PDA

View Full Version : Jauron must be fired!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2006, 04:49 PM
I am totally not one of those idiots that throws crap like this out there every time there is a questionable call but to not kick a field goal in that situation is inexcusable. I was there the wind was not that bad. Secondly why were they running a no huddle offense??? Absolute incompetence..... The drive before when they were in shotgun on 3rd and 1 was horrendous as well(I realize that probably falls more on Fairchild but come on!!!!)

Dozerdog
12-24-2006, 04:53 PM
The wind was that bad, Thurm. I saw the Titan FG from 5 yards closer - it went up, ten hit a brick wall of wind.

It was blowing like mad where I was all game

Dozerdog
12-24-2006, 04:53 PM
But I woulda tried it- but I won't kill the guy for not going for it. Dammed if you do, damned if you don't

Kerr
12-24-2006, 04:54 PM
I think i've had just enough of him, even if it is his first season only with this team. According to Dick and Chris Brown, lindell was out of range and they didn't think he could make it after checking with lindell himself. I don't know.
The coaching as a whole was ****ty in this game and it all starts with the head coach. Jauron no longer gives me much confidence heading into next season.

OpIv37
12-24-2006, 05:18 PM
I was starting to buy into Jauron a little before this game but DAMN. The coaches really blew it today- several times.

And the Tampa 2 blows.

ICE74129
12-24-2006, 05:20 PM
DICK is a ****ing moron and needs to go, but hey ralph would just go cheap on another low end HC

njsue
12-24-2006, 05:47 PM
NO Dick Jauron does not need to be fired. This bills team still has some holes to be filled. This issue will be dealt with in the off season.

Pat Williams should have never left the bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillsFever21
12-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Jauron is just freaking terrible.

If he knew from the start that we wern't gonna attempt a FG from that range then we should've tried to run the ball at least once on 2nd or 3rd down. We could've gotten at least a few yards to make the 4th down closer or maybe even a 1st down.

And how about the playcalling for them plays. All we needed were 5 yards and on the 3rd and 4th down plays they were all shooting for the EZ.

Even some dumpoffs on the 3rd and 4th down passes and we would've had a better chance of picking it up. We shouldn't have been passing 3 straight times in the 1st place if they didn't plan on trying for the FG.

Jauron is a loser. I don't care if we made a nice run towards the end of the year or not. His many terrible gameday decisions took us out of the playoffs. Just because he didn't screw up as much for 5 weeks while we were playing well doesn't mean he did a good job this season.

There is too many questionable calls to name them all. Today was the worse I have ever seen in my life. Any other coach in the NFL would've gotten us the victory today or at least attempted the FG. We had no reason passing on 2nd and 3rd down if they didn't plan on trying the FG. There was plenty of time left. And the plays ran were absolutely terrible.

And I don't even think they knew from the start that's what they were gonna do. Had Jauron already made the decision that he wasn't gonna attempt a FG from that distance then the offense wouldn't have ran off the field after 3rd down.

Jauron wasn't thinking ahead and made a boneheaded decision. There was no plan or structure. They should've already knew what they planned on doing and played towards that decision. This wasn't the case today.

Jauron will be lucky to lead this team to a playoff victory let alone a chance for the SB. I see him as a coach that will always lead this team to 7-9 wins or 6 in a bad season and 10 in a good season with an early exit from the playoffs.

Look at Chicago now that he's gone. I was learning to respect him curious to see what our team could maybe do next year with him after the way we played since the Colts game. He just made way too many bad decisions that lost us the game early in the season and now this one. Without his stupid decisions then we would be in the playoffs.

honey
12-24-2006, 06:00 PM
I personally think the game was "fixed". There is no freaking way you don't kick a FG in that kind of situation.

Fixed, I say. And I also say, if it was fixed (and it was), FIRE EVERYONE. Screw that. We could have been in the playoffs and not kicking the FG just guaranteed we'd be out. I'm pissed. :mad:

HHURRICANE
12-24-2006, 06:15 PM
The wind was that bad, Thurm. I saw the Titan FG from 5 yards closer - it went up, ten hit a brick wall of wind.

