X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Fletcher-Baker=Bledsoe

ALL stats with VERY LITTLE impact. Between the two of them they have a combined 200 years in the NFL, 20,000 tackles, and 400,000 yards passing...and are still IRRELEVANT. Is there any kind of trophy for longevity?
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Fletcher-Baker=Bledsoe

We will never agree on this....Fletcher is underrated. He has more of an impact than you give him credit for.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

I agree with Shelby.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

Stupid thread.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

I disagree as well Church. I think the guy has had a stellar year and deserves a great amount of credit for the Bills recenet success.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by shelby
            We will never agree on this....Fletcher is underrated. He has more of an impact than you give him credit for.

I agree Shel...he brings intangibles that you can't measure on the stat sheet.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
              Closet Bills Fan
              • Nov 2004

fletcher-baker is the defensive equivalent of curtis martin...... someone who just does their damn job, teaches, and has fun..........

for buffalo to be successful it'd be a shame to let him go, but if he believes in jauron's system i'd see him in buffalo another 2-5 years

j-e-t-s
              jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

I give him credit for being such a warrior but I have never been impressed with this guy. He has one of the positions on the defense where you are given the most opportunity to make the most impact. That is why he has so many tackles every year but most of them are beyond the LOS....sometimes well beyond it. I have seen him be taken out of the play or missed tackles when things mattered the most. Maybe I have him living in the shadow of Speilman, Cowart, Conlan, etc. but ever since we the Gregg Williams days we have had deplorable defenses for the most part and he has been there for everyone of them. He is one of the common denominators to our ****ty defenses, it's just that he is everyone's little darling because he says all of the right things and throws a smokescreen with his stats. He barely ever makes a play beyond the LOS. Time to move on to a younger, faster stud in the middle and let him and his big contract move on. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                  Stupid thread.
                  So are most of yours.
                  My Band
                  daveviterna.com

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

And if his play was off a little bit this year Church, it could be in part attributed to his Mom dying last summer.

It had to be on his mind every time he stepped onto the field. The guy's only human.

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83
                      fletcher-baker is the defensive equivalent of curtis martin...... someone who just does their damn job, teaches, and has fun..........

for buffalo to be successful it'd be a shame to let him go, but if he believes in jauron's system i'd see him in buffalo another 2-5 years
                      Great Quote!

Plus Fletcher was the defensive captain on the 2000 Rams Superbowl team, another trait I feel is valuable to our young defense.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                        Closet Bills Fan
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                        Great Quote!

Plus Fletcher was the defensive captain on the 2000 Rams Superbowl team, another trait I feel is valuable to our young defense.
                        which is why i really think that compairing him to bledsoe is dumb........

plus the fact his tackle totals are beyond the LOS is becuase thats his territory........ if he was gonna be hedging the LOS and behind it, he'd be playing an end position, or could still be an LB but playing something closer to a 5-2

anywho......... L F-B is about as valuable as any member on the team....... honestly spikes to me hasnt been impressive at all on a consistant basis (injuries haven't helped his case. this reminds me of john abraham... someone who didn't play certain parts for his own financial being)....... plus that ring on L F-B is enough motivation to show that he is a proven winner.

j-e-t-s

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

If Fletch hits Free Agency he will be a target for many teams... and will leave a big hole for us...let this unit play together lets build some more chemistry, lets kick some ass.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                            Closet Bills Fan
                            • Nov 2004

with the exception of the tennessee game, i'd have to say the defense was absolutely brutal from the bye week on......... ellison is defintely impressing me.........

j-e-t-s

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
                              And if his play was off a little bit this year Church, it could be in part attributed to his Mom dying last summer.

It had to be on his mind every time he stepped onto the field. The guy's only human.
                              I'm not talking about just this year Bills, I'm talking about every year that he has been here. His position is the heart and soul of the defense and makes the difference whether or not it goes or not. I give the guy full props for being a leader and a warrior but in most every game his age and slowness end up costing us some huge plays on defense. I know that he he does not get very much help from his line but just like the QB position, sometimes you have to raise beyond that and still make those impact plays as his position dictates. He is a consistant player logging up the tackles as he should in that position but I'm telling you guys he is part of the main reason that we are giving up those HUGE runs plays almost every game and those HUGE completions down the middle like what happened last week. You can be the biggest rah rah guy on the team and say all of the right things to endear yourself to the coaching staff and fans but when you are slow you are slow and is costing us and has cost us many times. I knew everyone was going to jump on the Fletch train when I started this thread. We need to get a franchise player at that position and a TRUE difference maker. I know we have other pressing needs but strong LB play has always been the staple of Buffalo defenses and is highly underrated. FLetch is the biggest lie on the team and is hurting us more than you people realize.
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X