PDA

View Full Version : 4th & 5

jdbillsfan
12-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Why were all of our receivers in the end zone on 4th and 5 for JP's roll out. It looked like it was designed for Josh initially?? But once JP rolled back around to the left, all of his WR's were in the end zone and covered. They needed 5 yards. The entire titans secondary was guarding the end zone and that is where our WR's end up.

They didn't really seem to help JP out to much on that last play.

mchurchfie
12-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Extremely good point. Probably because they had to hurry up and get a play in because Jauron wanted to stare in Lindell's eyes for 15 seconds.:ill:

OpIv37
12-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Why were all of our receivers in the end zone on 4th and 5 for JP's roll out. It looked like it was designed for Josh initially?? But once JP rolled back around to the left, all of his WR's were in the end zone and covered. They needed 5 yards. The entire titans secondary was guarding the end zone and that is where our WR's end up.

They didn't really seem to help JP out to much on that last play.

simply not a good play for the situation. Blame that one on Jauron and/or Fairchild, cuz JP didn't really have time to call a play/audible.

There were 57 seconds left- we didn't need the touch- we needed 5 yards. Even if we didn't get out of bounds, Losman could have spiked the ball and there would still be 35+ seconds on the clock.

And even if we had the TD, we would have given the Titans 40 seconds with two TO's.

Not a good play call.

mchurchfie
12-25-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm not totally sold on our OC. On our first drive of the game it is first down around the three yd line, Willis is running really good against the 30th ranked run defense and Fairchild calls a pass play. It brought back fond memories of Gildbride and Mularkey.

Michael82
12-26-2006, 03:07 AM
I'm not totally sold on our OC. On our first drive of the game it is first down around the three yd line, Willis is running really good against the 30th ranked run defense and Fairchild calls a pass play. It brought back fond memories of Gildbride and Mularkey.
He did a big pass play on 3rd and 1 too. :ill:

jamze132
12-26-2006, 08:02 AM
I hope Fairchild has a long offseason pondering why he had so many stupid playcalls this year.

madness
12-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Eb started a thread about Reed getting mauled on that play. I didn't see it but if that was the case and the play was designed for Reed, then the other receivers should have came back to the ball.

mybills
12-26-2006, 08:21 AM
He was pushed down before the ball got there..clearly a flag should've been thrown. Perhaps it was designed to draw a penalty for an automatic 1st..which would've put them closer to the endzone than just making the 5 yd 1st down. Somehow, the zebra's didn't see it that way.