It was blowing like mad where I was all game On 4th and 5 Dick finally realized that a FG try wasn't going to work? The issue started on 1st and 10 when you need to know that 5 yards isn't going to do it!!!!

OpIv37
12-24-2006, 06:17 PM
On 4th and 5 Dick finally realized that a FG try wasn't going to work? The issue started on 1st and 10 when you need to know that 5 yards isn't going to do it!!!!

great point- when the Bills got the ball back, Jauron should have had some idea how far they had to get before Lindell would come in, instead of waiting til the last second to figure it out.

But hey, why would that be Jauron's fault?

Forward_Lateral
12-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I wonder if Lindell said something. It sure looked like they were going to kick the FG, then Lindell appeared to say something to Jauron, or vice versa, then they decided to go for it. This is pure speculation, btw.

YardRat
12-24-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm going to start a thread on this, but Lindell was interviewed after the game and it was HIM who told the staff he couldn't make it.

Forward_Lateral
12-24-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm going to start a thread on this, but Lindell was interviewed after the game and it was HIM who told the staff he couldn't make it.

I KNEW IT! So, can we all stop blaming Jauron now?

honey
12-24-2006, 06:35 PM
I KNEW IT! So, can we all stop blaming Jauron now?

NO. It was a bad call. How many extra points did he make? And a FG before. No, no, no, no. Juaron screwed up. Period.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2006, 06:43 PM
NO. It was a bad call. How many extra points did he make? And a FG before. No, no, no, no. Juaron screwed up. Period.

What the **** do PAT's have to do with a 45 yard field goal???

Nothing PAT's are 20 yards. 45 is much greater that 20.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2006, 06:44 PM
And the wind was brutal. To say it was not bad is insane.

YardRat
12-24-2006, 06:51 PM
great point- when the Bills got the ball back, Jauron should have had some idea how far they had to get before Lindell would come in, instead of waiting til the last second to figure it out.

But hey, why would that be Jauron's fault?

He DID have an idea based on the pre-game kicks, and the outside marker was the 25-yard line. They were farther out than that. As I said in another thread, I give the staff credit for at least giving the player the chance to say yes or no EVEN THOUGH IT WENT AGAINST THEIR PRE-DETERMINED MARKERS.

Stop this bull**** attempting to make the staff look clueless when they KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THE SITUATION WAS.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 07:03 PM
He DID have an idea based on the pre-game kicks, and the outside marker was the 25-yard line. They were farther out than that. As I said in another thread, I give the staff credit for at least giving the player the chance to say yes or no EVEN THOUGH IT WENT AGAINST THEIR PRE-DETERMINED MARKERS.

Stop this bull**** attempting to make the staff look clueless when they KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THE SITUATION WAS.
if thats the case, then why were the first 3 downs before that decision so short? They should have been trying to get within good field goal range. Not doing the little short crap.

ublinkwescore
12-24-2006, 07:12 PM
I have one question for all of you...

How the hell do honestly expect to ever get to the playoffs without any kind of continuity in the coaching?

We bring in another head coach, he's gonna bring in his new coordinators, and then our players are forced to learn yet another system on both sides of the ball - and then when that coach isn't getting results as a result of the typical happenings of a new coaching regime, we're all ready to crap on him and demanding a new coach.

give Jauron time damnit - he still gets the most out of his players - let's just hope the media criticizes him for his (or his assistant coaches') boneheaded calls and that he learns from it.

I'm sure Marv knows this, and it won't even materialize as an idea in his head to fire Jauron.

I expect to see Jauron back here next year.

YardRat
12-24-2006, 07:16 PM
if thats the case, then why were the first 3 downs before that decision so short? They should have been trying to get within good field goal range. Not doing the little short crap.

You were there...

