• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Lindell Said 'No', So Quicher *****in about the coaches

Lindell was interviewed after the game and he came right out and said he told the coaches he couldn't make it that far in that wind.

So shut the hell up about the coaches blowing the call on fourth down.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Lindell Said 'No', So Quicher *****in about the coaches

Thanks Yard Rat.

What an ******* move by Lindell. You could've said something BEFORE they were about to try the FG. Idiot.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I dont want Lindell resigned in this case, I dont want players who dont believe in themselves in game type situations.

Also Yardrat it is easy to crucify Jauron for calling a hail mary throw with a minute left, and your QB having an injured elbow.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• honey
        • Aug 2002

I was stunned when they didn't kick the FG. I think that totally sucked. Lost every chance we had of getting in the playoffs. Screw Jauron. Bad, and I mean BAD call.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by honey
          I was stunned when they didn't kick the FG. I think that totally sucked. Lost every chance we had of getting in the playoffs. Screw Jauron. Bad, and I mean BAD call.
          Did you even read the first post honey? If Lindell would've told the staff he thought he could've made it, they would have kicked. They asked him, and he said 'no'.

I give Jauron and co. props, actually, because even though the pre-game markers indicated the kick was out of Lindell's range, he still gave him the opportunity to attempt it. The offer just got turned down.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

They should have been calling plays to get them into the endzone or at least close enough for Lindell to make the FG - instead of worrying about burning time.

MOVE THE DAMN CHAINS!
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

I heard that on the radio too and I couldn't believe it. We don't need someone like that in Buffalo. The kicker should always have confidence in himself and to put Jauron in that position is a pathetic move. You think Vinatieri would tell his coach that? What about Jeff Wilkins? Or how about Steve Christie? BTW, he didn't even tell the coach no. He was pathetic when the coach asked him and he didn't say a word. That's a ******* thing to do.

No wonder he hardly makes clutch kicks.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                They should have been calling plays to get them into the endzone or at least close enough for Lindell to make the FG - instead of worrying about burning time.

MOVE THE DAMN CHAINS!
                Yeah but that means our coaching staff actually needs to know what they are doing. They didn't today. The clock management reminded me of Gregg Williams. The offensive playcalling reminded me of Mike Mularkey and the defensive play reminded me of the defense choking in the Bills/Steelers game that had the same kind of playoff feel.

Comment

• Akhippo
                  • Nov 2002

It doesnt matter. Both probably had the same percentage of success. You have to try it though. The worst is you miss and lose. The upside is a game winning field goal. Like the old saying, you never know till you try.
                  Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Dick Jauron and his staff gets a big fat F today. Rian Lindell was a coward by not having the guts to tell his coach that he can make the field goal. He should have answered with a ****ing resounding yes!

**** THEM ALL!

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Akhippo
                      It doesnt matter. Both probably had the same percentage of success. You have to try it though. The worst is you miss and lose. The upside is a game winning field goal. Like the old saying, you never know till you try.
                      EXACTLY! And Lindell should have had the confidence in himself that he was going to make it. He chickened out and thats a gutless thing to do.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        EXACTLY! And Lindell should have had the confidence in himself that he was going to make it. He chickened out and thats a gutless thing to do.
                        That's bull****. Your posts today need to get a ****ing clue.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by honey
                          That wasn't his worst call in this game - his worst call was passing on third and 1 and then not getting it, and then refusing to go for it again on 4th and 1 - I think those two plays right there are what lost the game for us.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Cntrygal
                            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                            • Jul 2002

I have NO problem with Lindell admitting that he didn't feel confindent about making the goal. BUT....

The coaching staff should've known where his comfort zone was.... and then call plays designed to get there. If THAT had failed - okay... but the playcalling SUCKED. (as well as our Defense sucked)
                            Originally posted by notacon
                            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

I'm also upset that we didn't try to run on more of our 1st downs.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X