PDA

View Full Version : Why the F didn't we run?

patmoran2006
12-24-2006, 03:53 PM
If 45 yards in Dickhead Jauron's estimation was slightly too far out of Lindell's field goal range, then why didn't we try to run the ball on SECOND and third down.. Run a draw, power-sweep, planned QB keeper whatever....

Even just if they get 5-6 yards on the plays it becomes inside a 40 yarder, there was STILL time to run the ball two more times.. And Tenn was playing the pass.

I mean, obviously he felt 45 yards was too wrong (I disagree and think we shoulda tried to kick it), but my PROBLEM is if thats why he felt that way, we shoulda tried to pound another 5-6 yards on the last two plays.

Asbolutely ****ing HORRIBLE game management AGAIN by Jauron.. I truly think he sucks as a head coach, he's mediocre at best and I'm tired of the mediocrity..

This team has PROVED They were good enough to be a playoff team THIS year despite all the youngsters..

5 F"n losses by a total of 10 points... Jauron has now GIVEN away the Jets game early in the season, and this game as well.. He also didnt even prepare them to play against the Lowly Lions..

I know it wont happen cause he's Marv boy, but with the talent and potential this team has right now, they need to get rid of Mr Average as head coach right now and get someone in here who can take this team to a playoff calibre level.

I'm not saying its ALL Jauron's fault we've lost some of the games, but this is now at least a handful of games where his management and decisions have been more detrimental to the team than beneficial.

The ****ty head coaching in this town is getting old fast now... ****, the way this dickwad manages games and makes decisions, I'd rather have 81-year old Marv down on the field himself.

No excuse to lose this game today.

DraftBoy
12-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Good post, Im not sure how much I agree about running it on 4th and 5, but atleast dont call 40 yard pass patterns. Thats just ******ed.

Devin
12-24-2006, 03:55 PM
If 45 yards in Dickhead Jauron's estimation was slightly too far out of Lindell's field goal range, then why didn't we try to run the ball on SECOND and third down.. Run a draw, power-sweep, planned QB keeper whatever....

Even just if they get 5-6 yards on the plays it becomes inside a 40 yarder, there was STILL time to run the ball two more times.. And Tenn was playing the pass.

I mean, obviously he felt 45 yards was too wrong (I disagree and think we shoulda tried to kick it), but my PROBLEM is if thats why he felt that way, we shoulda tried to pound another 5-6 yards on the last two plays.

Asbolutely ****ing HORRIBLE game management AGAIN by Jauron.. I truly think he sucks as a head coach, he's mediocre at best and I'm tired of the mediocrity..

This team has PROVED They were good enough to be a playoff team THIS year despite all the youngsters..

5 F"n losses by a total of 10 points... Jauron has now GIVEN away the Jets game early in the season, and this game as well.. He also didnt even prepare them to play against the Lowly Lions..

I know it wont happen cause he's Marv boy, but with the talent and potential this team has right now, they need to get rid of Mr Average as head coach right now and get someone in here who can take this team to a playoff calibre level.

I'm not saying its ALL Jauron's fault we've lost some of the games, but this is now at least a handful of games where his management and decisions have been more detrimental to the team than beneficial.

The ****ty head coaching in this town is getting old fast now... ****, the way this dickwad manages games and makes decisions, I'd rather have 81-year old Marv down on the field himself.

No excuse to lose this game today.

I don't agree with you often, but this is pretty close to hitting the nail on the head.

patmoran2006
12-24-2006, 03:55 PM
And I also understand we're young and this and that and blahblahblah..

I say.. bull****.. this team is 7-8 and if they were better coached at WORST they are 9-6 right now and a lock for the playoffs..

Other teams (Jets, Saints) have come out of nowhere this season to be in the hunt for a Super Bowl--- WE've shown we have the players to be that team as well.

LOsman has grown up, so has Willis.. This is a pretty good ****ing football team, a hell of a lot better than I thought they'd be.

