PDA

View Full Version : What Bills played their final home game Sunday??

Ebenezer
12-26-2006, 02:43 AM
I'm thinking Spikes, Clemens and Fletcher...maybe Kelsay.

Reyes, Villarrial are gone from the offense.

who else??

clumping platelets
12-26-2006, 04:12 AM
I think Spikes is back for another season

Fletcher, Clements, Kelsay, Reyes, Villarrial, Shelton

RedEyE
12-26-2006, 06:25 AM
I can definitly see Shelton and Clements elsewhere next season.

don137
12-26-2006, 06:42 AM
Tim Anderson, Matt Bowen, Andre Davis, Kevin Everett, Kelly Holcomb, Nate Clements, Damien Shelton and Chris Villirial.

I think Spikes will be back if he wants to be back. I think they will resign Fletcher-Baker.

Night Train
12-26-2006, 07:16 AM
Fletcher, Kelsay, Gandy, Clements (all UFA's), Reyes, Holcomb, Everett, Shaud Williams, Stamer, Villarrial, Shelton and Spikes. Plus plenty more.

Sorry folks but history shows GM's and Coaches make the most changes after their first year on the job. They find out who can play for them and address the weaknesses of the roster.

Sentiment means zero. It's about production. We stink against the run (see DT's and LB's) and must get some Guards in here, among other things. Plus we need some backup players who can actually fill in for injured starters at their respective positions, not just Special Team Aces. Look at all the rookies that started this year, instead of many of the familiar backups. Spoke volumes.

Saying Spikes WILL heal is nothing more than a longshot guess. He's presently a shell of his former self, as I watch him closely from the stands. Cowart was never the same after the same injury, so why the rubber stamp for Spikes ? Fletcher is too small, despite his effort. We need to get bigger, stronger and younger in our front 7. Schobel, Crowell and Ellison can return. The other 4 spots could be upgraded. STOP THE RUN and watch the wins increase.

Big changes are coming. I hope some can finally see through the pom poms to realize some favorite players will be gone, in order to improve the overall product.

It's a business of winning.

njsue
12-26-2006, 07:56 AM
The defensive core remains, Fletcher, Spikes, Clements. These guys are the leadership on the defense.

See Ya to Villarial, Tim Anderson.

Romes
12-26-2006, 07:58 AM
I said it in another thread but I say we let Fletcher go and draft Patrick Willis from Miss. Fletcher just isn't built to stop the run.

OpIv37
12-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Tim Anderson, Matt Bowen, Andre Davis, Kevin Everett, Kelly Holcomb, Nate Clements, Damien Shelton and Chris Villirial.

Other than Holcomb, that's pretty much my wish list of cuts right there. I think Holcomb's a solid back-up, but he's replaceable. And I wouldn't mind keeping Andre Davis for ST, but we need to do a better job about keeping guys just for ST (see the DT and LB shortage situations we had this year).

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2006, 08:31 AM
The defensive core remains, Fletcher, Spikes, Clements. These guys are the leadership on the defense.

See Ya to Villarial, Tim Anderson.
Where do you get this? It is almost a complete certainty that Clements will be gone.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2006, 08:32 AM
Other than Holcomb, that's pretty much my wish list of cuts right there. I think Holcomb's a solid back-up, but he's replaceable. And I wouldn't mind keeping Andre Davis for ST, but we need to do a better job about keeping guys just for ST (see the DT and LB shortage situations we had this year).
Yes Davis has been making more ST plays than Aiken this year. Keep him get rid of Aiken. At least Davis has some ability as a receiver as well..

X-Era
12-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I said it in another thread but I say we let Fletcher go and draft Patrick Willis from Miss. Fletcher just isn't built to stop the run.

I want him back and I think that he will be based on Ralphs love for him, and his production. However, I have always said that without big guys in front of him, hes a liability vs. the run. I have watched him get dragged by RB's.

I cant disagree with heading in a newer, bigger, direction if thats what we do. But we lose a ton in leadership and then are taking a chance on some new guy.

Romes
12-26-2006, 09:08 AM
I want him back and I think that he will be based on Ralphs love for him, and his production. However, I have always said that without big guys in front of him, hes a liability vs. the run. I have watched him get dragged by RB's.

I cant disagree with heading in a newer, bigger, direction if thats what we do. But we lose a ton in leadership and then are taking a chance on some new guy.

Agreed. But how valuable is that leadership when they give up 150 yds on the ground per game?

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2006, 09:19 AM
N. Clements, T. Spikes, C. Villarrial, D. Shelton, K. Everett, K. Holcomb, J. Jefferson, E. Powel, J. Greer, T. Anderson, S. Williams. R. Neufeld, J. DiGiorgio, R. Manning, M. Murphy AND....

W. McGahee (see siggy).

X-Era
12-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Agreed. But how valuable is that leadership when they give up 150 yds on the ground per game?

That fact has to change.

Justa, myself, many agree run and stop the run. We are difficient on both. The answers? I dont know. Id say add run stuffing DT's but those are bigger guys that Jauron skipped on...Sam Adams-let go, Haloti Ngata- passed on, Broderick Bunkley-passed on.

I think adding another vet to the mix such as Corey Simon (if released) or Vonnie Holliday will make us better but by how much? The draft has some guys, we will need to see.

I think we could benefit from a more staunch LDE such as Moses (draft)

Also I think our run D will be better with Spikes 100% (hes finally just about there), Crowell back, and adding another good vet like Adalius Thomas who will be let go.

BILLSROCK1212
12-26-2006, 03:00 PM
we are gonna clean out all of TD's players other than both JPs and Lee Evans maybe a couple more but we will have a totally different look next year

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2006, 03:06 PM
N. Clements, T. Spikes, C. Villarrial, D. Shelton, K. Everett, K. Holcomb, J. Jefferson, E. Powel, J. Greer, T. Anderson, S. Williams. R. Neufeld, J. DiGiorgio, R. Manning, M. Murphy AND....

W. McGahee (see siggy).

Why trade Willis for a position that is not a need? I would scream like hell if they traded Willis and #1 for a WR. Who becomes the #1 back (A-Train is NOT a #1 RB)

And people need to calm down about Spikes. He is staying. Either he or Crowell will likely be playing MLB next year.