We lost this game and playoff hopes in April.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

We lost this game and playoff hopes in April.

When marv thought a Safety at #8 would be better than a BIG stud DT. BTW the Ravens D is awsome and they have a first round bye. Who did they take again? Hummm.....
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

Re: We lost this game and playoff hopes in April.

The reason they are nasty on defense isn't because of Ngata. Sure, he's helped, but you can't pin the fact that they are going to have a bye on the fact that they took a big DT. Stop making conclusory arguments.

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
      The reason they are nasty on defense isn't because of Ngata. Sure, he's helped, but you can't pin the fact that they are going to have a bye on the fact that they took a big DT. Stop making conclusory arguments.
      Its fact. What were they rated last year compared to this year? Ask ray lewis if I am off base.

Marv ****ed up, plain and simple

Comment

• Dicknoze69
        • Jul 2002

Fact isn't your opinion. You have a tendency to equate your opinion to a "fact." It simply doesn't work that way.

Their defense has been good for a long time, but the fact that Adalius Thomas has blossomed into a Pro Bowler has more to do with their defense being nasty than Ngata does. That's my opinion, so it must be fact.

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

I was a HUGE fan of Ngata prior to the draft, would have loved that pickup.

However I agree with Dicknoze69, the linebacking corps in Baltimore (unlike ours) is just frightening and imo the far bigger difference. Even without Ngata thats still a playoff team.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
            I was a HUGE fan of Ngata prior to the draft, would have loved that pickup.

However I agree with Dicknoze69, the linebacking corps in Baltimore (unlike ours) is just frightening and imo the far bigger difference. Even without Ngata thats still a playoff team.
            It wasn't last year and that was Ray lewis gripe. They get ngata and the D is back. Why? BIG DT's keep guys off of your LB's so they can do their jobs.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Fact isn't your opinion. You have a tendency to equate your opinion to a "fact." It simply doesn't work that way.

Their defense has been good for a long time, but the fact that Adalius Thomas has blossomed into a Pro Bowler has more to do with their defense being nasty than Ngata does. That's my opinion, so it must be fact.
              Its fact when its FACT. FACT they didn't do **** last year. FACT they got a huge DT to keep guards off of those LB's and they have a first round bye.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                • Jul 2002

Haha it's also a fact that they upgraded from Kyle Boller to Steve McNair. That alone puts them into the playoffs. It's also a fact that Thomas has become a monster (you could argue Ngata greatly helps here, but Thomas is most effective in coverage; it's still a chicken-and-egg argument). Samari Rolle has played much better, as has McAlister. The lay Baltimore's success and Buffalo's failure to stop the run on one pick is foolish. There are many more variables than that.

It also helps that Ray Lewis and Ed Reed played a full season this year.

Sorry, apparently I forgot that you decide what is fact and how it applies to the relevant situation.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I'm happy with the Whitner pick...coupled with Simpson we have a real bright future at both safety positions.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

This may be one of the most unintelligent draft criticism threads I have ever read.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• evol4276
                      • Oct 2005

you were waiting all year to say those words, weren't you?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        This may be one of the most unintelligent draft criticism threads I have ever read.

consider the source.........
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

Hey I didn't know if you noticed but back in April this team was rebuilding. We were trying to shore up some important positions back then and that's why we got who we got in the draft. To say that we gave up on the playoffs in April when we really weren't shooting for them then is pretty stupid.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

I just read SABS SPAM now I get to read SPAM from you too. Can I have my 2 mins back please. Jesus stop posting if all you guys are going to do is post SPAM!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

The reason they are nasty on defense isn't because of Ngata. .
                              Good job. Hopefully it'll help ICE learn football.

Tell ICE also that not even BB had this kind of success in his first year. That it takes more than the first year of rebuild to fill up the holes.

He's just a little pissed that his Panthers suck this year and is looking to blame that on MArv as well.

Someday, ICE will really learn how to play football. I won't hold my breath , though.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X