X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Jauron must be fired!!!!

I am totally not one of those idiots that throws crap like this out there every time there is a questionable call but to not kick a field goal in that situation is inexcusable. I was there the wind was not that bad. Secondly why were they running a no huddle offense??? Absolute incompetence..... The drive before when they were in shotgun on 3rd and 1 was horrendous as well(I realize that probably falls more on Fairchild but come on!!!!)
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jauron must be fired!!!!

The wind was that bad, Thurm. I saw the Titan FG from 5 yards closer - it went up, ten hit a brick wall of wind.

It was blowing like mad where I was all game

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

But I woulda tried it- but I won't kill the guy for not going for it. Dammed if you do, damned if you don't

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

I think i've had just enough of him, even if it is his first season only with this team. According to Dick and Chris Brown, lindell was out of range and they didn't think he could make it after checking with lindell himself. I don't know.
        The coaching as a whole was ****ty in this game and it all starts with the head coach. Jauron no longer gives me much confidence heading into next season.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I was starting to buy into Jauron a little before this game but DAMN. The coaches really blew it today- several times.

And the Tampa 2 blows.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

DICK is a ****ing moron and needs to go, but hey ralph would just go cheap on another low end HC

Comment

• njsue
              Jersey Girl!!!!!!
              • Sep 2003

NO Dick Jauron does not need to be fired. This bills team still has some holes to be filled. This issue will be dealt with in the off season.

Pat Williams should have never left the bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Jauron is just freaking terrible.

If he knew from the start that we wern't gonna attempt a FG from that range then we should've tried to run the ball at least once on 2nd or 3rd down. We could've gotten at least a few yards to make the 4th down closer or maybe even a 1st down.

And how about the playcalling for them plays. All we needed were 5 yards and on the 3rd and 4th down plays they were all shooting for the EZ.

Even some dumpoffs on the 3rd and 4th down passes and we would've had a better chance of picking it up. We shouldn't have been passing 3 straight times in the 1st place if they didn't plan on trying for the FG.

Jauron is a loser. I don't care if we made a nice run towards the end of the year or not. His many terrible gameday decisions took us out of the playoffs. Just because he didn't screw up as much for 5 weeks while we were playing well doesn't mean he did a good job this season.

There is too many questionable calls to name them all. Today was the worse I have ever seen in my life. Any other coach in the NFL would've gotten us the victory today or at least attempted the FG. We had no reason passing on 2nd and 3rd down if they didn't plan on trying the FG. There was plenty of time left. And the plays ran were absolutely terrible.

And I don't even think they knew from the start that's what they were gonna do. Had Jauron already made the decision that he wasn't gonna attempt a FG from that distance then the offense wouldn't have ran off the field after 3rd down.

Jauron wasn't thinking ahead and made a boneheaded decision. There was no plan or structure. They should've already knew what they planned on doing and played towards that decision. This wasn't the case today.

Jauron will be lucky to lead this team to a playoff victory let alone a chance for the SB. I see him as a coach that will always lead this team to 7-9 wins or 6 in a bad season and 10 in a good season with an early exit from the playoffs.

Look at Chicago now that he's gone. I was learning to respect him curious to see what our team could maybe do next year with him after the way we played since the Colts game. He just made way too many bad decisions that lost us the game early in the season and now this one. Without his stupid decisions then we would be in the playoffs.

Comment

• honey
                  • Aug 2002

I personally think the game was "fixed". There is no freaking way you don't kick a FG in that kind of situation.

Fixed, I say. And I also say, if it was fixed (and it was), FIRE EVERYONE. Screw that. We could have been in the playoffs and not kicking the FG just guaranteed we'd be out. I'm pissed.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                    The wind was that bad, Thurm. I saw the Titan FG from 5 yards closer - it went up, ten hit a brick wall of wind.

It was blowing like mad where I was all game
                    On 4th and 5 Dick finally realized that a FG try wasn't going to work? The issue started on 1st and 10 when you need to know that 5 yards isn't going to do it!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      On 4th and 5 Dick finally realized that a FG try wasn't going to work? The issue started on 1st and 10 when you need to know that 5 yards isn't going to do it!!!!
                      great point- when the Bills got the ball back, Jauron should have had some idea how far they had to get before Lindell would come in, instead of waiting til the last second to figure it out.

But hey, why would that be Jauron's fault?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

I wonder if Lindell said something. It sure looked like they were going to kick the FG, then Lindell appeared to say something to Jauron, or vice versa, then they decided to go for it. This is pure speculation, btw.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I'm going to start a thread on this, but Lindell was interviewed after the game and it was HIM who told the staff he couldn't make it.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
                            I'm going to start a thread on this, but Lindell was interviewed after the game and it was HIM who told the staff he couldn't make it.
                            I KNEW IT! So, can we all stop blaming Jauron now?

Comment

• honey
                              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                              I KNEW IT! So, can we all stop blaming Jauron now?
                              NO. It was a bad call. How many extra points did he make? And a FG before. No, no, no, no. Juaron screwed up. Period.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

Working...
                              X