PDA

View Full Version : How to build the Bills into a dynasty for Dummies...

alohabillsfan
12-26-2006, 12:47 PM
First I will start with the defense...

GONE- Spikes= Trade to Detroit for DT S. Rodgers (approx same cap#)
GONE- Clements= Can't overpay for his services
GONE- Anderson Replaced by Rodgers
GONE- Fletcher= wrong side of 30 to be building dynasty!
GONE- Kelsay- Replaced by Smith

Sign- Justin Smith Bengals LDE Better pass rusher and run stopper!
Sign- Lance Briggs OLB Bears Replace Spikes
Sign Harper CB Colts Replace Clements

Offense

GONE- Villarrial= Who cares
GONE- Reyes = See above
GONE- S. Williams = See above
GONE- Shelton = Easily replaced
GONE= Holcomb = Look for upgrade
GONE= A. Davis = ST player only need upgrade
GONE- K Everett TE=He's a penalty waiting to happen!

Re-sign- Gandy
Extend Losman
Sign- G E. Stienbach Bengals
Sign TE E. Johnson SF
Trade Willis to NYJ for 2nd round pick (they have 2 and a need at rb, win win!)

NOW FOR THE DRAFT

Now assume we are drafting around 15...

RD1 RB Marshawn Lynch Cal. Can run, (fast) catch and throw, sounds like LT!
RD2 OT - Doug Free 6-6, 305 Challenge for RT
RD2 WR Dwayne Bowe LSU #2/3 WR
RD3 ILB - Brandon Siler FLA Fletchers replacement
RD4 RB - Lorenzo Booker FSU S. Williams upgrade
RD6 FB - Brian Leonard Rutgers D. Shelton Replacement
RD7 BPA

Special Teams - Resign Lindell! DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 YEARS!

OpIv37
12-26-2006, 12:58 PM
there's some good stuff in there, but the whole thing is probably a little more Madden than real life NFL.

alohabillsfan
12-26-2006, 01:03 PM
there's some good stuff in there, but the whole thing is probably a little more Madden than real life NFL.

It is fantasy land, dam OP always peeing on someones parade, seriously what do you think the Bills could accomplish? what is far fetched? I think the hardest part could be stienbach but i do not know their cap sit etc...

RedEyE
12-26-2006, 01:08 PM
I understand your motivation, but I don't think the Bills are that far off that they need make that many changes to the team.

I think an upgrade in the interior line increases McGahee's performance 10 fold (I agree with adding Steinbach). As well as it increses Losman's ability to find the TE. Cieslak and Royal seem capable for the TE position.

If you get rid of Spikes, you can't then get rid of Fletcher. That's way too much experience in talent flying the coupe. With that being said, I'm OK with letting Spikes go. We have some talent at the OLB position and I don't think we require his services any longer. I also don't think he fits this defense very well to be honest with you.

Keep Fletcher. He might have some age on him, but his performance this year clearly indicates that he has much to offer. He deserves the money and a new contract with the Bills until the very end of his days.

I think we need to get a run stuffing DT in here, but the FA pool is thin in 2007. NT Ian Scott would fit rather nicely, but will not easily be obtained. More than likely, we will advance with what we have . And I think that the DL actually improved this season despite having issues stopping the run.

I'd like to see the Bills offer Clements a nice contract, I just don't see him signing one here. In the case that he goes eleswhere, we look to the 1st round of the draft to upgrade his position. It's happen with Jeff Burris, and Antoine Winfield. We can do the same with Clements leaving One Bills Drive. Youboty has much to learn and even more to prove.

I can agree with keeping Gandy. But his pay needs to come down a bit for a right tackle. If he can't accept that, there is a RT or two availble in FA that can fill the role nicely. Still I'd rather not upset the continuity that he's developed with the Losman and the OL. Again, increasing the interior OL will aide where he is defecient.

I'm all for getting rid of Villreal, Reyes, and Everrett. There services are no longer required. Shelton can be easily replaced with a 4th or 5th round rookie.

I like Davis despite having only particpated in STs. Even still, the guy is a hard worker and has helped Buffalo considerably on ST this season. Keep him. If you need to axe another WR, look no further then Sam Aiken.

OpIv37
12-26-2006, 01:19 PM
It is fantasy land, dam OP always peeing on someones parade, seriously what do you think the Bills could accomplish? what is far fetched? I think the hardest part could be stienbach but i do not know their cap sit etc...

anything that involves a trade is really grasping at straws in the NFL.

The CB market is thin, so there will probably be a bidding war for Harper.

we need interior OL more than OT's.

Philagape
12-26-2006, 01:25 PM
If I'm Detroit, no way I'd trade Rogers for Spikes. Rogers is three years younger, and Spikes is damaged goods.

alohabillsfan
12-26-2006, 01:33 PM
If I'm Detroit, no way I'd trade Rogers for Spikes. Rogers is three years younger, and Spikes is damaged goods.

Rodgers is like Hargrove and has had a falling out with the coaching staff, once a rumor not so long ago of cutting him, I believe that they will move him for just about anything!

alohabillsfan
12-26-2006, 01:38 PM
anything that involves a trade is really grasping at straws in the NFL.

The CB market is thin, so there will probably be a bidding war for Harper.

we need interior OL more than OT's.