Its been a long time since I've been THIS PISSED at poor ****ing coaching, only the Miami game of last year rivals the HORRIBLE coaching today by that slightly ******ed looking ****.

patmoran2006
12-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Good post, Im not sure how much I agree about running it on 4th and 5, but atleast dont call 40 yard pass patterns. Thats just ******ed.

No, what i was saying we should've kicked the FG attempt on fourth down, but RUN the ball on second and third before that.

We likely dont bust a game winning TD run that way, but I think the way Willis was running and TEnny playing the pass we woulda made that 45 yarder a 35-38 yarder at worst.

Novacane
12-24-2006, 03:59 PM
It's kind of hard getting to excited about all our young talent knowing we're still gonna have the same average staff next year

Kerr
12-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Dick blew it as soon as he decided to skip going for it in titans territory. The offense needed to stay aggresive and get a TD. He decided to punt it and the titans just rolled down the field to kick a fg.

patmoran2006
12-24-2006, 04:04 PM
1st and 10 from the TEnn 33.. We run for four yards..

And THEN the game was lost by POOR PLAY CALLING.

On 2nd and 6 from the 29, we should have run the ball.. TWICE.

and Kerr, I also agree with you-- the way our run D was looking today, we shoulda went for that as well...

Ugghhhh.. This is so disheartening.

At worst its a more Makable FG for Lindell..

This was piss poor coaching AGAIN by Jauron..

DraftBoy
12-24-2006, 04:05 PM
No, what i was saying we should've kicked the FG attempt on fourth down, but RUN the ball on second and third before that.

We likely dont bust a game winning TD run that way, but I think the way Willis was running and TEnny playing the pass we woulda made that 45 yarder a 35-38 yarder at worst.

Ahh much better!

YardRat
12-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Second-guessing gets us nowhere.

I would have run the ball also, and gone for the FG...but that doesn't make me 'right' and Jauron (Fairchild, actually?) 'wrong'.

IF we would've run, not gotten a first down, and Lindell missed a forty-forty five yarder into the stiff wind they would've been called out for not throwing the ball and not trying to get closer for a shorter FG.

DraftBoy
12-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Second-guessing gets us nowhere.

I would have run the ball also, and gone for the FG...but that doesn't make me 'right' and Jauron (Fairchild, actually?) 'wrong'.

IF we would've run, not gotten a first down, and Lindell missed a forty-forty five yarder into the stiff wind they would've been called out for not throwing the ball and not trying to get closer for a shorter FG.

Being 100% honest, if we try the FG I have little beef with Jauron.

Kerr
12-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Richard just had his good streak. He goes back to being the same old dick.

ShadowHawk7
12-24-2006, 04:36 PM
If Evans breaks one last tackle on 2 and 6, that might of made the difference. But even if we made the field goal there, we would of handed Young 50 seconds and 2 timeouts, and we all know he could of scored a couple times with that. The bonehead play by Royal gets me the most.

PhinsFan66
12-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Not trying to be sarcastic here, but would you guys take Mularkey back from the Phins? :candle:

Devin
12-24-2006, 05:41 PM
HELL NO.

Cntrygal
12-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Not trying to be sarcastic here, but would you guys take Mularkey back from the Phins? :candle:

No.

Please sign him for a lifetime contract with Miami.

Thanks.

PhinsFan66
12-24-2006, 08:10 PM
No.

Please sign him for a lifetime contract with Miami.

Thanks.

Ohhh I know you miss MOO-larkey. :nod:

RockStar36
12-24-2006, 08:24 PM
You know what I'd like to know. When the Bills were up 29-27, it's 3rd and 1, and they clear the backfield and go shotgun. What the hell kind of playcall was that? That was a Mularkey call at its finest.

Nighthawk
12-24-2006, 08:25 PM
You know what I'd like to know. When the Bills were up 29-27, it's 3rd and 1, and they clear the backfield and go shotgun. What the hell kind of playcall was that? That was a Mularkey call at its finest.

That's good coaching...don't you know? Just ask some people on this board. (yes, it is sarcasim)

RockStar36
12-24-2006, 08:27 PM
I thought Jauron and Co. were doing a decent job but they really dropped the ball a few times today. Makes you wonder if that is what will happen when the games really count.