PDA

View Full Version : Zach Thomas is a Thug

mchurchfie
12-25-2006, 08:40 PM
He just left one of the Jets receivers laying on the ground knocked out and obviously hurt and he's rolling around on the ground hotdogging all excited. He tried to knock Willis out with a little helmet to helmet action last week. I guess you have to resort to that when you get old and slow. What a piece of ****, I don't care if he made the Probowl or not.:down:

LtFinFan66
12-25-2006, 08:41 PM
whatever!! like he looked back to see him lying there before he rolled.:shakeno:

mchurchfie
12-25-2006, 08:44 PM
whatever!! like he looked back to see him lying there before he rolled.:shakeno:
Dude, he knew he hurt him as soon as he hit him, why do you think he was so excited. He did the same thing to Willis last week.

LtFinFan66
12-25-2006, 08:47 PM
if it was your player you would be whoopin' it up and you know it. Thug and Zach don't go together. Sorry

mchurchfie
12-25-2006, 08:59 PM
if it was your player you would be whoopin' it up and you know it. Thug and Zach don't go together. SorryBull****, not if someone got hurt. The dude was laying there motionless. It would have been a little classier not to celebrate so much and just get off the field.

LtFinFan66
12-25-2006, 09:01 PM
whatever, I am done arguing it. You clearly hate the Fins and can't see past that so it is useless for me to continue

Dr. Lecter
12-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Nah, Thomas is fine. He is a class act.

Look at his comments last week: nothing but complimentary of the Bills. I respect him.

(Unlike Taylor, who said it was due to only a few big plays, but I digress)

mchurchfie
12-25-2006, 09:15 PM
whatever, I am done arguing it.
Good!:up:

You clearly hate the Fins
Absolutely, that would be me!:up:

BleedinGreenNC
12-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Regardless is he is a thug or not, he is going to miss the playoffs for the 5th year in a row!!

WHAT A X-MAS!!!

Devin
12-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Its Zach Thomas. Screw that idiot. Hes pissed because not only is he not in the playoffs again, and a fossil, but he knows as well as the rest of the world he shouldnt be in the pro-bowl.

Thankfully his ***** ass will be retired soon.

Michael82
12-26-2006, 03:08 AM
Its Zach Thomas. Screw that idiot. Hes pissed because not only is he not in the playoffs again, and a fossil, but he knows as well as the rest of the world he shouldnt be in the pro-bowl.

Thankfully his ***** ass will be retired soon.
:rofl:

IAG
12-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Zach Thomas is a Hall of Famer boys.

Mr. Miyagi
12-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Zach Thomas is a Hall of Famer boys.
:spit: Hell no.

On that play where he hit Coles, didn't he lead with his helmet? That's what it looked like to me, but no flag. :idunno:

BleedinGreenNC
12-26-2006, 08:51 AM

On that play where he hit Coles, didn't he lead with his helmet? That's what it looked like to me, but no flag. :idunno:

Yes he did!! Most of the Phins players were leading with their helmets, they are just mad that they didnt live up to the hype this year.

mchurchfie
12-26-2006, 08:56 AM

Something gave Coles a laceration on his chin...a helmet or a forearm. Good job by a "Hall of Famer" and supposed guy of class.:coocoo: The whole gay rolling around on the ground after the hit was especially endearing:up:
:monkeyp:Zach Thomas

BleedinGreenNC
12-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Something gave Coles a laceration on his chin...a helmet or a forearm. Good job by a "Hall of Famer" and supposed guy of class.:coocoo: The whole gay rolling around on the ground after the hit was especially endearing:up:
:monkeyp:Zach Thomas

He will be gone soon, then the fins will suck.

Wait...

They already do!!

Historian
12-26-2006, 10:13 AM
He's a POS.

LtBillsFan66
12-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Some of you are forgetting that it's football, not the ballet.

RedEyE
12-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Some of you are forgetting that it's football, not the ballet.

:rofl:

Right?

The guy is a ****ing linebacker for crying out loud. He plays with a head full of steam and a boat load of passion. He doens't make that play and he's deemed incompetant.

Is it acceptable that he injure someone while playing? No. But, let us not forget that he was trained to maul and crush guys with the football. Sometimes it happens.

mchurchfie
12-26-2006, 10:49 AM
It's not his ability I am questioning it was the pirouette he did after the hit.:dancers:

LtFinFan66
12-26-2006, 10:55 AM

Thankfully his ***** ass will be retired soon.dumbest post ever. Say he is old, say he is pissed, but to say he doesn't deserve the Pro Bowl is nuts. Quit hating Devin. I respect you more than this post shows I should

LtFinFan66
12-26-2006, 10:56 AM

On that play where he hit Coles, didn't he lead with his helmet? That's what it looked like to me, but no flag. :idunno::no: Clean shoulder to chest

justasportsfan
12-26-2006, 10:56 AM
I think Zach was auditioning for a job next year. He's gonna cost the fins a lot of cap for an aging MLB.

LtFinFan66
12-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Who is leading the NFL in tackles:idunno: He will restructure if he needs too. Just like Taylor

mchurchfie
12-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I'd take him over Fletcher...barely.

justasportsfan
12-26-2006, 11:18 AM
He will restructure if he needs too. Just like Taylor we shall see. I wouldn't doubt it though, I doubt a lot of teams would be interested in solid againg players like Fletch or Zach so they might as well sign up with their respective teams.

BleedinGreenNC
12-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Who is leading the NFL in tackles:idunno: He will restructure if he needs too. Just like Taylor

True, he leads the league in tackles, but that doesnt mean squat if you cant get to the playoffs.

