PDA

View Full Version : The D is fully to blame

LtBillsFan66
12-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Not Jauron, not Lindell. The D, who has been our strength since the bye, **** the bed.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Not Jauron, not Lindell. The D, who has been our strength since the bye, **** the bed.
Kinda like the Bills/Steelers game when we needed the defense to play hard to help us make the playoffs a few years ago and they **** the bed. :ill:

LtBillsFan66
12-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Did the entire team forget how to tackle. Special teams too.

lordofgun
12-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Agreed, BF1! I think Jauron coached very well for the majority of the year. I don't know WTF happened out there today. I actually think they were way too cautious because they were afraid of Vince Young burning them.

LtBillsFan66
12-24-2006, 10:17 PM
It seemed they all tried to "contain" Young and Pacman. Instead of attacking them. It resulted in guys watching them run by.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 10:43 PM
The Special Teams coverage units had their worst game in a while. :ill:

And the defense couldn't tackle if their lives depended on it. :mad:

Devin
12-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Making Bobby April assistant HC has hurt our ST.

DynaPaul
12-24-2006, 10:48 PM
That play before the half where Young practically jogged by every single defender to the endzone was unforgiveable.

YardRat
12-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Mostly, I'll buy. Fully? I don't think so.

LtBillsFan66
12-24-2006, 10:51 PM
That play before the half where Young practically jogged by every single defender to the endzone was unforgiveable.
Sickening to watch. He didn't make any great moves. Just trotted down the field. The D played a little scared.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Making Bobby April assistant HC has hurt our ST.
He should keep his focus solely on special teams, nothing else. But don't forget that he lost one of his main wedge blockers in Justin Bannan, and also lost Josh Stamer, Angelo Crowell, Ryan Neufeld and currently Daimon Shelton on special teams.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Good point. I wanted to run out there and tackle the ****er myself. That was inexcusable. :mad:

theanswer74
12-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Sickening to watch. He didn't make any great moves. Just trotted down the field. The D played a little scared.

Thats what he does. I think he has had a run like that in almost every game except last week.

The defense was bad, but 1st and 10 on the Titans 33 with 2 minutes left. The coaches really choked here.

Bills made some plays, Titans made plays, both offenses went up and down the field.

When we needed it, we didnt get it done. Defense needed to step up, they didnt, then the offense needed to bail them out, they didnt.

HHURRICANE
12-24-2006, 11:57 PM

Kelsay sucks!! Young is running down the field and Kelsay is actually blocking for him!! Watch the replay it's hilarious. Than really sad.

odin
12-25-2006, 12:26 AM
I thought last years draft was suppose to fix the D... looks like we will have to try again.

PECKERWOOD
12-25-2006, 01:47 AM
Our defense is our achilles heel, imo. They don't show up when we really need it the most. Also, I'm very disappointed in Robert Royal right now, the passes that he has been dropping are completely unacceptable.

hammerbillsfan
12-25-2006, 01:47 AM
Kinda like the Bills/Steelers game when we needed the defense to play hard to help us make the playoffs a few years ago and they **** the bed. :ill:

Bledsoe sucked a fat bag in that one too.

mchurchfie
12-25-2006, 02:27 AM
This defense has some serious flaws...especially in the tackling department. That was downright embarrassing.:down::mad: We were dropping everyone back and rushing 3 and 4 DL. Yet we were still giving up LOOOOOOOOONG completions of 30 yards plus, some of them TD passes...from a rookie QB no less. If you are going to be that ineffective why not have some balls and blitz a LOT more and at least put a little pressure on their offense.:mad: That was ****ing pathetic!:mad:
:monkeyp:Fewell

njsue
12-25-2006, 06:25 AM
Pat Williams should have never been let go... The bills need lean beef to plug up the middle.

Next season we bills fans won't be bickering. We will be buying Bills playoff tickets.

YardRat
12-25-2006, 06:28 AM
Our defense is our achilles heel, imo. They don't show up when we really need it the most. Also, I'm very disappointed in Robert Royal right now, the passes that he has been dropping are completely unacceptable.

I disagree...the defense 'showed up' plenty of times this year...most notably both games against Miami and the Houston game.

Every year there are going to be games where one side of the ball has to bail out the team because the other side performs poorly...the defense was able to do that at that times when the offense was pathetic. Conversely...every game the defense was pathetic and the team needed the offense to step up and outscore the opponent in a shoot-out, it didn't happen.

The defense certainly needs to improve, greatly in some area's, but the offense is still the achilles heel of this team, IMO.

As for Royal...he is inconsistent at best, and the bad has outweighed the good for the most part.

ublinkwescore
12-25-2006, 10:59 AM
we need two big DTs and two stud guards who can run block and aren't a liability in pass protection.

ublinkwescore
12-25-2006, 11:00 AM
A linebacker and an additional recieving threat - either at TE or WR would help immensely too.

PECKERWOOD
12-25-2006, 11:56 PM
I disagree...the defense 'showed up' plenty of times this year...most notably both games against Miami and the Houston game.

Every year there are going to be games where one side of the ball has to bail out the team because the other side performs poorly...the defense was able to do that at that times when the offense was pathetic. Conversely...every game the defense was pathetic and the team needed the offense to step up and outscore the opponent in a shoot-out, it didn't happen.

The defense certainly needs to improve, greatly in some area's, but the offense is still the achilles heel of this team, IMO.

As for Royal...he is inconsistent at best, and the bad has outweighed the good for the most part.

We agree about Royal. However, our defense has failed to show up at a couple crucial times off the top of my head that I can think of:

1.) Stopping Jacksonville and David Gerrard.. ( Luckily JP bailed us out.. )
2.) Stopping Indy when we needed it the most..
3.) Stopping Tennessee.
4.) Stopping Detroit. ( That was embarrassing.. )
5.) Stopping San Diego.

By no means am I saying our defense is horrible, but so far they haven't come through in the clutch. Our run defense is however, flat out horrible and it needs to be fixed.. The pass defense is pretty good, but it could use some more work as well.

Michael82
12-26-2006, 02:48 AM
Kelsay sucks!! Young is running down the field and Kelsay is actually blocking for him!! Watch the replay it's hilarious. Than really sad.
Oh man, I didn't know what the hell you were talking about, but I saw NFL Primetime tonight and saw it. It looked exactly like Kelsay was trying to block for Vince Young. It was both sad and hilarious at the same time. :ill:

Michael82
12-26-2006, 02:50 AM
We agree about Royal. However, our defense has failed to show up at a couple crucial times off the top of my head that I can think of:

1.) Stopping Jacksonville and David Gerrard.. ( Luckily JP bailed us out.. )
2.) Stopping Indy when we needed it the most..
3.) Stopping Tennessee.
4.) Stopping Detroit. ( That was embarrassing.. )
5.) Stopping San Diego.

By no means am I saying our defense is horrible, but so far they haven't come through in the clutch. Our run defense is however, flat out horrible and it needs to be fixed.. The pass defense is pretty good, but it could use some more work as well.
Stopping Houston...didn't JP need to come back in that game? Plus don't forget the consecutive completions that they allowed David Carr and the amount of yards that those scrub backs ran on us. :ill:

Ebenezer
12-26-2006, 03:03 AM
The defense has been vulnerable to the run all year...it was only a matter of time. If Tenn had kept running the ball all day they could have gained 300 on the ground - don't forget they had a 60 yarder called back.