True about the trade ... if you were the Jets would you give Buffalo one of your 2 2nd rounders for a guy that kills you in Willis? If not the Jets then hopefully someones 2nd rounder, I just don't believe that he will stay in Buffalo so might as well trade him before we lose him and get a rookie (acually 2 in the plan) to continue building this offense. If you look at the rams offense (fairchilds) we need a more explosive and dangerous (receiving) back.

I agree 100% with interior if we do not get Stienbach or suitable upgrade for RG then inot the draft we go .

Pinkerton Security
12-26-2006, 01:43 PM
First I will start with the defense...

GONE- Spikes= Trade to Detroit for DT S. Rodgers (approx same cap#)
GONE- Clements= Can't overpay for his services
GONE- Anderson Replaced by Rodgers
GONE- Fletcher= wrong side of 30 to be building dynasty!
GONE- Kelsay- Replaced by Smith

Sign- Justin Smith Bengals LDE Better pass rusher and run stopper!
Sign- Lance Briggs OLB Bears Replace Spikes
Sign Harper CB Colts Replace Clements

Offense

GONE- Villarrial= Who cares
GONE- Reyes = See above
GONE- S. Williams = See above
GONE- Shelton = Easily replaced
GONE= Holcomb = Look for upgrade
GONE= A. Davis = ST player only need upgrade
GONE- K Everett TE=He's a penalty waiting to happen!

Re-sign- Gandy
Extend Losman
Sign- G E. Stienbach Bengals
Sign TE E. Johnson SF
Trade Willis to NYJ for 2nd round pick (they have 2 and a need at rb, win win!)

NOW FOR THE DRAFT

Now assume we are drafting around 15...

RD1 RB Marshawn Lynch Cal. Can run, (fast) catch and throw, sounds like LT!
RD2 OT - Doug Free 6-6, 305 Challenge for RT
RD2 WR Dwayne Bowe LSU #2/3 WR
RD3 ILB - Brandon Siler FLA Fletchers replacement
RD4 RB - Lorenzo Booker FSU S. Williams upgrade
RD6 FB - Brian Leonard Rutgers D. Shelton Replacement
RD7 BPA

Special Teams - Resign Lindell!

Heres what I dont think is possible in this scenario:

Spikes for Rogers straight up? Spikes is 3 years older and is much less valuable, plus they drafted Ernie Sims and have Boss Bailey on the other side. I dont see this as ever even being possible, not without adding a couple picks.

Signing Justin Smith: possible, but I dont see how he is much better than Denney or Kelsay. He is a better run stopper, so I suppose this could be a good signing.

I doubt the bears dont re-sign Lance Briggs, seeing as how he is possibly better than Urlacher.

As for trading McGahee to the Jets, I dont know how happy they are with Leon Washington, but he has been a solid contributor and has wheels. Also, RB's are a dime a dozen, and McGahee unfortunately isnt even in the top dozen in the NFL, IMO, so I doubt he earns a 2nd rounder even if they do trade.

Other than the fact that these things arent really possible, IMO, this scenario is money. I would LOVE to get Lynch at RB, he is a stud. Should any one of these things happen, I would be extremely happy. Plus I played against Brian Leonard in HS, so I would love to see him on the Bills, not to mention the fact that he is a DAMN good player that is actually a weapon on Offense.

ShadowHawk7
12-26-2006, 06:18 PM
I almost hate to say it Aloha, but I REALLY like your offseason plans. I would not sign Smith, keep Kelsay and Fletcher, but other than that, I hope it goes that well.

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Damn, this is going to be a long and boring offseason.

Devin
12-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Right idea. Poor execution.

What do you think it will cost to sign Smith, Harper, Briggs, Steinbach? Briggs and Steinbach alone could cost 25-40 mil apiece.

You're aware of Rogers current contract numbers right?

Its far more likely we are drafting around 17-20, and while im a fan of Lynch's i think he will be gone.

I dont think we need quite that many changes.

Forward_Lateral
12-27-2006, 06:09 AM
If the Bills get Shaun Rogers for Takeo Spikes, I'll eat my shoe laces.

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 10:01 AM
There is no way Detroit trades away their young, all-pro DT for our old, washed up LB.

IAG
12-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Dynasty? How about getting over 500 first...

alohabillsfan
12-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Dynasty? How about getting over 500 first...

True, good one, this was just one of those dreaming off-season threads!

alohabillsfan
12-27-2006, 10:59 AM
By the way Marv is following the my plan he is just working from the bottom up!

IAG
12-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Fair enough. I thought there was a good effort put into this thread...unlike some others on this site.

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Fair enough. I thought there was a good effort put into this thread...unlike some others on this site.
Who are you? If you think the threads are so bad why don't you contribute and show us what good threads are all about.

streetkings01
12-27-2006, 11:37 AM
The only problem I see with your post is Leonard is a sure fire 1st day pick. He will not last until the 2nd day!

IAG
12-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Why can't I have an opinion that many takes on this site are near-sighted and stink out load, gr8slayer? Look at some these that are on the site right now...London Fletcher=Drew Bledsoe. What is that? Or fire Dick Jauron? Those are complete stupid posts that idiotic nature.

alohabillsfan
12-27-2006, 05:58 PM
The only problem I see with your post is Leonard is a sure fire 1st day pick. He will not last until the 2nd day!

Yep, upon further review 3rd earliest most likley 4th.