PDA

View Full Version : Please resign Clements

LtBillsFan66
12-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Maybe McGee is having a slump year he'll bounce back from... I will not be confident with McGee and Youboty back there.

lordofgun
12-24-2006, 10:16 PM
I agree. And if the agreement to not franchise him isn't in writing, franchise him!

sba
12-24-2006, 10:18 PM
100% agree. He's been great this year, and for 90% of his time here. Letting him go is a giant step backwards.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Agreed. Youboty starting actually scares me. I don't know how he can't crack this lineup yet. :ill:

LtBillsFan66
12-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Agreed. Youboty starting actually scares me. I don't know how he can't crack this lineup yet. :ill:
McGee being the #1 guy scares me more.

Devin
12-24-2006, 10:47 PM
What? McGee got his extension and cant return kicks or cover wr's? im shocked.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 10:55 PM
What? McGee got his extension and cant return kicks or cover wr's? im shocked.
His returning is still good, but he can't find the end zone. I think it's mainly because he lost his lead wedge blocker in Justin Bannan and Josh Stamer is out too.

Devin
12-24-2006, 11:03 PM
His returning is still good, but he can't find the end zone. I think it's mainly because he lost his lead wedge blocker in Justin Bannan and Josh Stamer is out too.

I see.

gr8slayer
12-24-2006, 11:08 PM
If we dont re-sign Clements this will be the biggest mistake we have made in A LONG FREAKING TIME.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 11:10 PM
If we dont re-sign Clements this will be the biggest mistake we have made in A LONG FREAKING TIME.
yes it will. :ill:

gr8slayer
12-24-2006, 11:15 PM
I simply dont trust McGee in coverage anymore. He's still a hell of a returner but I dont trust him at all as a number one.

dolphan117
12-24-2006, 11:17 PM
IMO whether or not you guys resign him says a lot about Ralph and what kind of owner he will be in the future.

If he lets Clements walk without making a serious (and I do mean serious) run at resigning him then it means that you guys are going to need a new owner before you have a realistic chance of competing year in and year out for the AFC East with the other teams that are all willing to go to the cap limit. You may have a good year now and then but I just don't see anyone catching NE for the division unless they are willing to pay top shelf talent. They are just too good and too well coached to beat with "average" talent that you just try and coach up.

On the other hand if he steps up and dishes out the dough.......... I might have to admit that he isn't too cheap after all. Time will tell.

gr8slayer
12-24-2006, 11:20 PM
IMO whether or not you guys resign him says a lot about Ralph and what kind of owner he will be in the future.

If he lets Clements walk without making a serious (and I do mean serious) run at resigning him then it means that you guys are going to need a new owner before you have a realistic chance of competing year in and year out for the AFC East with the other teams that are all willing to go to the cap limit. You may have a good year now and then but I just don't see anyone catching NE for the division unless they are willing to pay top shelf talent. They are just too good and too well coached to beat with "average" talent that you just try and coach up.

On the other hand if he steps up and dishes out the dough.......... I might have to admit that he isn't too cheap after all. Time will tell.
All I want is to see Ralph make a real attempt. I need him to do something that renews my faith in him because honestly, I have no faith in Ralph right now after so many losing seasons.

njsue
12-24-2006, 11:32 PM
100% agree. He's been great this year, and for 90% of his time here. Letting him go is a giant step backwards.

Nate is a big play maker. Marv and company will get this deal done.

eyedog
12-25-2006, 09:48 AM
If you were at the game yesterday then you know damn well that they had better sign Nate because McGee got abused again. Who the F is Brandon Jones ?

Dozerdog
12-25-2006, 10:16 AM
I would make a concerted effort to resign Clements at market prices- but if we franchise him again it would be at 120% of what we franchised him for this year- which is too much.

The_Philster
12-25-2006, 10:39 AM
All I want is to see Ralph make a real attempt. I need him to do something that renews my faith in him because honestly, I have no faith in Ralph right now after so many losing seasons.
why is Ralph's name being brought up in regards to player moves? He isn't Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder...Marv and Modrak run the player personnel

Billsrock4life
12-25-2006, 11:50 AM
he should be resigned....along with fletcher if possible

justasportsfan
12-25-2006, 12:00 PM
If he wants bailey money, let him go. He isn't gonna be able to stop the run anways or block for JP.