PDA

View Full Version : Your Rian Lindell deciding if you wanna come back to Buffalo.............

BILLSROCK1212
12-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Lindell is a FA this offseason, if your Lindell to come back to the Bills or do you go to a team like lets say the Cowboys?

DraftBoy
12-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Why would I come to a team that has no confidence in me?

jpetre13
12-24-2006, 04:10 PM
no confidence? um they asked him if he could make it and he said no... i think you mean him not having confidence in himself

OpIv37
12-24-2006, 04:11 PM
no confidence? um they asked him if he could make it and he said no... i think you mean him not having confidence in himself

you got a source on that?

DraftBoy
12-24-2006, 04:11 PM

Im not buying the Jauron excuse. He was warming up, having a career day, and they dont let him. I have a hard time buying they said: "Hey Rian, do you think you can make this kick?" "No coach, I suck."

gr8slayer
12-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Hey, Lindell's name has been mentioned in Dallas lately as a FA kicker.

jpetre13
12-24-2006, 04:22 PM
you got a source on that?

i listened to the interview on the radio coming home from the game

ghz in pittsburgh
12-24-2006, 05:20 PM
JPetre is right. Lindell said Jauron looked at him and he replied with a look of "no".

From Jauron's interview, that's the reason of the confusion. They had a pre-game decided line of 25 yard line for Lindell. But Jauron wanted to hear from Lindell himself at that time.

YardRat
12-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Lindell said 'No'. I saw the interview on the news after the game. From the horse's mouth, no quoting involved.

DraftBoy
12-24-2006, 06:27 PM
well then I dont want Lindell back, I dont care if he wants to come back or not....

Though Im a man and Ill admit I was wrong to not believe Jauron in this situation.

YardRat
12-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Let's put this in perspective...it's not like it was the last play of the game with one second on the clock.....

Lindell said he couldn't make it, and the coaching staff somewhat knew that also based on the markers they got from the pre-game kicks. If it were a 70 yarder with no wind, fourth down and five and plenty of time on the clock would you blame the kicker for saying "No, I've got a better chance if you get me a few more yards"?

It's unrealistic to expect the impossible. The odds were better for a score if the team got a first down. Plain and simple. Good call in hindsight.

DraftBoy
12-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Let's put this in perspective...it's not like it was the last play of the game with one second on the clock.....

Lindell said he couldn't make it, and the coaching staff somewhat knew that also based on the markers they got from the pre-game kicks. If it were a 70 yarder with no wind, fourth down and five and plenty of time on the clock would you blame the kicker for saying "No, I've got a better chance if you get me a few more yards"?

It's unrealistic to expect the impossible. The odds were better for a score if the team got a first down. Plain and simple. Good call in hindsight.

Im not arguing whether it was a good call or not, but winners always want the ball in the clutch. Lindell saying no makes me seriously question his desire to win the game.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Im not arguing whether it was a good call or not, but winners always want the ball in the clutch. Lindell saying no makes me seriously question his desire to win the game.
and it shows with the amount of clutch kicks that he doesn't make. :ill:

YardRat
12-24-2006, 07:07 PM

If it were to be the last play of the game, with no time left on the clock, I would probably lean more towards that mind-set. But it wasn't. I'm sure he wouldn't have backed off if the line of scrimmage was the 25 yard line, or closer.

YardRat
12-24-2006, 07:10 PM
and it shows with the amount of clutch kicks that he doesn't make. :ill:

He's had one...count 'em...ONE...kick in his entire career in Buffalo where the outcome of the game hinged on his foot.

And he MADE it.

I'd like to hear about all these clutch kicks he's 'missed' if you've got the time.

scott51
12-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Lindell is a FA this offseason, if your Lindell to come back to the Bills or do you go to a team like lets say the Cowboys?

NO!! Lindell shouldn't even make the trip to Baltimore!

Forward_Lateral
12-24-2006, 10:25 PM
He's had one...count 'em...ONE...kick in his entire career in Buffalo where the outcome of the game hinged on his foot.

And he MADE it.

I'd like to hear about all these clutch kicks he's 'missed' if you've got the time.

IN Indy a few weeks ago. :idunno:

Michael82
12-24-2006, 10:45 PM
IN Indy a few weeks ago. :idunno:
:ill: