PDA

View Full Version : the bills are the nfl's rodney dangerfield

losman420
12-25-2006, 06:10 PM
you would think the bills being 7-8 and a tough 45 yard kick into 20 mile an hour winds away from being 8-7 and right in the playoff mix, would get some sort of acknowledgement from the media. they probally get there share accolades from buffalo sports writers..but in eastern ny all they do is shove the jets and giants down your throat. I understand those are the regional teams and i can deal with that , however its not any better on a national level either they rarely spend anytime talking about the bills on espn or any of those other sports networks. i also understand the bills havn't been very good in recent years, so that factors in on how the bills dont have many games in primetime, but do all there games have to start at 1 oclock est they had one 4 oclock game this year (against the jets) and i think that got changed because of the flex schedule. also another thing that annoyed me is the fact that the raiders have been unwatchable the last few years and i saw them on primetime 3 times this year maybe 4 .( at least 1 sunday , 1 thursday and 1 monday night) anyways I will close this vent session by saying the bills lost alot of close games this year , they could have very well been 13 and 2 at this point with all the close games they lost , so maybe that is a sign that they are heading for greener pastures and next year the country will be forced to give them respect

YardRat
12-25-2006, 06:19 PM
They need to earn it, which I think they did a little this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of prime time games next year with division opponents.

DynaPaul
12-25-2006, 08:03 PM
but in eastern ny all they do is shove the jets and giants down your throat. I understand those are the regional teams and i can deal with that

The Jets are Giants aren't regional. They're New Jersey teams. I know here in Albany they think it's Giants country because they have training camp at SUNY Albany for maybe 2 weeks out of the year but that just isn't so. Here upstate it's more of a crossroads area with Bills, Patriots, Giants, and Jets fans.

Still, we only get a small mention in the Times Union. Usually the front page of the sports section has the Giants, Jets, and the Patriots (once in a blue moon). When all of those teams do poorly they find some small high school or unknown college basketball team to put on the front page. It's pathetic really.

SABURZFAN
12-25-2006, 08:14 PM
kind of hard to be respected when we don't deserve it.

MikeInRoch
12-25-2006, 08:27 PM
kind of hard to be respected when we don't deserve it.

Based on your posts, I'd say that you don't.