PDA

View Full Version : That Last PLay of the Game

PhinsFan66
12-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Why didn't the Bills try a field goal on the last play of the game? I was watching the game at a sportsbar and wondering if maybe your kicker was hurt? Didn't make much sense to me. :candle:

Ingtar33
12-24-2006, 05:02 PM
25 mph wind in the kickers face. he told the coach he couldn't reach it form there.

LtFinFan66
12-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Supposedly Jauron talked to Lindell and he wasn't too secure with his odds of making it in that wind :idunno:

PhinsFan66
12-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks....I couldn't tell if it he was out of FG range or not, and no sound in the sportsbar. It was one one the better games offensively that I have seen this year. You guys should be ok for next year....just need a few key pieces.

Ingtar33
12-24-2006, 05:11 PM
yeah... people are going nuts today... but that's mostly the booze and disappointment.

The crime wasn't the fact they went for it, it was the fact the offense + offensive coordinator had no clue they were out of field goal range, and the play calling was designed around running down the clock not moving the sticks.

The guys even trotted off the field after 3rd down thinking the special teams was going in, only to be turned back to go for it on 4th.

of course the real kicker was the play on 4th was a bomb, no one was running a short pattern. just a giant screwup by the coaching staff.

DynaPaul
12-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah, that last play was stupid. There was no need to go for it all there. We shoulda tried for a short pass up the middle to bring us closer to field goal range. Also, it didn't help that as soon as the ball was hiked JP had to run for his life and try to get some kind of pass off.

ICE74129
12-24-2006, 05:15 PM
yeah... people are going nuts today... but that's mostly the booze and disappointment.

The crime wasn't the fact they went for it, it was the fact the offense + offensive coordinator had no clue they were out of field goal range, and the play calling was designed around running down the clock not moving the sticks.

The guys even trotted off the field after 3rd down thinking the special teams was going in, only to be turned back to go for it on 4th.

of course the real kicker was the play on 4th was a bomb, no one was running a short pattern. just a giant screwup by the coaching staff.

No the problem is allowing 200+ rushing yards today

don137
12-24-2006, 05:20 PM

I agree...The coaches should of asked Lindell what would be a good distant he was comfortable eith attempting a FG before the drive started and that should of been communicated to the OC and Losman...