PDA

View Full Version : Are the Tampa Bay Bucs crazy?

billsburgh
12-23-2006, 11:59 PM
They must be if they are giving him a contract like this.

Instead, the Bucs are close to a two-year agreement with Simms that will virtually guarantee him $5 million in 2007 with a chance to earn another $1.5 million in playtime incentives, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2707239
why would they guarantee that much money to someone who has never been that good and is coming back from a life threatening injury? If that's the case, what will is cost to resign JP in a few years?

Goobylal
12-24-2006, 12:00 AM
A franchise tag.

billsburgh
12-24-2006, 12:06 AM
A franchise tag.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Devin
12-24-2006, 12:48 AM
ASSUMING Losman puts up an above average season next year (not necessarily pro-bowl numbers, but continues to add to what hes doing) he could be looking at upwards of 5-7 mil a season possibly even more depending on the market.

Considering that he could very well hit the 3K+ Yardage/20+ TD mark this season those are somewhat lofty expectations/numbers. However if he does you move him into the below Manning/Brady/Brees group but above the Eli/Pennington/McNair/Carr group. In fact you could probably start to make that argument this season.

At any rate thats a guess of course but probably in the right ballpark.

HendersonD06
12-24-2006, 01:08 AM
I live in the Burg, about 15 mins away from Tampa, you just gotta cross the bridge and your in St.Pete from Tampa... A matter of fact... The Devil Rays play in St.Petersburg where im from, but they call em Tampa.

But yea... All I know is this, the Bucs fans are the worst in all of sports... Think Dolphin fans are bad? Wait till you see the Buc fans...

shelby
12-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Try going to a Bucs/Dolphins game:ill:

That being said, i like Simms but i think the contract is :curse:ing crazy. He needs some time to develop, especially after being out all this season.

Goobylal
12-24-2006, 08:47 AM
I assume the Bucs will have a lot of cap room and are doing this on the off-chance that he recovers fully (he should) and plays better (who knows?).

And JP is signed through 2008. The Bills could just wait until after that season and franchise him the next or give him an extension before the season ends. In any case, the decision won't come for another 2 years at least.

SABURZFAN
12-24-2006, 09:56 AM
what will is cost to resign JP in a few years?

we won't have to worry about that. :up:

Dicknoze69
12-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Honestly, who else would be the Bucs QB? Gradkowski? He has not been good at all.