Tell me what defenses the Titans were playing on those three downs and I'll explain.

madness
12-24-2006, 07:20 PM

How the hell do honestly expect to ever get to the playoffs without any kind of continuity in the coaching?

We bring in another head coach, he's gonna bring in his new coordinators, and then our players are forced to learn yet another system on both sides of the ball - and then when that coach isn't getting results as a result of the typical happenings of a new coaching regime, we're all ready to crap on him and demanding a new coach.

give Jauron time damnit - he still gets the most out of his players - let's just hope the media criticizes him for his (or his assistant coaches') boneheaded calls and that he learns from it.

I'm sure Marv knows this, and it won't even materialize as an idea in his head to fire Jauron.

We have a poster trying to use common sense over here...

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Statman
12-24-2006, 07:42 PM
I just have to laugh. Jauron and his staff go from "turning it all around" to sucking hind teet in less than a week.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2006, 07:48 PM
I just have to laugh. Jauron and his staff go from "turning it all around" to sucking hind teet in less than a week.
I may have been over reacting but being there seeing the complete confusion on the sideline right before 4th down was maddening. Lindell and the kicking team were running onto the field and JP was running off then all the sudden JP puts his arms up in the air like WHAT WE ARE GOING FOR IT. They seemed to not even have a play ready. Leading up to that we didn't try to take any time off the clock by running the ball either.

Vince Young is the real deal by the way... WOW what a player.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2006, 07:49 PM
You were there...

Tell me what defenses the Titans were playing on those three downs and I'll explain.
There is no proper explanation for the plays that were called and the hurry up offense we were in.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 07:50 PM

Good post, I know most of us are calling for his head. But the truth is that we have been on the coaching carousel wayy too many times and need to try sticking with one guy. I am just pissed off with the whole entire game and hated leaving the stadium as sick and disgusted as I was. The worst part is that if Miami wins, which is very possible, the Bills would have controlled their own ****ing destiny and could have gotten in the playoffs with a win against Baltimore next week. :ill: :mad:

Michael82
12-24-2006, 07:51 PM
I may have been over reacting but being there seeing the complete confusion on the sideline right before 4th down was maddening. Lindell and the kicking team were running onto the field and JP was running off then all the sudden JP puts his arms up in the air like WHAT WE ARE GOING FOR IT. They seemed to not even have a play ready. Leading up to that we didn't try to take any time off the clock by running the ball either.

Good post, Thurm! BTW, if was nice sitting next to you this week. Thanks for the beer. :hi5:

:up:

YardRat
12-24-2006, 07:52 PM
We controlled our own destiny right from the start, Mikey...this loss isn't any different than NE, NY, Detroit, Indy....

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Good post, I know most of us are calling for his head. But the truth is that we have been on the coaching carousel wayy too many times and need to try sticking with one guy. I am just pissed off with the whole entire game and hated leaving the stadium as sick and disgusted as I was. The worst part is that if Miami wins, which is very possible, the Bills would have controlled their own ****ing destiny and could have gotten in the playoffs with a win against Baltimore next week. :ill: :mad:
Yeah it was a good day. Until the end!!! :ill:

honey
12-24-2006, 08:21 PM
What the **** do PAT's have to do with a 45 yard field goal???

Nothing PAT's are 20 yards. 45 is much greater that 20.

Why have you been so mean to me lately? I didn't even mention the Pats. :idunno:

Merry Christmas.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I don't know honey, I guess I am just miserable. I just got home from the game

Sorry 'bout that.

(PAT's = Points after touchdowns)

honey
12-24-2006, 08:30 PM
I don't know honey, I guess I am just miserable. I just got home from the game

Sorry 'bout that.

(PAT's = Points after touchdowns)

I understand about being upset about the game, but please don't take it out on me. You've been on my ass a lot lately. I don't like it. :(

Nighthawk
12-24-2006, 08:32 PM
I understand about being upset about the game, but please don't take it out on me. You've been on my ass a lot lately. I don't like it. :(

Umm, nah...not even going to touch that one! :scratch:

honey
12-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Umm, nah...not even going to touch that one! :scratch:

Good choice. :rofl:

Forward_Lateral
12-24-2006, 08:42 PM

Well, they were going to kick the FG, until Lindell said, at the last possible moment apparantley, that he didn't feel like he could make it. So, that's Jaurons fault, and he needs to be fired. Right.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Like I said, I am sorry.

