PDA

View Full Version : The real fault lies on...

madness
12-24-2006, 05:25 PM
...the whole team! They were out played, plain and simple.

They lost the turnover battle, time of possession, were 2 of 10 on third downs, and most importantly, lacked the discipline and desire to win this game. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was a young team on the rise. Oh wait, everyone must have forgot because it is!

First we'll start with the last play of the game.

On the last play it seemed like the offense was hurried on the fourth down play. JP didn't get under center until there were five seconds on the play clock. Head coach Dick Jauron said he knew it was out of Lindell's range kicking into the wind at that end, but he wanted to check with him.
Lindell said it would've been a tough kick. Bironas barely made the kick when the line of scrimmage was the 24 in the first half. And he has a stronger leg than Lindell. I don't think a 42-yard field goal had a chance with that wind off of Lindell's leg.

Lindell obviously didn't give Jauron any sign that he could definitely make the kick and Bironas with the stronger leg barely put through a 42 yarder going into the same wind.

Terrible time management by Jauron you say? My mind's a little hazy but I'm pretty sure JP had to call the first one of the second half to avoid a delay of game. Not Jauron's fault. We wouldn't even be questioning the last two timeouts if the defense could have pulled together a stop. The defense was so bad today mostly due poor tackling and execution. I'm sure Young had to factor into this a little because it looked like the D was overpersuing and abandoning their gaps on most plays. The defense just didn't show up today and that was already evident in the first half.

The truth of the matter is, the two costly mistakes at the end of the half and a handful of penalties on both sides of the ball by the Titans kept us in this game.

Obviously Robert Royal's lack of concentration cost us a touchdown and there is no excuse for that. It could also be argued that JP missed some throws that should have been made, even with the pressure in his face. Once again, you have to factor in the inexperience of this team.

I think everyone has their panties in a bunch since we were so close to the playoffs and everyone one knows how long it's been. Honestly, though, it was too early anyway since I don't think we could have consistently keep up the level required to advance against real playoff teams.

Jauron has been credited by everyone within the organization from top to bottom for keeping this team focused through the bye and nobody can take that away from him. We should expect to see even more improvement next year before we even question his ability to coach this team. Another year of the offense and defense playbook under this teams belt and more key acquisitions should get this team into the playoffs definitely next year. Let's not forget that Fairchild hasn't even completely opened up the offensive playbook yet.

I can honestly say I'm at peace with the progress of this team this year and can only hope we put up a good game against Baltimore next week so some of you can feel the same way. :gobills:

ICE74129
12-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh bull ****. LOSERS are happy and 'at peace' with today. This defense sucks ass. this OL sucks ass. The coaching sucks ass and its because Ralph wont spend the cash and marv is WAY off base on how to build a defense.

37-39 mill in cap room this offseason, clear cut needs. Will ralph spend the money? Will marv do the right thing and cut loose TKO And get us two OLB's? what about a BIG DT and getting away from this light DT bull ****?

I will save you the suspense NO its not going to happen

njsue
12-24-2006, 05:32 PM
This Bills team played there hardest. However, it is sooooooooo obvious that the Defense needs help to plug up the middle. If the bills made it to the playoffs they would not have made to far, unfortunatly.

Next season will be much better than this one. The Rookies will have the experience under their belt.

Next season the bills will have clinched a playoff berth by this point in the season.

No were to go but up.

:gobills:

OpIv37
12-24-2006, 05:40 PM
...the whole team! They were out played, plain and simple.

They lost the turnover battle, time of possession, were 2 of 10 on third downs, and most importantly, lacked the discipline and desire to win this game. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was a young team on the rise. Oh wait, everyone must have forgot because it is!

First we'll start with the last play of the game.

Lindell obviously didn't give Jauron any sign that he could definitely make the kick and Bironas with the stronger leg barely put through a 42 yarder going into the same wind.

Terrible time management by Jauron you say? My mind's a little hazy but I'm pretty sure JP had to call the first one of the second half to avoid a delay of game. Not Jauron's fault. We wouldn't even be questioning the last two timeouts if the defense could have pulled together a stop. The defense was so bad today mostly due poor tackling and execution. I'm sure Young had to factor into this a little because it looked like the D was overpersuing and abandoning their gaps on most plays. The defense just didn't show up today and that was already evident in the first half.

The truth of the matter is, the two costly mistakes at the end of the half and a handful of penalties on both sides of the ball by the Titans kept us in this game.

Obviously Robert Royal's lack of concentration cost us a touchdown and there is no excuse for that. It could also be argued that JP missed some throws that should have been made, even with the pressure in his face. Once again, you have to factor in the inexperience of this team.

I think everyone has their panties in a bunch since we were so close to the playoffs and everyone one knows how long it's been. Honestly, though, it was too early anyway since I don't think we could have consistently keep up the level required to advance against real playoff teams.

Jauron has been credited by everyone within the organization from top to bottom for keeping this team focused through the bye and nobody can take that away from him. We should expect to see even more improvement next year before we even question his ability to coach this team. Another year of the offense and defense playbook under this teams belt and more key acquisitions should get this team into the playoffs definitely next year. Let's not forget that Fairchild hasn't even completely opened up the offensive playbook yet.

