X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Are the Tampa Bay Bucs crazy?

They must be if they are giving him a contract like this.
    Instead, the Bucs are close to a two-year agreement with Simms that will virtually guarantee him $5 million in 2007 with a chance to earn another $1.5 million in playtime incentives, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Chris Simms' stock was down when his season ended with a serious spleen injury in Week 3, and many speculated it could end his career as the Bucs

why would they guarantee that much money to someone who has never been that good and is coming back from a life threatening injury? If that's the case, what will is cost to resign JP in a few years?
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Are the Tampa Bay Bucs crazy?

A franchise tag.

Comment

• billsburgh
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
      A franchise tag.
      $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

ASSUMING Losman puts up an above average season next year (not necessarily pro-bowl numbers, but continues to add to what hes doing) he could be looking at upwards of 5-7 mil a season possibly even more depending on the market.

Considering that he could very well hit the 3K+ Yardage/20+ TD mark this season those are somewhat lofty expectations/numbers. However if he does you move him into the below Manning/Brady/Brees group but above the Eli/Pennington/McNair/Carr group. In fact you could probably start to make that argument this season.

At any rate thats a guess of course but probably in the right ballpark.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• HendersonD06
          • Oct 2005

I live in the Burg, about 15 mins away from Tampa, you just gotta cross the bridge and your in St.Pete from Tampa... A matter of fact... The Devil Rays play in St.Petersburg where im from, but they call em Tampa.

But yea... All I know is this, the Bucs fans are the worst in all of sports... Think Dolphin fans are bad? Wait till you see the Buc fans...

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

Try going to a Bucs/Dolphins game

That being said, i like Simms but i think the contract is ing crazy. He needs some time to develop, especially after being out all this season.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

I assume the Bucs will have a lot of cap room and are doing this on the off-chance that he recovers fully (he should) and plays better (who knows?).

And JP is signed through 2008. The Bills could just wait until after that season and franchise him the next or give him an extension before the season ends. In any case, the decision won't come for another 2 years at least.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsburgh
                what will is cost to resign JP in a few years?

we won't have to worry about that.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                  Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                  • Jul 2002

Honestly, who else would be the Bucs QB? Gradkowski? He has not been good at all.

God give me style and give me grace
                  God put a smile upon my face

Comment

Working...
                  X