SABURZFAN
12-24-2006, 08:47 PM
yeah......quit bullying people,Lecter. :mad:

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2006, 08:49 PM
I'll go back to bullying the little people like Sab!

honey
12-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Like I said, I am sorry.

I must have missed that one. But it's ok. Merry Christmas. :bighug:

SABURZFAN
12-24-2006, 09:11 PM
I'll go back to bullying the little people like Sab!

:bringit:

cordog
12-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Did someone spike the eggnog around here?? Jesus. I didn't expect to come home to this. I figured some people would be pissed off but to want to fire Jauron?? Wow. But since we are gonna let heads roll. I say the first to go is mother nature. She has been messing with us all year.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Did someone spike the eggnog around here?? Jesus. I didn't expect to come home to this. I figured some people would be pissed off but to want to fire Jauron?? Wow. But since we are gonna let heads roll. I say the first to go is mother nature. She has been messing with us all year.

This is exactly what I expected.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 10:00 PM
This is exactly what I expected.
I thought it would be worse.

HHURRICANE
12-24-2006, 11:54 PM

What a homo!!

PECKERWOOD
12-25-2006, 12:28 AM
How many FG's did Lindell kick with no problem before that drive? I'm sorry, Dick's excuse isn't valid. If what YR said is true however, Lindell oughta be fired, he is here for a reason; you don't get paid to not do your job.

YardRat
12-25-2006, 06:57 AM
If it was fourth and five with almost a minute left and the FG attempt were a 70-yarder with no wind, should Lindell be fired for saying no to that also?

cordog
12-25-2006, 07:15 AM
How many FG's did Lindell kick with no problem before that drive? I'm sorry, Dick's excuse isn't valid. If what YR said is true however, Lindell oughta be fired, he is here for a reason; you don't get paid to not do your job.

How many of those FGs were kicked in that wind???

1 , a 25 yarder at the end of the half.

I think Lindell did his job today. He was 5 for 5. He knew better than anyone else what his range was in the wind, he was the going through the pre game kicks. I would rather see them go for it then go for a miracle FG.

Philagape
12-25-2006, 08:09 AM
FG or no FG, I think we should have kept the ball on the ground on the final drive. McGahee was doing OK, it would have burned the clock and made them use their TOs, and we could have gotten closer. We had plenty of time and needed only 10 more yards or so.

Also, doesn't Fairchild call the plays?

Dozerdog
12-25-2006, 08:42 AM

Stop this bull**** attempting to make the staff look clueless when they KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THE SITUATION WAS.I think the posters are clueless

Dr. Lecter
12-25-2006, 09:48 AM

What did you think of the wind? I thought it was kinda strong, imo. Bironas had kicked a 42 yard FG in the direction that JUST made it. And he has a monster leg.

ublinkwescore
12-25-2006, 10:52 AM
FG or no FG, I think we should have kept the ball on the ground on the final drive. McGahee was doing OK, it would have burned the clock and made them use their TOs, and we could have gotten closer. We had plenty of time and needed only 10 more yards or so.

Also, doesn't Fairchild call the plays?

See the game thread - I've been calling for us to run the freakin' ball all day.

I don't know what the hell Jauron was thinking - maybe he was trying to put too much on Losman's shoulders and got away from trying to be balanced - which is no excuse - McGahee was for the most part effective in getting us into 3rd and shorts all day (3rd and 2 was a very common down that I had seen all day - for both teams unfortunately).

Michael82
12-25-2006, 11:24 AM
See the game thread - I've been calling for us to run the freakin' ball all day.

