a record with Denver gets neutralized as long as we win out, right?

Devin
12-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Correct assuming KC wins week 17 against Jax as well.

G. Host
12-23-2006, 09:01 PM
If Denver does not lose one, KC win/loss will not matter, for Denver will be 10-6.

Devin
12-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Lawrence Tynes is a douchebag.

Mitchy moo
12-23-2006, 09:29 PM
If Denver does not lose one, KC win/loss will not matter, for Denver will be 10-6.

Yes but if Denver loses one and is tied with us without KC being in there we lose out, so go KC!!

Devin
12-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Trent Green has joined the douchebag club.

Devin
12-23-2006, 09:58 PM
One down. 4 to go.

Goobylal
12-23-2006, 10:17 PM
From what I understand, KC losing doesn't help us at all, but KC winning could. And thankfully they did.

Mitchy moo
12-23-2006, 10:46 PM
One down. 4 to go.

So what left for tomorrow besides us winning devin?

The Bills beat Tennessee, Miami beats the Jets, Denver beats Cincinnati and New England beats Jacksonville?

Then we win in Baltimore then we are in the playoffs?

Devin
12-23-2006, 10:49 PM
correct.

Tatonka
12-23-2006, 11:14 PM
can you feel it?

it is like it is supposed to happen..

how nice is it to be excited in december about buffalo football??

Goobylal
12-23-2006, 11:27 PM

The Bills beat Tennessee, Miami beats the Jets, Denver beats Cincinnati and New England beats Jacksonville?

The great thing is that, outside of the Baltimore game (I'll get to that), the teams we want to win are favored and SHOULD win. The Pats will be extra motivated because they could be playing for their playoff lives. Denver is also playing for their playoff lives and will be at home, where they are tough to beat. And hopefully the Dols have some pride left.

As for Baltimore, depending on what happens tomorrow, next Sunday could be meaningless for them. Basically, tomorrow we need to pull for the Steelers to beat the Ravens, Indy to beat Houston, and SD to beat the Seahags, because that would give the Chargers and Colts the first round byes.

Ebenezer
12-23-2006, 11:31 PM
can you feel it?

it is like it is supposed to happen..

how nice is it to be excited in december about buffalo football??

until PJ Daniels takes off on a 59 yard run from his own 6 in the 3rd quarter....

G. Host
12-23-2006, 11:33 PM
The great thing is that, outside of the Baltimore game (I'll get to that), the teams we want to win are favored and SHOULD win. The Pats will be extra motivated because they could be playing for their playoff lives. Denver is also playing for their playoff lives and will be at home, where they are tough to beat. And hopefully the Dols have some pride left.

As for Baltimore, depending on what happens tomorrow, next Sunday could be meaningless for them. Basically, tomorrow we need to pull for the Steelers to beat the Ravens, Indy to beat Houston, and SD to beat the Seahags, because that would give the Chargers and Colts the first round byes.

That might result in Baltimore competing with New England for #3 spot. Baltimore would rather beat the Bills in week 17 and play the 6th seed than play the 5th seed in round 1 of playoffs and then need to face Chargers in playoff week 2.

Ebenezer
12-23-2006, 11:33 PM

it would be nice if the Buff/Balt game got switched to 4:15...by then Indi and SD might have locked up home field and NE would be in 4th - Balt would have nothing to play for.

BILLSROCK1212
12-23-2006, 11:36 PM
it would be nice if the Buff/Balt game got switched to 4:15...by then Indi and SD might have locked up home field and NE would be in 4th - Balt would have nothing to play for.i was thinking the same thing and it isnt unlikely

Devin
12-23-2006, 11:40 PM
im not gonna get greedy.

If we have to play Baltimores starters so be it.

Goobylal
12-23-2006, 11:48 PM
it would be nice if the Buff/Balt game got switched to 4:15...by then Indi and SD might have locked up home field and NE would be in 4th - Balt would have nothing to play for.
True, but if the Ravens lose tomorrow and the Chargers and Colts win, it eliminates them from getting a coveted first-round bye, so resting the starters NEXT weekend might be a good idea. And I don't buy that they'd play their starters just so as to avoid playing the Chargers in round 2. I think the extra week of rest and prep time for teams they'll be facing in the playoffs would make much more sense.

Tatonka
12-23-2006, 11:49 PM
i would actually prefer we play the baltimore starters..

i want to know we are good enough to get in.. or not get in at all.

G. Host
12-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Young is a good warm up for McNair. Hopefully if they can contain him, something the defense has not done well this year with mobile QBs, they will one step towards containing the very dangerous McNair. Ironic that we face Titans future and past QB in successive weeks.

Goobylal
12-23-2006, 11:51 PM
i would actually prefer we play the baltimore starters..

i want to know we are good enough to get in.. or not get in at all.
I used to think that...now I don't care. I'll glady accept backing-into the playoffs if need be. It would be a great first season under Levy, Jauron, and co., and give prospective FA's a reason to consider going to the Bills.

Ebenezer
12-23-2006, 11:55 PM
and give prospective FA's a reason to consider going to the Bills.

that is reason #1 why I want this team to make the playoffs....

Goobylal
12-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Not to mention it would give the players who haven't been to the playoffs some experience.

Tatonka
12-24-2006, 12:05 AM
experience getting creamed in a wildcard game?

players will know how close we are to the playoffs regardless of whether we get in or not.. if we win this week and a few other teams lose, believe me.. the bills will be getting press coverage out the ass..

i would prefer we earn the entrance to the playoffs.. i would prefer the notion that we may actually have a chance to win a game or two. but that being said.. it is not like i wont be excited either way.

Goobylal
12-24-2006, 12:14 AM
experience getting creamed in a wildcard game?
IMHO, you learn more from your mistakes than your successes. It also leaves you with a loftier goal, i.e. the SB, rather than missing them and coming back next year and saying "this year we want to make the playoffs."

I used to be of the mind that I wanted to do/earn it all myself. Now I realize that you use what/who you can to get what/where you want, because if you don't, someone else will.

Ebenezer
12-24-2006, 12:32 AM
after 7 years?? I'll take a playoff game...hey, SD and Indi didn't exactly blow the doors off against us...

Mitchy moo
12-24-2006, 06:16 AM
after 7 years?? I'll take a playoff game...hey, SD and Indi didn't exactly blow the doors off against us...

We could of beat both of those teams.:rrich:

ShadowHawk7
12-24-2006, 08:58 AM

Isn't it better for us if Cinci beats Denver and the rest of what you said happens?

Mitchy moo
12-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Isn't it better for us if Cinci beats Denver and the rest of what you said happens?

If it happens just the way I said, we just have to win both our games and we are playoff bound.