PDA

View Full Version : I'm not blaming the officials for the loss

OpIv37
12-24-2006, 03:40 PM
because we gave up over 200 yards on the ground and couldn't tackle anyone. But there were definitely some questionable calls in that game. On the first TN TD, it looked like Denny got through the line and was getting held by two guys.

And on Tennessee's final drive, that holding call on Tripplett was just ridiculous.

I'd be really pissed off if I felt like we deserved to win, but we didn't earn it today.

Borosai
12-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Both teams played well enough to win and bad enough to lose. The difference was a field goal that was never kicked.

LtFinFan66
12-24-2006, 03:45 PM
how could you blame them anyway

OpIv37
12-24-2006, 03:48 PM
how could you blame them anyway

there's some people around here who think criticizing the officiating is the same thing as making excuses for the loss. I'm just trying to make a distinction- the officiating sucked, but I doubt we would have won even if it was perfect.

LtFinFan66
12-24-2006, 03:49 PM
When I was watching, I only saw calls made against the Titans:idunno:

OpIv37
12-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Both teams played well enough to win and bad enough to lose. The difference was a field goal that was never kicked.

when you give up 200 yards on the ground and miss tackles all over the field, you didn't play well enough to win. Maybe our O played well enough to win, but the D definitely didn't. And neither did the coaches.

DraftBoy
12-24-2006, 03:50 PM
there's some people around here who think criticizing the officiating is the same thing as making excuses for the loss. I'm just trying to make a distinction- the officiating sucked, but I doubt we would have won even if it was perfect.

I disagree the officiating was good today, they missed a couple of calls but nothing blatant. You could make a case that Triplett was holding. Blaming the officials is making excuses, they dont cause you to win or lose. If its up to them to decide the game your team is trying hard enough.

OpIv37
12-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I disagree the officiating was good today, they missed a couple of calls but nothing blatant. You could make a case that Triplett was holding. Blaming the officials is making excuses, they dont cause you to win or lose. If its up to them to decide the game your team is trying hard enough.

that's why I titled the thread "I'm not blaming the officials"

For the most part the officiating was good, however, the two plays I mentioned were both bad and they were both important plays in the game. As far as the Tripplett play, you can make a case that someone is holding on almost EVERY play. If you have to make a case, it shouldn't be called unless they're going to call it EVERY time.

DraftBoy
12-24-2006, 03:56 PM
that's why I titled the thread "I'm not blaming the officials"

For the most part the officiating was good, however, the two plays I mentioned were both bad and they were both important plays in the game. As far as the Tripplett play, you can make a case that someone is holding on almost EVERY play. If you have to make a case, it shouldn't be called unless they're going to call it EVERY time.

I disagree, and the only reason I say you can make a case agaisnt Tripplett, is that he still has his hands under the pads and he's no longer trying to make the play, he's just making sure his guy doesnt move, which is fine when your hands are on top of the pads. Its was a really nick-nack call but not a bad one.

Borosai
12-24-2006, 03:57 PM
when you give up 200 yards on the ground and miss tackles all over the field, you didn't play well enough to win. Maybe our O played well enough to win, but the D definitely didn't. And neither did the coaches.

That's what I meant. Both teams scored enough to win, and gave up enough points to lose. Horrible defensive effort by both teams, and questionable play calling. I'm glad I couldn't watch the game or my tv would be outside right now.

OpIv37
12-24-2006, 04:01 PM
That's what I meant. Both teams scored enough to win, and gave up enough points to lose. Horrible defensive effort by both teams, and questionable play calling. I'm glad I couldn't watch the game or my tv would be outside right now.

oh, I paid DirecTV a lot of money for the right to watch that game... I think One Bills Drive owes me a refund.

DraftBoy
12-24-2006, 04:07 PM
oh, I paid DirecTV a lot of money for the right to watch that game... I think One Bills Drive owes me a refund.

Write them a letter, I wonder if youd get a response

OpIv37
12-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Write them a letter, I wonder if youd get a response

well, right now there's a lot of people in WNY who are very happy that they decided to spend Christmas Eve with their families instead of at the game. They certainly didn't do anything to ensure future sellouts today.