I don't know what the hell Jauron was thinking - maybe he was trying to put too much on Losman's shoulders and got away from trying to be balanced - which is no excuse - McGahee was for the most part effective in getting us into 3rd and shorts all day (3rd and 2 was a very common down that I had seen all day - for both teams unfortunately).
The Titans have a worse run defense than Buffalo and when we actually ran the ball, we had good success. We should have been running the ball at least 35-40 times in the game. Willis should have been used for most of that final drive. :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
12-25-2006, 11:32 AM
It isnt' even the fact that he didn't try to kick the field goal. I get that it was a tough one into the wind. I just hated the complete confusion on the sidelines. Very poorly coached final 2 drives all the way around. No sense of confidence what so ever. I just really ruined what was turning out to be a decent season as I now have no confidence that Jauron can lead this team in an important game.

Michael82
12-25-2006, 11:39 AM
It isnt' even the fact that he didn't try to kick the field goal. I get that it was a tough one into the wind. I just hated the complete confusion on the sidelines. Very poorly coached final 2 drives all the way around. No sense of confidence what so ever. I just really ruined what was turning out to be a decent season as I now have no confidence that Jauron can lead this team in an important game.
That's what pissed me off the most. The confusion. First they trot Lindell out there, then they put JP out there and then they seemed to just go for it because the clock was running out.

THATHURMANATOR
12-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Exactly Mikey... If Jauron knew exactly what he was doing it sure didnt look like he clued anyone else on the team in on what it was going to be. Hey I am just an idiot in the stands but it looked real bad to me....

Buckets
12-25-2006, 12:02 PM
And the Tampa 2 blows.

Agree

Historian
12-25-2006, 12:49 PM
The wind yesterday was brutal.

It was howling so hard that I could hardly hear my walkman while jogging.

And the wind wasn't blowing west to east like it usually is.

It was blowing north to south, which literally creates a vortex over the stadium.

THATHURMANATOR
12-25-2006, 05:57 PM
The wind yesterday was brutal.

It was howling so hard that I could hardly hear my walkman while jogging.

And the wind wasn't blowing west to east like it usually is.

It was blowing north to south, which literally creates a vortex over the stadium.
Fine I can live with not kicking then, just didn't like how it went down. I am over it already. I hope Jauron learns from this and is better organized for the next time this happens.

alohabillsfan
12-25-2006, 07:10 PM
I am totally not one of those idiots that throws crap like this out there every time there is a questionable call but to not kick a field goal in that situation is inexcusable. I was there the wind was not that bad. Secondly why were they running a no huddle offense??? Absolute incompetence..... The drive before when they were in shotgun on 3rd and 1 was horrendous as well(I realize that probably falls more on Fairchild but come on!!!!)

Lets all be happy for this "you are not the owner or GM"!!

Earthquake Enyart
12-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Fine I can live with not kicking then, just didn't like how it went down. I am over it already. I hope Jauron learns from this and is better organized for the next time this happens.
I agree with not going for the field goal.

The problem is that the three plays before hand, whoever was calling the plays was going for the field goal. The playcalling , especially with the running play, was what I didn't get.

Fairchild was playing for the FG that Jauron had no intention of trying.

SABURZFAN
12-25-2006, 07:23 PM

that's why i was bewildered by the whole situation.aren't these guys keeping in close contact in EVERY situation?communication breakdown was what happened here.

THATHURMANATOR
12-25-2006, 09:39 PM
I agree with not going for the field goal.

The problem is that the three plays before hand, whoever was calling the plays was going for the field goal. The playcalling , especially with the running play, was what I didn't get.

Yes they need to be communicating...

THATHURMANATOR
12-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Lets all be happy for this "you are not the owner or GM"!!
Why? I would keep the team here for sure if I were the owner... I am probably the most optomistic guy on this board. I didn't like the way the end of the game was handled and I am voicing my opinion. Not sure why some here are trying to stick up for Jauron. He handled it poorly and should be called out on it. I realize I overreacted to asking for his immediate firing, I was livid, and it was soon after the game. Again I hope he learns from this and is a better coach because of it.

