PDA

View Full Version : I hate to bring up officiating, but. . .

TigerJ
12-26-2006, 04:41 PM
On WGR today Joe Delamaleure said there was obvious pass interference on Buffalo's 4th down desperation play late in the 4th quarter, that Josh Reed was in a position to make the catch and was going for the ball, but was prevented from doing so by the Tennessee DBs. Since I couldn't see the game, I am just curious if others saw that, and if so, how blatant was it. Did the refs manage to influence the outcome of another game?

The_Philster
12-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah..there have been a bunch of people bringing that play up. It was basically run like a Hail Mary pass....everyone was sent down to the end zone area for some stupid reason.
The only way a pass interference is called on a hail mary is if the official on the spot's name is Terry McAuley (the idiot who flagged T Smith for Pass Int in the "Just Give It To Them" game)

RockStar36
12-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I yelled out pass interference when the play happened, but when people didn't get pissed off like I did I figured maybe I was just seeing things. I've yet to see any highlights from the game for confirmation.

Drive 4 Five
12-26-2006, 05:15 PM
No offense but why is it always someone else's fault that we lost? It was the refs or the play was illegal or the opponent is favored by the league or maybe we lost because the league wants to get back at Ralph for complaining. It is always something.

Why even bring this up? Who cares? It changes nothing. I really hate that. The truth is, this team has made an art form out of breaking the hearts of their fans. They had more than enough opportunities to get it done and they failed. Please don't bring the refs into the equation.

The last buffalo fan
12-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Tiger, you can watch the highlights at :

http://buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.html

That's what I saw there, a clearly pass interference, in our own yard and it wasn't called it.

Right, this changes nothing but it is now like damn curse for us, yet another call against us. :ill:

madness
12-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Wow.. that's the first time I saw that and that was so ****ing deliberate! The defender even knew it because he tried to turn his head around at the same time.

YardRat
12-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Add it to the list.

madness
12-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah..there have been a bunch of people bringing that play up. It was basically run like a Hail Mary pass....everyone was sent down to the end zone area for some stupid reason.
The only way a pass interference is called on a hail mary is if the official on the spot's name is Terry McAuley (the idiot who flagged T Smith for Pass Int in the "Just Give It To Them" game)

Sorry Phil, but you can stop that "hail mary" argument now. The video clearly shows Reed slanting across the middle before getting laid out. In fact if you slow the video down you can see Reed going across the field just as JP stops to throw.

If you compare it to the NFL.com video it comes even more blatent. There's a ref in endzone at an angle that has a perfect view of the crime. There's also one on the sideline watching the whole thing go down. I'm glad these guys are cops!

The_Philster
12-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Sorry Phil, but you can stop that "hail mary" argument now. The video clearly shows Reed slanting across the middle before getting laid out. In fact if you slow the video down you can see Reed going across the field just as JP stops to throw.

If you compare it to the NFL.com video it comes even more blatent. There's a ref in endzone at an angle that has a perfect view of the crime. There's also one on the sideline watching the whole thing go down. I'm glad these guys are cops!
slanting or running a go route...point was...all the WRs were down near the goal line...like in a Hail Mary play...let's not get overly picky about semantics even though I do at times :snicker:

RockStar36
12-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Were they just running deep because JP was running for his life the minute he snapped the ball?

Spiderweb
12-26-2006, 10:04 PM
slanting or running a go route...point was...all the WRs were down near the goal line...like in a Hail Mary play...let's not get overly picky about semantics even though I do at times :snicker:

Pass interrference all the way. Absolutely no doubt. Intentional to boot. No call, game over. Still doesn't make me feel any better.......

Yet, what really pissed me off was how crappy our D played. They should all be hanging their heads in shame and that lazy, brain dead play by Royal?.

Come to think of it, as has been the case all year long, a play here and a play there, this team coulda...shoulda....

Ah crap....

7-8 record.

Sucks, yeah, and it could have been 2001 all over again but Levy and Jauron did a solid job in putting a younger team in a position to win. Last three losses by a total of 5 points though... Damn!!!!!

One more week and our off season begins early again....

Typ0
12-26-2006, 10:12 PM
the officiating sucks. But keep throwing your money into the NFL coffers and they don't give a crap.

Scumbag College
12-26-2006, 11:00 PM
I was in the sixth row of section 106...my buddy and I were screaming about it as soon as it happened. I thought I saw a flag, but someone threw something on the field and a security guard crawled out and got it. They then showed it on the big screen and the crowd gasped. Reed went up for the ball and looked like he had a really good chance to make it, but I think it was number 24 whom just shoved Reed right in his chest, shoving him away from the ball taking him out of the play.

I honestly thought I was missing something, but the talking heads on both postgame shows didn't say a peep duriing what I heard from both broadcasts. I couldn't bring myself to watch ESPN when I got home to see if those idiots said anything.

njsue
12-26-2006, 11:18 PM
I have a name for officials that make bad calls..

Bone headed foot ball zebras.

BILLSROCK1212
12-26-2006, 11:41 PM
if we win and everything else goes in favor of us making the playoffs if we wud've beaten the Titans i will be more pissed than i am now and ive never felt worse as a football fan but i prob wud've after that Noorwood kick if i wudve even been old enough to care about football......just wonderin how did it feel watching that kick go wide right for those who saw it?

TigerJ
12-27-2006, 10:50 AM
No offense but why is it always someone else's fault that we lost? It was the refs or the play was illegal or the opponent is favored by the league or maybe we lost because the league wants to get back at Ralph for complaining. It is always something.

Why even bring this up? Who cares? It changes nothing. I really hate that. The truth is, this team has made an art form out of breaking the hearts of their fans. They had more than enough opportunities to get it done and they failed. Please don't bring the refs into the equation.
There were many factors leading to a Bills loss. You are right in that the play of the Bills put the game in a position where the officials' decision or lack thereof could have an impact on the result. The Bills should have done a number of things differently. Royal should have gotten both feet down just for an example. Poor officiating does not excuse poor play by the Bills, and poor play by the Bills doesn't excuse poor officiating. My intent in starting the thread was not to whine and complain, but just to get some other eyewitness accounts, to fine out what people saw.