X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

From what I can see...

Having smaller, faster defensive linemen means you can either get upfield to take yourself out of the play faster while the running back blows by you or you can make it to the other team's offensive linemen quicker so they can manhandle you and kick your ass while the running back once again blows by you. I just love this Tampa Two.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: From what I can see...

Originally posted by mchurchfie
    Having smaller, faster defensive linemen means you can either get upfield to take yourself out of the play faster while the running back blows by you or you can make it to the other team's offensive linemen quicker so they can manhandle you and kick your ass while the running back once again blows by you. I just love this Tampa Two.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Run D has suffered this year for sure and its an issue but pass D was solid and pass rush was better than last year.

I agree that our run D was sub-par and I want a fix. But Im not sure I know the best move as far as that goes. There were issues with the big fatties too.

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

Seriously!
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

i'll take the big space eaters over the smaller DT's anytime.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
            Run D has suffered this year for sure and its an issue but pass D was solid and pass rush was better than last year.

I agree that our run D was sub-par and I want a fix. But Im not sure I know the best move as far as that goes. There were issues with the big fatties too.
            I agree but yesterday's pass defense against a rookie QB took about two steps backwards. When you are dropping 7 and 8 back in coverage and they are still completing 20-30 yard completions, some for TDs, or the QB is scrambling for 30 yard TDs then something is terribly wrong. I want the big fatties back again!:fat:
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
              Bring back the :fat::fat::fat::fat:!!!
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

But Jauron doesnt agree with you, hes still our coach, so how do we fix it?

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

The DT's should be fatties and the DE's should be the smaller quick guys.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                    The DT's should be fatties and the DE's should be the smaller quick guys.
                    Exactly!! The Fatties can be over at BK's getting their wolf on:fat: while the DE's are working out overtime in the weightroom.

Assassination.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• Statman
                      • Oct 2003

Those that manage this team won't and they've already told us that those type of DT's don't fit the system.

You buy that?
                      Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• Statman
                        • Oct 2003

We just drafted two and signed on free agent to big bucks.

How many of our resources are we going to consume on trying to find "just the right" DT?

DTs are two of 22 starting positions and we've already used two of our top five draft picks on our biggest free agent signing on DTs.
                        Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                          • Jan 2004

The Key to the Tampa 2 is to get DT's who can both rush the passer welll, and play stout run defense.

Which to me means your asking a lot out of your GM to go out and find players like that, because there aren't many.

Tripplett, Tim Anderson, and Kyle Williams don't even come close to doing this consistently enough, although I like Williams Potential.

Along with Offensive Guard, and Linebacker, D-Line should be a main priority in the offseason.

I'm not a big fan of the Cover 2, but if you got the players, its a great defensive scheme.....As of right now, we do not have the players to run the Cover 2 effectively.
                          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                            • Jul 2002

If we had the DTs that Tampa had when they went the SB it would be a great scheme a huge oversight when Buffalo decided to employ it with the lightweghts we have on the line.
                            My Band
                            daveviterna.com

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

If we had the DTs that Tampa had when they went the SB it would be a great scheme a huge oversight when Buffalo decided to employ it with the lightweghts we have on the line.
                              On second thought, the Bills made a hard push to land Booger before Indy swiped him, and then they traded for Hargrove. Im not sure THEY think we are all set at DT either. I think they still want more.

Comment

Working...
                              X