Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Who'd we get for the Travis Trade?

Crowell???
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: Who'd we get for the Travis Trade?

I thought maybe we traded the pick in order to pick McCargo?

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Ashton Youboty.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Marvelous
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
        Ashton Youboty.
        hahaha!! good grief...
        GO BILLS!!! NE
        Magical Trevor

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Marv
          hahaha!! good grief...

Give the kid a shot before you assume he sucks
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

i hope youboty does a 180 degree turn next season.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Piece of mind for all the fifteen year old girls in the area...

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                Ashton Youboty.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

I wouldn't write Youboty off quite yet. The kid came out as a junior and in the beginning of the year lost his mother. That would be a 21 year old kid that lost his mother. Youboty can be a very talented player. Then again, It doesn't suprise me that Bills fans would think a player stinks after his rookie year and/or would want to get rid of him.

Comment

• HendersonD06
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                    I wouldn't write Youboty off quite yet. The kid came out as a junior and in the beginning of the year lost his mother. That would be a 21 year old kid that lost his mother. Youboty can be a very talented player. Then again, It doesn't suprise me that Bills fans would think a player stinks after his rookie year and/or would want to get rid of him.
                    Damn... I never knew that about the kid.. Im 21 myself... Im glad I found out his Mother had passed away, well im not Glad... But you know what I mean, I can actually pull for this guy... Stuff like that only makes you stronger in life. Look at C.Martin, W.Dunn... Stuff like that, makes you a stronger person... And if playing Football is what you do, It will make you a stronger Athlete.

Comment

• Statman
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                      In today's era of NFL free agency you cannot afford to give players three and four seasons to develop. You need to get something out of them fairly soon.

Teams that cannot and don't do that merely serve as training grounds for their competitors.

The idea is to bring a team together within a season or two for a decent run at a Super Bowl shot. The planning horizon in the NFL has shortened considerably over the last decade.
                      Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

One season is not a barometer for a players abilities by any means. People are far too impatient with players and coaches in today's NFL.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

I'll be more patient with him if Nate stays next year, but if not, Youboty needs to grow up FAST.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

Youboty is also the oldest sibling so a lot of the responsilbility fell on his shoulders.

His younger brother plays for the ecc football team.http://www.ecc.edu/athletics/footballroster.asp

The kid will be alright I sure the bills will resign thomas for insurance at the cb spot and maybe another vet to give us some time .. Hey if Whittner and simpson can start as rookies than youboty can come ready to play next year....

If this works out we will have drafted 3 starters in the secondary with the 2006 draft

What a draft this this will turn out to be...

Bmax

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by Statman
                              In today's era of NFL free agency you cannot afford to give players three and four seasons to develop. You need to get something out of them fairly soon.

Teams that cannot and don't do that merely serve as training grounds for their competitors.

The idea is to bring a team together within a season or two for a decent run at a Super Bowl shot. The planning horizon in the NFL has shortened considerably over the last decade.

I can respect that, but let's take a look at the today's NFL 3rd rounders. You say that these players need to make an impact. I will agree with you that the 1st rounders do, maybe the second, but not the 3rd. You can't expect that. Here are the picks and you tell me which ones had the big "today's NFL" impact you are talking about:

1. Houston - Spencer, Charles, OT - Played in 2 games this year
                              2. Houston - Winston, Eric, OT - starting right tackle on Texas
                              3. Green Bay- Hodge, Abdul, ILB - backup linebacker
                              4. St. Louis - Wroten, Claude, DT - backup DT
                              5. Oakland - McQuistan, Paul, G - backup right tackle
                              6. Buffalo - Youboty, Ashton, CB
                              7. Philadelphia - Gocong, Chris, DE - Didn't play one game this season, on IR all year.
                              8. Arizona- Pope, Leonard, TE - 15 games- 14 receptions - 121 yards
                              9. Chicago - Dvoracek, Dusty, DT - On IR, missed entire season
                              10. Detroit - Calhoun, Brian, RB - ACL tear - missed the entire season
                              11. Green Bay - Spitz, Jason, C - backup center
                              12. N.Y. Jets - Schlegel, Anthony, ILB - listed as 3rd OLB, injured during season
                              13. St. Louis - Alston, Jon, OLB - backup LB, played in 2 games during the season
                              14. Cleveland - Wilson, Travis, WR - backup WR - 3 games, 1 reception - 16 yards
                              15. Atlanta - Norwood, Jerious, RB - Backup - 13 games -89 carries for 570 yards
                              16. Jacksonville - Ingram, Clint, OLB - Starting LB - 13 games 55 tackles 1.5 sacks
                              17. San Diego - Whitehurst, Charlie, QB - 3rd string QB
                              18. Miami - Hagan, Derek, WR - backup - 15 games - 20 receptions - 215 yards
                              19. Pittsburgh - Smith, Anthony, FS - 3rd string safety - 15 games - 27 tackles - 2 Int
                              20. San Francisco - Williams, Brandon, WR - 3rd string - 12 games - 0 receptions
                              21. Kansas City - Croyle, Brodie, QB - 3rd string QB
                              22. New England - Thomas, Dave, TE - 3rd string TE - 14 games - 11 receptions - 159 yards
                              23. Baltimore - Pittman, David, CB - 4th string CB - 0 games - no injuries, inactive for all games.
                              24. Carolina - Anderson, James, OLB - backup - 15 games - 18 Tackles
                              25. Carolina - Butler, Rashad, OT - 0 games
                              26. Tampa Bay - Stovall, Maurice, WR - backup - 8 games - 6 rec - 98 yards
                              27. Cincinnati - Rucker, Frostee, DE - IR
                              28. Dallas - Hatcher, Jason, DE - backup - 13 games - 14 tackles - 2.5 sacks
                              29.St. Louis - Byrd, Dominique, TE - 3rd string TE - 4 games - 2 rec - 39 yards - 1 TD
                              30. Indianapolis - Keiaho, Freddie, ILB - 3rd string LB
                              31. Pittsburgh - Reid, Willie, WR - IR
                              32. N.Y. Giants - Wilkinson, Gerris, ILB - backup - 15 games - 27 tackles
                              33. N.Y. Jets - Smith, Eric, SS - backup - injured late - 14 games - 26 tackles

Comment

Working...
                              X