PDA

View Full Version : I saw this coming

Bmax
12-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Same ole story too many looking ahead to next's week game...Expect for those that really know the game....I'm sure the bills were focused but focus won't help you tackle travis henry....They need run stuffers badly.....Tim Anderson better get ready to make pizza's full time or move on out of buffalo.. He is not getting the job done.....

Marv Levy has always preached Run And Stop the Run .. Well the bills can't do either one on a consistent basis.....It wouldn't surprise me if the first four picks went to improving both of these areas. Then you have free agency which should also bring at least two guys to help the run Oand D.....

I was hoping to post this thread after next's week game after Jaml Lewis ran over us .. But travis did us in at home...That's another thing The bills have to start winning at home 4-4 won't get us you any playoff bids...... So it's on to draft amnd free agency talk....Firing jauron won't happen ...I think he did ok.. Steve fairchild struggled at times ..Maybe with experience and better personnel he will improve...

Early Suggestions

Free agency

Left Guards

E. Steinbach-bengals
k. Dielman-chargers
D. Diehl-giants-6-5-319 4 year starter-illnois
Vince Manwai-6-2-325...jaguars

All under 28 all four year starters except dielman who has started 2 yrs

DT

Ian Scott-bears back up-6-3-302-back up to troubled tank johnson young guy 25 years old...Better player then Tim Anderson should not cost a lot unless bears are desperate because of johnson's legal problems

Rod Coleman-wrong side of 30 good player down year with atlanta..6-2-285...

Terrell Sands -huge man 6-7 335....raiders dt probaly doesn't fit scheme.. but hey worth a shot for his size

Cullen Jenkins-6-3-300-rfa packers big year 6.5 sacks ...see if pacjers want to pony up bucks for him young player with a lot of upside.

Mlb

Robert Thomas-Raiders backup who played for rams for three seasons...Familiar with bills def coaches fewell,kollar and sheldon who coached for the rams. Starting for bills with fletcher gone via free agency maybe a slight a stretch.. But would be good back up...Made big hit last night against larry johnson and kc...
young player only 6-0 235...

Kawika mitchell-kc-6-1-253-had good season over 100 tackles.....27 years old..plays in herman edwards cover 2.....

Draft

1. Okoye-dt-louisville-fast mover up draft boards sky is the limit only 19 won't be 20 until after draft. Smart college grad at 19.. from nigeria-6-1 317...green player that would improve with coaching could be a stud in 2 years .. potential pro bowl guy..
also blaylock or Patrick willis good picks in rd 1..

2.Brian Leonard-Rutgers FB-6-2-235..good runner excellent receiver.. why do we need him ....SHORT YARDAGE......GOOD BLOCKER...reminds scouts of Mike alscott.. could improve blocking and gain 10 lbs.....Would help losman in passing game good outlet....Team guy who is just a football player...Siler and Bishop mlb from florida and cal should be considered

3. Doug Datish-C-OG..6-5-295...even played Left tackle for the buckeyes...versatility is valuable at pro level...Smart tough guy ..not as good as maingold but should be first or second center off board... bigger than fowler at 6-3-285....Harrell-dt ....cb- talley-wright unlv, wade tenn cb

4. Matt Trannon-TE Mich St. big athletic TE could be a 3rd pick....6-6-235 basketball player ....needs work.. and 20 lbs....senior bowl or all star games and combine could improve stock.....also look for Brian Smith missouri under sized olb 6-4-230 who could be pass rusher with 20 lbs...probably later pick...

all of these guys would really help us get to the playoffs ....The bills could also use a bnack up OT who could play left or right....if Gandy not resigned...which would be my choice

Bmax.....