PDA

View Full Version : Screw special teams players!!

HHURRICANE
12-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Okay, enough already. Every starter on this team can play special teams. PERIOD.

I don't give a crap if someone who sucks can play special teams. Andre Davis - Good Bye!! Coy Wire - Good Bye!! Josh Stamer - Good Bye!! Guess what Nate Clements is the best returner we have. Jason Peters was a monster on special teams. Only the losers, not starters, play on special teams. We have enough losers for special teams.

We need players!!!!!

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Steve Tasker sucked! He should have never been in the NFL!

Look, the back-up players most valuable contributions come on special teams. What WR would have helped on offense more than Andre Davis? Nobody, because Davis barely played.

With Marv as GM, special teams will continue to ba an important factor for this team.

HHURRICANE
12-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Steve Tasker sucked! He should have never been in the NFL!

Look, the back-up players most valuable contributions come on special teams. What WR would have helped on offense more than Andre Davis? Nobody, because Davis barely played.

With Marv as GM, special teams will continue to ba an important factor for this team.

Steve Tasker could catch a pass. Something Davis has been unable to do!

I'm talking about the fact that there are people on this roster that are here because we don't have enough talent. Than everyone gives them a pass because they play special teams. If you haven't realized we aren't in the playoffs and are a special teams have been top 5! Maybe time to de-empasize just a little and build on the other areas!!

The_Philster
12-26-2006, 11:19 AM
and if the players who are here as backups are solid on defense or offense but suck on special teams never, or almost never, play EXCEPT on special teams..what then? Let our special teams blow just for an extra play or two on offense or defense if we're lucky?

HHURRICANE
12-26-2006, 11:21 AM
and if the players who are here as backups are solid on defense or offense but suck on special teams never, or almost never, play EXCEPT on special teams..what then? Let our special teams blow just for an extra play or two on offense or defense if we're lucky?

????????? I'm not sure what you just said??????????:candle:

The_Philster
12-26-2006, 11:32 AM
You're saying screw the special teams :shakeno: The reason we have players here who are more average on offense and defense but solid on special teams is because special teams is where they'll see a great majority of their action.
Sacrificing the special teams for an extra good play or two in other areas is counter-productive. Ok, maybe your backup S Joe Schmoe made a tackle on D that Coy Wire would've missed...but what about that block he missed on special teams that would've allowed TMac to break a big return for a TD? The block that Wire would've made...backups play primarily on special teams but hurting one area of the team to maybe help out another even less...short-sighted

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-27-2006, 06:28 AM

I completely agree with Philster here...I seem to remember the Bills have some terrible years on special teams following the Music City mirage...and it bit them in the a** nearly every game. Of course, you want solid backups, but they are backups...if they don;t have an additional upside (i.e. special teams play) then cut 'em. Otherwise, keep 'em.