PDA

View Full Version : Winners want the football

RedEyE
12-26-2006, 10:30 AM
I think Lindell had a great season this year but I'm still not sure he's right for this team. Basically, in my mind, he pussied out in not taking the kick Sunday and I don't fault Jauron for not making him try anyway. Who the hell wants a fraidycat ***** handling the most important Bills play of the season?

I don't care if it was cat V hurricane winds bursting through the Ralph on Sunday. A good kicker will step up to the plate and make the kick when asked. I'd of had more respect for the guy if he squared up and missed it then just flat out told the coach he can't do it.

I've seen a 50/50 rookie kicker nail a 62 yard field goal to win a game this season. Adam Vinaterri has made several kicks in blustery winds and snow. Several which propelled his team to Super Bowl championships.

Bottom line is that winners want the football. Plain and simple. Winners take their God given talents and give it their best effort.

Then you have players like Lindell who puss out when relied on the most. The guy has one job to do and gets paid several 100's of thousands of dollars a year to do it.

I for one will not be dissappointed if he's not in Buffalo next season.

LtBillsFan66
12-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Lindell is great (from close range).

RedEyE
12-26-2006, 10:33 AM
They signed this guy to make these kicks in Buffalo in these types of situations. If he can't do it he doesn't belong here. Go kick in Dallas under a dome stadium. Buffalo's not the place for you.

The last buffalo fan
12-26-2006, 10:33 AM
He is clearly backing his coach's desicion, so please **** off, I mean back off. :snicker:

RedEyE
12-26-2006, 10:39 AM
He is clearly backing his coach's desicion, so please **** off, I mean back off. :snicker:

That's it. I'm calling INS.

The last buffalo fan
12-26-2006, 10:41 AM
That's it. I'm calling INS.

:bringit: Speddy Gonzalez is my cousin.

Kerr
12-26-2006, 10:41 AM
So which is it? It's either jauron's fault for not making him go out there to try or lindells fault for wussing out and not having enough confidence in his leg to kick the **** out of the ball. I mean if jp feels he can throw the ball through the "hawk"...

Put it to you this way, matt bryant kicked a 60 plus fg not too long ago to beat the Eagles I believe. When was the last time matt bryant attempted fg's out of his range? He went for it because if it meant getting the team the win he had to try. It doesn't matter whether it was windy or not. Wth is that, "no coach it's out of my range."?

HHURRICANE
12-26-2006, 10:44 AM
This is Jauron's fault. You can't find out on 4th and 5 that your kicker can't make the kick. Than you called the wrong plays on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down!! Jauron has coached very well this year but he blew it yesterday. We had a chance to win this game with great field psoition and plenty of time on the clock.

The last buffalo fan
12-26-2006, 10:47 AM
My wife was in a hurry, so I decided to record the game and help her at home. i was trying to not watch the score updates, but suddenly I heard it and went to the computer to find out that we got the ball back, with 1:56 to go in the game. After watching our field position and the side of the field we had, I realized that no way in the entire world, I would ask for the kicker, any kicker in the league, to try the field goal. Finally it was ONLY 5 yards to go. Now, you know the damn story, if only our Oline could hold for ONE more second!!!!!!

This was an exciting season, :gobills:

RedEyE
12-26-2006, 10:55 AM
So which is it? It's either jauron's fault for not making him go out there to try or lindells fault for wussing out and not having enough confidence in his leg to kick the **** out of the ball. I mean if jp feels he can throw the ball through the "hawk"...

Put it to you this way, matt bryant kicked a 60 plus fg not too long ago to beat the Eagles I believe. When was the last time matt bryant attempted fg's out of his range? He went for it because if it meant getting the team the win he had to try. It doesn't matter whether it was windy or not. Wth is that, "no coach it's out of my range."?

It falls on Lindell IMO. Jauron wouldn't put JP on the field of he came up to him just before the game to tell him that he didn't think he could throw today.

RedEyE
12-26-2006, 10:58 AM
This is Jauron's fault. You can't find out on 4th and 5 that your kicker can't make the kick. Than you called the wrong plays on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down!! Jauron has coached very well this year but he blew it yesterday. We had a chance to win this game with great field psoition and plenty of time on the clock.

Obviously you play to win the game and if that means getting with in field postion to make a game winning kick then so be it. 45 yards if far in that wind, granted, but I've never heard of a kicker telling his coach he couldn't do it. I mean, how would you feel at that point. You're obviously not going to put the game in his hands right then and there. The next best thing is to get JP out there and attmept something better. I have no respect for Lindell.