BillsFever21
12-25-2006, 10:22 PM

Because when you have a dud you don't stick with it. Is the goal only to MAYBE sneak into the playoffs every once in a while or is the goal to try and win the SB?

Has a lot of Jauron's stupid decisions give you the belief that he could take us past the 1st round if the playoffs at best let alone a SB victory?

He has screwed up way too many times this year. He has been a HC for 6.5 seasons now and a coach in the NFL for over 20 years. He shouldn't have to "learn" from stupid mistakes time and time again. He's not a 32 year old HC like Eric Mangini of the Jets. Wait, that's right, he already getting more out of his team with far less talent then Jauron got out of us.

Jauron is always behind the 8-Ball. A great coach thinks ahead of knows from the start where they need to get the ball to attempt a FG try. They don't wait for 4th down and then decide that the attempt is too far. They should've been talking with Lindell or knew themselves from the start of the drive how far they needed to get. There is no excuse for 4th down coming up and then trying to figure out what to do.

Had they been smart enough to find out from the start they could've planned around the position they needed with their playcalling.

When it was 2nd and 5 if they would've know they needed to get 10-15 yards closer then they had time to try and get the first down(only 5 yards) by sneaking in a run or bootleg and then have time for a couple shots at getting closer.

A good coach would've been on top of this. A bad coach like Jauron wasn't. Do you think Bill Belichek(The guy so many of you like to compare him to) would've been in this situation of 4th down? Not a chance.

From calling a timeout and then challenging a play which also cost us another timeout, from his time in Chicago and Detroit, to this play and all the other junk inbetween, Jauron has had plenty of time to prove he just doesn't cut it in the NFL.

If you have a dud then you try and fix it. You don't just stick with it for the sake of not starting over. You don't stick with somebody who has made the mistakes Jauron has and who has proved he will never get you to a deep playoff run or a SB.

Two years ago Mike Mularkey ruined our chances when he couldn't coach his team to victory against a bunch of 3rd stringers against Pittsburgh. Some of us knew he wasn't ever gonna get us anywhere. Some said we need to stick with him because of how he turned our team around. We saw how that turned out. This is the same situation with the same lame coach.

How many times throughout the year did Jauron make a great decision that left you in awe and drooling over how great of a coach we had? How many times did he make awful decisions that left you shaking your head? That is the only question you need to ask yourself. The bad thing is there's no way Wilson will eat all them years of salary and there is no way Marv will fire him.

With Jauron in Buffalo we are doomed for many years of a mediocre team who will just miss the playoffs or if they are lucky will make the first round and lose. We will never be any better then that. Some people's expectations are very low and are satisfied with a HC that is only good enough to get us to 7-9 win a year at best. Maybe 10 in a great year and 6 in a bad year.

If you are happy with that then you stick with Jauron. If your goal is to win the SB then you try and find the coach that can take you there. Jauron isn't the one. He's made too many mistakes this year for somebody who has been a HC for 6.5 years.

A good HC doesn't wait to 4th down to try and find out how far of a FG his kicker can make. He knows at the start of the drive and plans around it then. There is no excuse for that.

Also, if it was so hard to kick in the wind wouldn't it mean that it would also be had to pass in the wind too? If that's the case then why did we pass on 2nd, 3rd and 4th down. We had time to pick up the first down and have another play or two to try and get a little closer. Instead of 3rd AND 4th down we run a couple plays with no short outlet passes to pick up the 1st down and give the WR a chance to run after the catch and pick up some yards. Fourth down and you have people standing in the EZ trying to complete the pass in the wind. That's just crazy.

BillsFever21
12-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Why? I would keep the team here for sure if I were the owner... I am probably the most optomistic guy on this board. I didn't like the way the end of the game was handled and I am voicing my opinion. Not sure why some here are trying to stick up for Jauron. He handled it poorly and should be called out on it. I realize I overreacted to asking for his immediate firing, I was livid, and it was soon after the game. Again I hope he learns from this and is a better coach because of it.

Jauron isn't a 1st year HC who has been in the league for 5 or 6 years. He's been in the league for over 20 years and has been a HC for 6.5 of them.

He's not gonna get any better then he is now. If he's still making them mistakes after this long then he hasn't learned over all these years. Somebody with that experience doesn't make these mistakes. A rookie HC shouldn't make them mistakes. What happened yesterday should be common sense for a HC. It was common sense for most people sitting at home or in the stands watching the game.

What you see right now is what you get with Jauron. He's never gonna be any better. I'm sure the team lost a lot of confidence and respect for him after yesterday's game. If a team loses confidence in their coach then they are doomed. Look at the Giants.

PECKERWOOD
12-26-2006, 12:04 AM
How many of those FGs were kicked in that wind???

1 , a 25 yarder at the end of the half.

I think Lindell did his job today. He was 5 for 5. He knew better than anyone else what his range was in the wind, he was the going through the pre game kicks. I would rather see them go for it then go for a miracle FG.

What did you think of the wind? I thought it was kinda strong, imo. Bironas had kicked a 42 yard FG in the direction that JUST made it. And he has a monster leg.

I understand both of your view points and yes the wind was strong. However, if Lindell cannot kick a field goal in dire conditions then I don't want him here at all, especially because of RWS conditions at times. It's not like we were talking a 50 yard FG here, wasn't it around 35-40 yards? It isn't asking too much of your kicker to go out and nail that for you.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2006, 12:07 AM
No, it was 45 yards (the line of scrimmage was the 28 + ten + 7 = 45)

Bironas, who has one of the stronger legs in the NFL (hit a 60 yarder this year) barely made a 42 yard FG in the same direction earlier in the game.

PECKERWOOD
12-26-2006, 12:14 AM

Bironas, who has one of the stronger legs in the NFL (hit a 60 yarder this year) barely made a 42 yard FG in the same direction earlier in the game.

Ok, even a 45 yard FG, that isn't too much to ask for. We obviously need a kicker with a stronger leg because this situation will definately present itself again in Buffalo. Just the fact that he told the coaches that he couldn't make the kick is disturbing.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2006, 07:41 AM
He's not gonna get any better then he is now. If he's still making them mistakes after this long then he hasn't learned over all these years. .
You have no proof of this.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2006, 07:42 AM

Lindell also has a strong leg though.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Ok, even a 45 yard FG, that isn't too much to ask for. We obviously need a kicker with a stronger leg because this situation will definately present itself again in Buffalo. Just the fact that he told the coaches that he couldn't make the kick is disturbing.

Did you even read the second part of the post?

Bironas has one of the stongest legs in the NFL. And he barely made a 42 yard kick. One that likely would not have been good from 45.

Lindell has a strong leg (he made a number of 50 + kicks the past two years).

Name the kickers with stornger legs in the NFL. There are not many.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Did you even read the second part of the post?

Bironas has one of the stongest legs in the NFL. And he barely made a 42 yard kick. One that likely would not have been good from 45.

Lindell has a strong leg (he made a number of 50 + kicks the past two years).

Name the kickers with stornger legs in the NFL. There are not many.
Exactly the point. Lindell has the leg to at least try the kick, although with our mismanagement of the clock the Titans would have had a lot of time to march right back down.

alohabillsfan
12-26-2006, 11:18 AM

You nailed it, you cannot overreact. Let's look at the big picture the team is better than it was last year, the last draft was very very good, and I really dont believe we need a block buter FA and awesome draft to pin my hopes on next season. Look at what this staff did (in FA and draft) without the benefit of seeing the players play. I do look forward to a solid off season and run at the AFCE title!

P.S. Look at the development of our QB!

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2006, 02:33 PM

Just got back to my place today and just logged in, hence my delay.

That said, just like the old children's poem.

SEE DICK. SEE DICK SUCK. SEE SIG.