You want to know the biggest bust on our team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

You want to know the biggest bust on our team?

Willis McGahee. He needs 33 yards to reach the 1000 yd mark which is pretty pathetic for a fourth year veterand who is a former first round draft pick. If anyone on this team should be considered a bust it is Willis McGahee.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: You want to know the biggest bust on our team?

pretty sad that there is QBs going to finish with more rushing yards than WM.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Typ0
      pretty sad that there is QBs going to finish with more rushing yards than WM.
      yea, Vick got it a week before McGahee might

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

You guys are wrong.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
          You guys are wrong.
          back it up

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

I said it when he was drafted...the upgrade wasn't that great...

Think about it. Keep Henry and draft Steinbach. I think that combo would have been better than what we have.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
              back it up
              Okay, look at our run game when Willis isn't in there. Furthermore, look at our whole offenses production as a whole when Willis is absent! It isn't pretty. When A-Train started he averaged under 3.0 ypc. This indicates that Willis is producing while other RB's simply aren't able to do so.

Lastly, I just want to point out a double standard. How come JP got the benefit of the doubt when it comes to our OL and Willis didn't? To touch on this further, look at how many times Losman has been sacked! ( 44 times which is 3rd in the NFL.. ) I believe we have a good RB and a good QB in Losman and Willis.. It is our OL that needs to be revamped. But half of you fans don't see this.. You see a RB or a QB get tackled in the backfield and it's all their fault. Nobody ever mentions the missed blocks that happen on a regular basis.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Some say the O-line is to blame for Wilis' mediocre season, but any RB can produce behind a good o-line. Guys like Ladell Betts and Ron Dayne and Artose Pinner are having games as good as Willis has had all year. I thought Willis was supposed to be special, but if he needs the line to open big holes for him to get even four yards a carry, then there's nothing special about him.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Philagape
                  Some say the O-line is to blame for Wilis' mediocre season, but any RB can produce behind a good o-line. Guys like Ladell Betts and Ron Dayne and Artose Pinner are having games as good as Willis has had all year. I thought Willis was supposed to be special, but if he needs the line to open big holes for him to get even four yards a carry, then there's nothing special about him.
                  Thank you,

I'm not proclaiming Willis to be a savior.. I'm simply implying that many of you guys are harping on him and underestimating his capabilities due to overreaction. He is averaging 3.9 ypc behind a crap OL and he has 6-7 TD's.. NOT BAD.. That isn't mediocre in my book. Look at some of the 'top' RB's and look at the OL that they play behind! Look at LT, LJ, Portis, Barber, Jackson, and Taylor. Then take a look at Edgerrin James and look at what kind of a season he has had since leaving Indy. Many of you guys are falling into the media trap in which they proclaim skill position players as something more than they actually are.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

IMO, he is too fragile and has not produced numbers that greater than Henry to have warrented the 23rd pick...I'll make a prediction now...after 2007 WM will be a free agent...look for a monster year next year from him.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

I'm not impressed with him at all.

1000 yards in 16 games is nothing special.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Willis is a very average RB who only gets motivated against certain teams (read: the Jets). In retrospect, we should have kept Henry, a warrior who gives his all play after play.

We have bigger needs, but I wouldn't expect Willis to be here beyond 2007.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

McGahee = Harmon

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
                            McGahee = Harmon
                            I would not go that far.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i would not be surprised to see mcgahees long term replacement drafted this year if a guy happens to be on the board that the bills like.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X