PDA

View Full Version : What did our Pro Bowl DE do today?

LtBillsFan66
12-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Not much since there was no garbage time.

LtFinFan66
12-24-2006, 10:32 PM
4 tackles and a sack :idunno:

Devin
12-24-2006, 10:33 PM
well he did have a crucial sack on 3rd down deep in titans territory.

He just also happen to have a 15 yard face mask with it.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2006, 10:34 PM
And on the play he got the sack, he facemasked a player for no freakin' reason.

Damn 'tard.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Like Devin said.

LtBillsFan66
12-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Did he get a sack, or Denny?

LtFinFan66
12-24-2006, 10:36 PM
he did...

LtBillsFan66
12-24-2006, 10:39 PM
he did...
When? I really don't remember. I do remember Denny getting one though.

LtFinFan66
12-24-2006, 10:40 PM
when he got the 15 yard facemask taking Young down

LtBillsFan66
12-24-2006, 10:42 PM
when he got the 15 yard facemask taking Young down
Oh, big ****. You can count that as a non-sack as it gave them a 1st down. Besides that (which would have been a great play), he was nowhere to be found.

Michael82
12-24-2006, 10:49 PM
He was letting Travis Henry run right by him every single ****ing down. :mad:

mchurchfie
12-25-2006, 02:31 AM
Not much since there was no garbage time.He damn sure didn't do anything to help stop the run.:ill:

jamze132
12-25-2006, 07:27 AM
I love how we are attacking Schobel sinc e he didn't get 6 sacks. Let's be real. He isn't going to be "player of the game" every week. The DEs had their hands full trying to play contain to keep Vince in the pocket. Which in turn allowed huge holes for Henry. Pick your poison. Vince is a hell of an offensive weapon who you have to gameplan for, and when you do, Henry can eat you alive, we all know this. Schobel didn'y lsoe this game. Blame it on having no DTs to stop the run.

LtBillsFan66
12-25-2006, 08:15 AM
I love how we are attacking Schobel sinc e he didn't get 6 sacks. Let's be real. He isn't going to be "player of the game" every week. The DEs had their hands full trying to play contain to keep Vince in the pocket. Which in turn allowed huge holes for Henry. Pick your poison. Vince is a hell of an offensive weapon who you have to gameplan for, and when you do, Henry can eat you alive, we all know this. Schobel didn'y lsoe this game. Blame it on having no DTs to stop the run.
I've been calling him overrated for years. He NEVER comes up big in big situations. His sacks by and large are in garbage time.

chernobylwraiths
12-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Guys who get that many sacks every year will always demand more attention. For years, Bruce took himself out of plays regularly and they ran to his side. I think Schobel is just getting better.

The_Philster
12-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Guys who get that many sacks every year will always demand more attention. For years, Bruce took himself out of plays regularly and they ran to his side. I think Schobel is just getting better.
in all honesty, they ran to Bruce's side hoping to throw him off...make him turn too quickly...running away from him didn't work...he just made the pursuit look too easy

chernobylwraiths
12-25-2006, 10:51 AM
in all honesty, they ran to Bruce's side hoping to throw him off...make him turn too quickly...running away from him didn't work...he just made the pursuit look too easy

No, early in his career he did exactly what Dwight Freeney does right now. He ran up the field after the QB comletely taking himself out of the play and they ran into the spot he vacated. They also used to run at him because he was smaller. Anyways, he learned after a few years like I think Schobel is starting to learn.

DraftBoy
12-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Aaron Schoebel is extremely overrated. He is absolutely horrible against the run, and alot of his sacks do come after the result of the game is in hand.

Id gladly trade him for somebody who can stop the run game, over a sack machine.

The_Philster
12-25-2006, 11:10 AM
No, early in his career he did exactly what Dwight Freeney does right now. He ran up the field after the QB comletely taking himself out of the play and they ran into the spot he vacated. They also used to run at him because he was smaller. Anyways, he learned after a few years like I think Schobel is starting to learn.
early in his career, yes....I was talking about in his prime...when they still ran toward him because of the reasons I stated

SABURZFAN
12-25-2006, 11:12 AM
I've been calling him overrated for years. He NEVER comes up big in big situations. His sacks by and large are in garbage time.

i agree. :up:

jamze132
12-26-2006, 07:57 AM
His sacks are when we know the QB is going to throw the ****ing ball. You take for granted how good he is at everything. All you want to see if sacks. There is a reason why he is in the Pro Bowl and it's not just because of all the sacks he DOES have. What the hell do you want from him?

madness
12-26-2006, 08:02 AM
His sacks are when we know the QB is going to throw the ****ing ball. You take for granted how good he is at everything. All you want to see if sacks. There is a reason why he is in the Pro Bowl and it's not just because of all the sacks he DOES have. What the hell do you want from him?

Apparently to single handily put the Bills in the playoffs. Maybe he should have tried the field goal.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Schobel is the least of the Defenses worries BF.. He may not be a dominate player but he is solid.

Night Train
12-26-2006, 08:30 AM
It would help if we had actual DT's and LB's who didn't get run over on most rushing plays and could execute a simple tackle the rare times they have a shot near the line of scimmage.

Then the opposition would have to throw more often on 3rd and long, allowing some actual rushing opportunities by someone else not named Schobel. He was getting doubled up and the rest of the rushers were pathetic.

Pro Bowl - who cares ? I haven't watched that in years. Schobel is probably a tad overrated but focusing on one or 2 players and playing the blame game doesn't require much thought.

LtBillsFan66
12-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Schobel is the least of the Defenses worries BF.. He may not be a dominate player but he is solid.
I like him. He's hard working. He's not elite though. He's more like Phil Hansen.

LtBillsFan66
12-26-2006, 10:21 AM
To make some game changing plays. For other teams to game plan around him. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy a lot. I just don't think he's THAT good.

madness
12-26-2006, 11:11 AM
To make some game changing plays. For other teams to game plan around him. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy a lot. I just don't think he's THAT good.

A number of coaches have said they game plan around him in pregame interviews.

jamze132
12-26-2006, 04:08 PM
The guy is gameplanned for. He is doubleteamed more than anyone on our defense. And he still has that many tackles and sacks. He's got my respect, and has had it for a couple of years.