PDA

View Full Version : Start Youboty Sunday

Romes
12-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Lets see what the kid can do. There is no reason not to give him a lot of playing time against the Ravens.

Also, I'd like to see Cieslak get some more calls.

OpIv37
12-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Cieslak was on the field a lot against TN because he was playing FB for the injured Shelton. If Shelton's back, definitely give Cieslak reps at TE.

And I agree on Youboty. Get the kid some experience. At the very least, let him split time at nickel with K. Thomas.

But I'll be surprised if it actually happens. Youboty hasn't even been activated for most of our games, including last Sunday against the Titans.

Nighthawk
12-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Lets see what the kid can do. There is no reason not to give him a lot of playing time against the Ravens.

Also, I'd like to see Cieslak get some more calls.

Our "genius" HC decided not to play him last game for what reason I don't know? Why would you not be getting this guy reps to prepare him for next season when it appears Clements is gone? This is the little stuff that pisses me off about Jauron...

Romes
12-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Our "genius" HC decided not to play him last game for what reason I don't know? Why would you not be getting this guy reps to prepare him for next season when it appears Clements is gone? This is the little stuff that pisses me off about Jauron...

I don't fault him for not playing him last week. they still had a shot at the playoffs. they needed to play their best.

Historian
12-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Get all the young guys in.

Sit everyone who's done here.

LtBillsFan66
12-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Sunday should be a pre-preseason game.

justasportsfan
12-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Nall Ball !!!!!!!!!!

LtBillsFan66
12-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Nall Ball !!!!!!!!!!
:rofl:

eyedog
12-26-2006, 10:49 AM
They can also sit Gandy and play Merz.

mysticsoto
12-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Agreed. I'd sit alot of our starters and let some of the young guys play and get a feel for what a real game is like. Youboty should be at the top of the list. Merz should get decent playing time and even Butler. Do NOT play TKO!!! Let him get some rest. It'd be such a big bonus to get him back next year at full strength and speed. Give Cieslak his playing time as he seems to be earning it - which again, I've argued since training camp of 2005 that he should be in. I'd also give time to Davis and Aiken and see which one I want to keep. I know Aiken had been hurt, but I think he's back and he hasn't seem to have done much on ST. Davis on the other hand has been lighting it up. I think Davis should get the nod over Aiken at this point. I'd also like to see some special red zone plays for Davis. He should be able to outjump the average CB.

We can give Nall some experience maybe late, but I'd still let JP play and maybe have a little fun with different plays that they might not normally try. Let McGahee rest and cure his injury. Activate Shaud and also test Everett and decide whether to keep him or not. If he doesn't show promise...dump him. We need to have people on the roster that are going to contribute. Being a glorified track runner doesn't automatically make you a football player. Make the decision in this final game!!!

justasportsfan
12-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Agreed. I'd sit alot of our starters and let some of the young guys play and get a feel for what a real game is like. Youboty should be at the top of the list. Merz should get decent playing time and even Butler. Do NOT play TKO!!! Let him get some rest. It'd be such a big bonus to get him back next year at full strength and speed. Give Cieslak his playing time as he seems to be earning it - which again, I've argued since training camp of 2005 that he should be in. I'd also give time to Davis and Aiken and see which one I want to keep. I know Aiken had been hurt, but I think he's back and he hasn't seem to have done much on ST. Davis on the other hand has been lighting it up. I think Davis should get the nod over Aiken at this point. I'd also like to see some special red zone plays for Davis. He should be able to outjump the average CB.

We can give Nall some experience maybe late, but I'd still let JP play and maybe have a little fun with different plays that they might not normally try. Let McGahee rest and cure his injury. Activate Shaud and also test Everett and decide whether to keep him or not. If he doesn't show promise...dump him. We need to have people on the roster that are going to contribute. Being a glorified track runner doesn't automatically make you a football player. Make the decision in this final game!!!
Bench Evans and activate Wilson or the new kid we signed to the practice squad :up: There's no better way to audition than against a Ravens D.

Night Train
12-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Nall Ball !!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't mind seeing Youboty, Haggan at MLB, Mertz at Guard or Center, Wilson at WR and a few others see action in the 2nd half.

Let the coaches scout some guys in a meaningless season ending game.