I can honestly say I'm at peace with the progress of this team this year and can only hope we put up a good game against Baltimore next week so some of you can feel the same way. :gobills:

If you don't blame Jauron for the clock management, how do you defend using a TO in the first quarter? Or not running at the end of the first half and giving the Titans enough time to come back and score? Or not running at the end of the game- even if we had made the FG or the TD, the Titans would have had 50 seconds and two timeouts left. The clock management by the coaches was TERRIBLE.

Oh, and let's not forget that the offense managed to put up 29 points, which is the 2nd most they've scored all year. The D blew it and the coaches blew it- the whole team does not share in this loss equally. McGahee ran hard, JP played well, Price had some big plays, Evans had the TD and threw the pass to Royal that should have been a TD, Lindell had five FG's- this was not a team loss.

Don't Panic
12-24-2006, 05:42 PM
First post in a long time... we lost today because we didn't realize that 4th and 5 meant we needed 5 yards, not all of it at once. Disect this thing any other way you want, but that is the bottom line.

madness
12-24-2006, 06:01 PM
If you don't blame Jauron for the clock management, how do you defend using a TO in the first quarter? Or not running at the end of the first half and giving the Titans enough time to come back and score? Or not running at the end of the game- even if we had made the FG or the TD, the Titans would have had 50 seconds and two timeouts left. The clock management by the coaches was TERRIBLE.

Oh, and let's not forget that the offense managed to put up 29 points, which is the 2nd most they've scored all year. The D blew it and the coaches blew it- the whole team does not share in this loss equally. McGahee ran hard, JP played well, Price had some big plays, Evans had the TD and threw the pass to Royal that should have been a TD, Lindell had five FG's- this was not a team loss.

Okay then to solve all your complaints, all we have to do is fire Jauron as the offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. That seems easy enough.

Billzz
12-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Madness, thanks for a some what objective opinion on the game and summary I could follow. I tried reading some of the other posts as I missed the game and could not for the life of me figure out what was emotion, what was factual with some of these guys on here.

DraftBoy
12-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Okay then to solve all your complaints, all we have to do is fire Jauron as the offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. That seems easy enough.

By george I think he may have gotten it. Though Id prefer to keep Fewell around. I think his schemes are good, its our players exceution which suck in that regard.

madness
12-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Madness, thanks for a some what objective opinion on the game and summary I could follow. I tried reading some of the other posts as I missed the game and could not for the life of me figure out what was emotion, what was factual with some of these guys on here.

No problem. Bills fans definitely don't lack emotion, sometimes to fault. :up:

HAMMER
12-26-2006, 12:28 PM
You win as a team and you lose as a team, anyone who states otherwise doesn't have a clue about what being a team means.

OpIv37
12-26-2006, 12:34 PM

so, now criticizing a player or coaches' actions means we want them cut/fired?

Personally, I don't think Jauron should have been fired in the first place, but at this point switching coaches would probably do more harm than good. Jauron has done some good things this year, but his in-game decision making is still very questionable.

Why do some of you think Jauron is above criticism? It's homeristic and ridiculous.

madness
12-26-2006, 12:45 PM
so, now criticizing a player or coaches' actions means we want them cut/fired?

Personally, I don't think Jauron should have been fired in the first place, but at this point switching coaches would probably do more harm than good. Jauron has done some good things this year, but his in-game decision making is still very questionable.

Why do some of you think Jauron is above criticism? It's homeristic and ridiculous.

No, I was referring to the whole Jauron/coordinator relationship. We know Jauron has the final say but it seems you put too much blame on him and not enough on the OC and DC. It seems people also forget we have rookie OC and DC.

OpIv37
12-26-2006, 12:51 PM
No, I was referring to the whole Jauron/coordinator relationship. We know Jauron has the final say but it seems you put too much blame on him and not enough on the OC and DC. It seems people also forget we have rookie OC and DC.

but it's also the 15th game of the year, and Fairchild has been an OC before. Clock management concepts don't change with teams.

And it was definitely Jauron's call to go for it on 4th and 5. In fact, going for it may have been the right call- but they should have been prepared to go for it and they weren't. And they called a terrible play. Remember, there were 57 seconds left on the clock- we just needed the 5 yards, then either run out of bounds or spike the ball. All the receivers were in the endzone and they didn't need to be. JP didn't have time to change the play at the line- the whole sequence was a disaster and that comes down to both Jauron and Fairchild.

It's just tough to play 14 games and 59 minutes of the 15th game well enough to be in the playoff hunt, then watch it disappear in 35 seconds of chaotic indecisiveness.

madness
12-26-2006, 12:59 PM
but it's also the 15th game of the year, and Fairchild has been an OC before. Clock management concepts don't change with teams.

And it was definitely Jauron's call to go for it on 4th and 5. In fact, going for it may have been the right call- but they should have been prepared to go for it and they weren't. And they called a terrible play. Remember, there were 57 seconds left on the clock- we just needed the 5 yards, then either run out of bounds or spike the ball. All the receivers were in the endzone and they didn't need to be. JP didn't have time to change the play at the line- the whole sequence was a disaster and that comes down to both Jauron and Fairchild.

It's just tough to play 14 games and 59 minutes of the 15th game well enough to be in the playoff hunt, then watch it disappear in 35 seconds of chaotic indecisiveness.

I'm only calling Fairchild a rookie because this is obviously his first year with his own playbook. Everybody's fretting over one play but it has happened to the best of them. Every coach, every team, no matter how good or bad. Every single person on this earth is subject to "time and unforeseen occurrences". It's not about when it happens because it will. It's about learning from it and making sure you're prepared when the situation surfaces again.