Lexwhat
12-26-2006, 01:18 PM

The NFL rule on helmet-to-helmet hits is very technical...

If a QB is in the pocket, ready to throw, and gets hit "helmet-to-helmet," then it's illegal.

If a WR is running to catch a pass, and gets hit "helmet-to-helmet," before he catches the ball, it's illegal.

Now...If a QB, RB, or WR has the ball and is running to gain yardage, a helmet-to-helmet hit is usually LEGAL. It may be dirty, but it's legal.

The only way it's illegal is if the player is defenseless and doesn't know that he is about to get hit - somethin like that.

mchurchfie
12-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Hemet to helmet in any situation is illegal doesn't matter if they have the ball or not. It's also pretty low.

mchurchfie
12-26-2006, 01:25 PM
:no: Clean shoulder to chestHow did he get the laceration on his chin then? What did Zach catch him in his chin with one of his spikes accidently while he was doing cartwheels after he left the dude laying motionless on the ground.

Lexwhat
12-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Hemet to helmet in any situation is illegal doesn't matter if they have the ball or not. It's also pretty low.

Helmet-to-helmet is NOT illegal in all situations. It is pretty low, but that's not the point I was tryin to make.

I said I don't know the exact rule on it, but at least I acknowledged that part.

Get your football knowledge up before saying something that's not even true.

Lexwhat
12-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Here's the exact rule:

When a ball is in player possession, the tackler can legally hit helmet-to-helmet. It becomes a foul when an unprotected receiver misses the ball and is subsequently hit, helmet-to-helmet. In the play that you refer to, the pass was caught and then the hit came, possibly helmet-to-helmet, which was perfectly legal. This is a tough call for the officials, but one that is made on a regular basis.

Lexwhat
12-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Q: Watching the Denver game against Pittsburgh, the block by Hines Ward on Nick Ferguson looked helmet to helmet, causing a concussion. Was it noticed by the Broncos? . . . It looked like a cheap shot.
A: Well, Mike Shanahan called the play -- a block by Hines Ward on a second-quarter run by Willie Parker -- "totally legal.''
The issue is when players use the crown of the helmet. There is plenty of helmet-to-helmet contact when players collide -- sort of more facemask-to-facemask, especially a running back getting pounded by as defensive lineman or linebacker as the back comes through the line of scrimmage.
However, cornerback Domonique Foxworth was penalized and will likely be fined for hitting a "defenseless receiver'' helmet-to-helmet. The rules book designates, in part, a receiver "defenseless if he has missed the ball and is not in position to defend himself from the tackle."
Most of the time an offensive player like Ward will be penalized or fined is if he used the top of the helmet -- for a spearing penalty.

LtFinFan66
12-26-2006, 07:57 PM
True, he leads the league in tackles, but that doesnt mean squat if you cant get to the playoffs.when we are discussing a certain players skills it does so go away

dolphan117
12-26-2006, 08:48 PM
True, he leads the league in tackles, but that doesnt mean squat if you cant get to the playoffs.The reason he isn't going to the playoffs has nothing to do with Zach Thomas. It has to do with spotty secondary play, and offensive ineptitude lead by a IRed Pep, a woeful Joey, and a less than impressive OC. Zach goes to the Pro-Bowl year in and year out. And deserves too. Its not his fault that other aspects of the team have kept him out of the playoffs the last while. I mean using this logic JT's performance this year that puts him in the running for the Defensive Player of the Year award wouldn't mean anything either. Which I think we can agree would be a crap statement. The dude has been a beast, especially in the second half. 9 forced fumbles on the year along with all the sacks.

LtBillsFan66
12-26-2006, 09:46 PM
It's obvious that some of you never suited up in your life.

im4bflo
12-26-2006, 09:56 PM
he's a POS midget on 'roids

mchurchfie
12-27-2006, 01:25 AM
Get your football knowledge up before saying something that's not even true.
Oh excuse me all to hell. :kissa:
:moon:

It's obvious that some of you never suited up in your life.
Including yourself.
:blah:

BleedinGreenNC
12-27-2006, 10:58 AM
The reason he isn't going to the playoffs has nothing to do with Zach Thomas. It has to do with spotty secondary play, and offensive ineptitude lead by a IRed Pep, a woeful Joey, and a less than impressive OC. Zach goes to the Pro-Bowl year in and year out. And deserves too. Its not his fault that other aspects of the team have kept him out of the playoffs the last while. I mean using this logic JT's performance this year that puts him in the running for the Defensive Player of the Year award wouldn't mean anything either. Which I think we can agree would be a crap statement. The dude has been a beast, especially in the second half. 9 forced fumbles on the year along with all the sacks.

The main reason they are not going to the playoffs is because they do not have a good QB, that is the reason.

Historian
12-27-2006, 11:01 AM
How did he get the laceration on his chin then?

From Jason Taylor's low ball?

:snicker:

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Zach might be gay because he is a Dolphin but he is not a thug.

mchurchfie
12-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Wow, I've been negged more on this one thread than I have in the last three years of threads combined. There must be some a lot more closet Zach Thomas fans on this board than I realized. :shakeno::puke:

Devin
12-27-2006, 06:58 PM
dumbest post ever. Say he is old, say he is pissed, but to say he doesn't deserve the Pro Bowl is nuts. Quit hating Devin. I respect you more than this post shows I should

Youre my boy blue, but I gotta disagree.

Is he a good MLB absolutley, but even if i wasnt a Bills fan id take Fletcher over him. Id take Demeco Ryans over both of them.

Im not saying he sucks, im saying this is a year he shouldnt have made the pro-bowl.