PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve games

The_Philster
12-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Forked from: Bills game moved to 4:15 pm (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1784224)

The NFL doesn't care about its fans though. If it did it wouldn't have scheduled all those games on Christmas Eve.A lot of people have *****ed about this this year..I can't say for sure since the Search function is out...but I don't remember a lot of *****ing like this last year...when they had 13 games on Christmas Eve as opposed to the 12 we had this year. Why is that? Because our game was on the road last year? :scratch:
Just curious

Jan Reimers
12-26-2006, 04:41 PM
The Christmas Eve home games are tough on those of us who travel from out of town, because we can't just go home after the game and enjoy the evening like the local people can.

I wouldn't mind Christmas Eve games at the Ralph if I lived in the Buffalo area.

Historian
12-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Did you come up for Tennessee Jan?

RockStar36
12-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Forked from: Bills game moved to 4:15 pm (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1784224)

A lot of people have *****ed about this this year..I can't say for sure since the Search function is out...but I don't remember a lot of *****ing like this last year...when they had 13 games on Christmas Eve as opposed to the 12 we had this year. Why is that? Because our game was on the road last year? :scratch:
Just curious

Last year games were moved to Christmas Eve because Christmas was on Sunday. It was pretty much the only option the NFL had at the time. I think when you think about things like that, it seems more acceptable. This year they could have moved the games to Saturday (like last year) and avoided poor attendance numbers.

The NFL is getting out of control. All these stupid Thursday and Saturday games are taking away from what made the NFL great.

Historian
12-27-2006, 07:28 AM
Jan...oh Jan.....?????

Michael82
12-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Last year games were moved to Christmas Eve because Christmas was on Sunday. It was pretty much the only option the NFL had at the time. I think when you think about things like that, it seems more acceptable. This year they could have moved the games to Saturday (like last year) and avoided poor attendance numbers.

The NFL is getting out of control. All these stupid Thursday and Saturday games are taking away from what made the NFL great.
:bf1:

Michael82
12-27-2006, 08:06 AM
I originally had a problem with the Christmas Eve game, because we have family functions on Christmas Eve evening, but I made it home in time for our Christmas Eve Mass and to have Christmas with one side of my family. So it's all good for me. :up:

The key is to get out of the stadium as fast as you can and beat all the people to your car. If you beat the crowd, you beat the traffic and can get home with no problem. Of course, you do have to go a little fast on the Thruway. :ontome:

I was home in Rochester by 5:45pm. :D

Jan Reimers
12-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Did you come up for Tennessee Jan?
No, it's the only home game we missed. We had an open house on Saturday, and enjoyed Christmas here with the family.

LtFinFan66
12-27-2006, 10:21 AM
could have been worse....could have been Christmas Day