PDA

View Full Version : Bunch Of Quitters!!!

Michael82
03-04-2003, 02:43 PM
St. Bonaventure announced Tuesday that it will forgo the remaining games on its men's basketball schedule at Massachusetts on Wednesday at home against Dayton on Saturday.

St. Bonaventure's players and coaches did not board their charter bus to Amherst, Mass., on Tuesday after holding a meeting to decide whether they wanted to continue their season. A day earlier, the program was told it must forfeit six Atlantic 10 victories for using an ineligible player.

"We are extremely disappointed that St. Bonaventure has taken this action," Atlantic 10 commissioner Linda Bruno said in a statement. "The Atlantic 10 Presidents Council will discuss the university's decision at their April 1 meeting."

The Atlantic 10 barred the Bonnies from participating in the conference's postseason tournament after stripping them of the six wins.

St. Bonaventure's games have been in question since last week when the school declared junior center Jamil Terrell ineligible for failing to meet NCAA junior college transfer guidelines. The Associated Press reported that school officials, who said they were petitioning the A-10 to have Terrell reinstated, declined to say what guidelines he might have failed to meet.
http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/2003/0304/1517900.html

-------------------------------------------
This really pisses me off. I know how pissed the players must be feeling about this whole thing...but you shouldn't quit the season for that! :angry:

Michael82
03-04-2003, 02:46 PM
This is a slap in the face to the school, the fans, and everyone who ever supported this team. :madcurse:

NC-BILLS44
03-04-2003, 02:46 PM
What is a Bonnie anyway? Sounds like their a bunch of women.

Michael82
03-04-2003, 02:49 PM
LOL! They certainly seem like a bunch of little girls now. :lol:

Earthquake Enyart
03-04-2003, 02:50 PM
They are probably glued to their computers watching zone survivor.

Bulldog
03-04-2003, 02:51 PM
WAY TO SET A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THE TEAM AND THE COMMUNITY!! THEY ARE SENDING A MESSAGE, IF YOU ARE FACED WITH ADVERSITY, QUIT IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS PROBABLY THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD. I AM PISSED, AND I DON'T EVEN ROOT FOR THEM.

Michael82
03-04-2003, 02:55 PM
I know...I'm not a Bonnie fan...I prefer Syracuse. :D

BUT...this whole freaking thing makes me pissed and as a sports fan, I'm outraged. Anyone who can just leave the town and quit the sport is a wuss and doesn't deserve to be on the team. :madcurse:

Ebenezer
03-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
This is a slap in the face to the school, the fans, and everyone who ever supported this team. :madcurse:

:calm:

:calm:

Mikey, this is way bigger than you think.

The slap in the face was hiring Van Brada Koff instead of Bob Lanier Jr. The slide started that day...The season and possibly the program is screwed. Those kids have nothing to play for and no motivation right now. Those who remain behind have been sold down the river. If they transfer they will have to sit out a year and no matter what they are tainted. They are victims (too strong of a word); not quitters.

This involved the University President, his son and the coach. Stay tuned. The AD even got a screwing. Wait til the NCAA gets their hands on this one. Death penalty will not be invoked but it will be pretty close. You think the fans are hurt now?? Wait.

Ebenezer
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
What is a Bonnie anyway? Sounds like their a bunch of women.

They used to be the Brown Indians...they had to go PC...the other nickname was the Bonnies cause it was short for Bonaventure...so they adopted that.

Earthquake Enyart
They probably didn't feel like getting out of bed.

Michael82
03-04-2003, 02:57 PM
However...I will say that many people in this school should lose their job for this. STARTING at the TOP!!!

FIRE the President, Coach, Scouts and all the coaching staff.

clumping platelets
03-04-2003, 03:03 PM
I agree with Eb :eek:

The players are victims in this. they play no role in the admissions process but they are gonna pay the price.

Bulldog
03-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Let's go Cuse'. I hope they kick the $@!t of ND tonight.

Michael82
03-04-2003, 03:08 PM
I just surprised that no one has talked about this on any of our forums. It's all that WNSA keeps talking about.

Michael82
03-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Yeah...me too, Bulldog! :up:

Ebenezer
03-04-2003, 03:54 PM
'Cause until Galisano buys the Sabres or the Bills make a FA move there is nothing to talk about.

ublinkwescore
03-04-2003, 05:22 PM
...Man, what a let down, I thought this thread was gonna be about Alcoholics Anonymous.

Who is Galisano?

Would he move the team?