PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth

OpIv37
12-26-2006, 09:04 AM
I can't believe he literally pulled Losman to the ground by the facemask- I don't recall ever seeing such a flagrant facemask penalty. Haynesworth was flat on his back and he was STILL pulling Losman down by the helmet. And the worst part is that he beat his man on the play (Gandy, I think, but it might have been Peters) and probably could have made the tackle legally- or at least slowed Losman down until someone else could play clean-up.

The guy's a straight-up dirtbag. I never believed him after the Dallas incident when he went on TV crying and said "I'm not a dirty player"- obviously, that's not true. Scumbags like him should be out of the league before they end someone's career.

BuffaloBillsStampede
12-26-2006, 11:50 AM
He was on the sideline being a complete douche bag during the game telling fans to come down and fight him and all this ****. He has a little growing up to do I would say.

Romes
12-26-2006, 11:53 AM
I would expect him to get fined for that play.

justasportsfan
12-26-2006, 11:53 AM
He was on the sideline being a complete douche bag during the game telling fans to come down and fight him .I would've accepted the offer and made a million bucks .

LtBillsFan66
12-26-2006, 12:24 PM
When you are in the heat of battle, sometimes things happen. It's easy to sit and watch on TV and say he should of did this, that and the other thing.

OpIv37
12-26-2006, 12:26 PM
When you are in the heat of battle, sometimes things happen. It's easy to sit and watch on TV and say he should of did this, that and the other thing.

he SHOULDN'T have pulled JP down to the ground with his helmet. Even after Haynesworth was laying flat on his back, you could see him still tugging at the facemask. He CLEARLY shouldn't have done that. And the refs agreed- that's why he was penalized 15 yards.

If he had made an effort to let go after grabbing it and it was a 5 yard penalty- I'd agree with you. Things happen very quickly in games and it's not possible to avoid every situation. But I've seen 15 yard facemask penalties called for significantly less than what Haynesworth did. It was an extremely dirty play.

madness
12-26-2006, 12:35 PM
he SHOULDN'T have pulled JP down to the ground with his helmet. Even after Haynesworth was laying flat on his back, you could see him still tugging at the facemask. He CLEARLY shouldn't have done that. And the refs agreed- that's why he was penalized 15 yards.

If he had made an effort to let go after grabbing it and it was a 5 yard penalty- I'd agree with you. Things happen very quickly in games and it's not possible to avoid every situation. But I've seen 15 yard facemask penalties called for significantly less than what Haynesworth did. It was an extremely dirty play.

I agree completely and it was totally uncalled for. He had every intention of holding on until the last possible moment.

njsue
12-26-2006, 12:55 PM
I can't believe he literally pulled Losman to the ground by the facemask- I don't recall ever seeing such a flagrant facemask penalty. Haynesworth was flat on his back and he was STILL pulling Losman down by the helmet. And the worst part is that he beat his man on the play (Gandy, I think, but it might have been Peters) and probably could have made the tackle legally- or at least slowed Losman down until someone else could play clean-up.

The guy's a straight-up dirtbag. I never believed him after the Dallas incident when he went on TV crying and said "I'm not a dirty player"- obviously, that's not true. Scumbags like him should be out of the league before they end someone's career.

He is just another one of the NFL's most dirty players. :mad: