PDA

View Full Version : Who'd we get for the Travis Trade?

LtBillsFan66
12-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Crowell???

chernobylwraiths
12-25-2006, 08:38 AM
I thought maybe we traded the pick in order to pick McCargo?

YardRat
12-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Ashton Youboty.

Marvelous
12-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Ashton Youboty.

hahaha!! good grief... :mad:

DraftBoy
12-25-2006, 10:56 AM
hahaha!! good grief... :mad:

Give the kid a shot before you assume he sucks

SABURZFAN
12-25-2006, 11:01 AM
i hope youboty does a 180 degree turn next season.

Historian
12-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Piece of mind for all the fifteen year old girls in the area...

Michael82
12-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Ashton Youboty.
:ill:

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-25-2006, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't write Youboty off quite yet. The kid came out as a junior and in the beginning of the year lost his mother. That would be a 21 year old kid that lost his mother. Youboty can be a very talented player. Then again, It doesn't suprise me that Bills fans would think a player stinks after his rookie year and/or would want to get rid of him.

HendersonD06
12-25-2006, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't write Youboty off quite yet. The kid came out as a junior and in the beginning of the year lost his mother. That would be a 21 year old kid that lost his mother. Youboty can be a very talented player. Then again, It doesn't suprise me that Bills fans would think a player stinks after his rookie year and/or would want to get rid of him.

Damn... I never knew that about the kid.. Im 21 myself... Im glad I found out his Mother had passed away, well im not Glad... But you know what I mean, I can actually pull for this guy... Stuff like that only makes you stronger in life. Look at C.Martin, W.Dunn... Stuff like that, makes you a stronger person... And if playing Football is what you do, It will make you a stronger Athlete.

Statman
12-25-2006, 02:23 PM
In today's era of NFL free agency you cannot afford to give players three and four seasons to develop. You need to get something out of them fairly soon.

Teams that cannot and don't do that merely serve as training grounds for their competitors.

The idea is to bring a team together within a season or two for a decent run at a Super Bowl shot. The planning horizon in the NFL has shortened considerably over the last decade.

HAMMER
12-25-2006, 05:35 PM
One season is not a barometer for a players abilities by any means. People are far too impatient with players and coaches in today's NFL.

Philagape
12-25-2006, 05:38 PM
I'll be more patient with him if Nate stays next year, but if not, Youboty needs to grow up FAST.

Bmax
12-26-2006, 12:23 AM
Youboty is also the oldest sibling so a lot of the responsilbility fell on his shoulders.

His younger brother plays for the ecc football team.http://www.ecc.edu/athletics/footballroster.asp

The kid will be alright I sure the bills will resign thomas for insurance at the cb spot and maybe another vet to give us some time .. Hey if Whittner and simpson can start as rookies than youboty can come ready to play next year....

If this works out we will have drafted 3 starters in the secondary with the 2006 draft

What a draft this this will turn out to be...

Bmax

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-26-2006, 07:22 PM
In today's era of NFL free agency you cannot afford to give players three and four seasons to develop. You need to get something out of them fairly soon.

Teams that cannot and don't do that merely serve as training grounds for their competitors.

The idea is to bring a team together within a season or two for a decent run at a Super Bowl shot. The planning horizon in the NFL has shortened considerably over the last decade.

I can respect that, but let's take a look at the today's NFL 3rd rounders. You say that these players need to make an impact. I will agree with you that the 1st rounders do, maybe the second, but not the 3rd. You can't expect that. Here are the picks and you tell me which ones had the big "today's NFL" impact you are talking about:

1. Houston - Spencer, Charles, OT - Played in 2 games this year
2. Houston - Winston, Eric, OT - starting right tackle on Texas
3. Green Bay- Hodge, Abdul, ILB - backup linebacker
4. St. Louis - Wroten, Claude, DT - backup DT
5. Oakland - McQuistan, Paul, G - backup right tackle
6. Buffalo - Youboty, Ashton, CB
7. Philadelphia - Gocong, Chris, DE - Didn't play one game this season, on IR all year.
8. Arizona- Pope, Leonard, TE - 15 games- 14 receptions - 121 yards
9. Chicago - Dvoracek, Dusty, DT - On IR, missed entire season
10. Detroit - Calhoun, Brian, RB - ACL tear - missed the entire season
11. Green Bay - Spitz, Jason, C - backup center
12. N.Y. Jets - Schlegel, Anthony, ILB - listed as 3rd OLB, injured during season
13. St. Louis - Alston, Jon, OLB - backup LB, played in 2 games during the season
14. Cleveland - Wilson, Travis, WR - backup WR - 3 games, 1 reception - 16 yards
15. Atlanta - Norwood, Jerious, RB - Backup - 13 games -89 carries for 570 yards
16. Jacksonville - Ingram, Clint, OLB - Starting LB - 13 games 55 tackles 1.5 sacks
17. San Diego - Whitehurst, Charlie, QB - 3rd string QB
18. Miami - Hagan, Derek, WR - backup - 15 games - 20 receptions - 215 yards
19. Pittsburgh - Smith, Anthony, FS - 3rd string safety - 15 games - 27 tackles - 2 Int
20. San Francisco - Williams, Brandon, WR - 3rd string - 12 games - 0 receptions
21. Kansas City - Croyle, Brodie, QB - 3rd string QB
22. New England - Thomas, Dave, TE - 3rd string TE - 14 games - 11 receptions - 159 yards
23. Baltimore - Pittman, David, CB - 4th string CB - 0 games - no injuries, inactive for all games.
24. Carolina - Anderson, James, OLB - backup - 15 games - 18 Tackles
25. Carolina - Butler, Rashad, OT - 0 games
26. Tampa Bay - Stovall, Maurice, WR - backup - 8 games - 6 rec - 98 yards
27. Cincinnati - Rucker, Frostee, DE - IR
28. Dallas - Hatcher, Jason, DE - backup - 13 games - 14 tackles - 2.5 sacks
29.St. Louis - Byrd, Dominique, TE - 3rd string TE - 4 games - 2 rec - 39 yards - 1 TD
30. Indianapolis - Keiaho, Freddie, ILB - 3rd string LB
31. Pittsburgh - Reid, Willie, WR - IR
32. N.Y. Giants - Wilkinson, Gerris, ILB - backup - 15 games - 27 tackles
33. N.Y. Jets - Smith, Eric, SS - backup - injured late - 14 games - 26 tackles