ShadowHawk7
12-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Bench Evans and activate Wilson or the new kid we signed to the practice squad :up: There's no better way to audition than against a Ravens D.
Agreed, it's time to find out exactly how good our WR, CB, LB, OL depth really is.

YardRat
12-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Play to win, regardless of the circumstances.

I don't mind giving some of these guys spot duty, but put the best 22 you have on the field and go for the victory.

Philagape
12-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah there's something to be said for hitting .500

alohabillsfan
12-27-2006, 08:36 AM
I would not mind seeing Youbouty in as far as the Oline no way, you want to get JP killed? The team we are playing is a great defense, it is time to continue the progress on offense not the time to make wholesale changes and risk injury, think about it, what if Merz, Butler etc.. where playing and JP gets injured, what would be the fans response to that? P.S. we can only activate so many players in a regular season game.

Saratoga Slim
12-27-2006, 09:41 AM
I would not mind seeing Youbouty in as far as the Oline no way, you want to get JP killed? The team we are playing is a great defense, it is time to continue the progress on offense not the time to make wholesale changes and risk injury, think about it, what if Merz, Butler etc.. where playing and JP gets injured, what would be the fans response to that? P.S. we can only activate so many players in a regular season game.

I agree. The regular season is for winning. The Ravens game doesn't mean anything in terms of playoffs at this point, but we need to breed a culture of winning. The only way you do that is to play every game like we can't afford to lose it.

Lets not forget that Dick and Co. watch these guys every day in practice. Just b/c we don't see much of guys like Youboty, Nance and Wilson doesn't mean they're not getting scrutinized. I'll leave it to the coaches to say who they need to see more of in the remaining game in order to make their post-season personnel decisions.

Romes
12-27-2006, 09:55 AM
I agree. The regular season is for winning. The Ravens game doesn't mean anything in terms of playoffs at this point, but we need to breed a culture of winning. The only way you do that is to play every game like we can't afford to lose it.

Lets not forget that Dick and Co. watch these guys every day in practice. Just b/c we don't see much of guys like Youboty, Nance and Wilson doesn't mean they're not getting scrutinized. I'll leave it to the coaches to say who they need to see more of in the remaining game in order to make their post-season personnel decisions.

I don't think starting Youboty would mean sacrificing a win. I'm not saying to start the practice squad. Its about giving a guy game time experience. Since, he'll probably have a big roll on the team next year.

A few teams are starting 3rd string QB's this weekend. Its done with QB's, why not with CB's?

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 10:04 AM
We need this win too bad to start anyone other than our starters. Sure were out of the playoffs but were young and every win is a playoff game for us.

Romes
12-27-2006, 10:13 AM
We need this win too bad to start anyone other than our starters. Sure were out of the playoffs but were young and every win is a playoff game for us.

Really? I disagree. I doubt if we lose against the ravens next year we'll be pointing to this game saying, "man if we'd only beat the ravens, this team would be playing with much more confidence this year."

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Really? I disagree. I doubt if we lose against the ravens next year we'll be pointing to this game saying, "man if we'd only beat the ravens, this team would be playing with much more confidence this year."
But ending a heck of a season with a win against a team who I think is going to win the SB goes a LONG WAY this off-season.

Romes
12-27-2006, 10:21 AM
But ending a heck of a season with a win against a team who I think is going to win the SB goes a LONG WAY this off-season.

good point but winning with guys on the field that'll play next year will mean much more than winning with guys that won't be on the team next year.

If they are going to make a serious attempt to keep nate this off-season then nevermind starting Youboty but I am assuming nate is gonna be gone.

justasportsfan
12-27-2006, 10:21 AM
you want to get JP killed? .that's why you play Nall ball. If he get's hurt, he's young enough to heal right away.

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 10:22 AM
good point but winning with guys on the field that'll play next year will mean much more than winning with guys that won't be on the team next year.

If they are going to make a serious attempt to keep nate this off-season then nevermind starting Youboty but I am assuming nate is gonna be gone.
Yeah, its too bad but Nate is gone. I just hope we can get something out of him, verbal agreement or not.

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 10:23 AM
that's why you play Nall ball. If he get's hurt, he's young enough to heal right away.