PDA

View Full Version : You want to know the biggest bust on our team?

BILLSROCK1212
12-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Willis McGahee. He needs 33 yards to reach the 1000 yd mark which is pretty pathetic for a fourth year veterand who is a former first round draft pick. If anyone on this team should be considered a bust it is Willis McGahee.

Typ0
12-26-2006, 11:58 PM
pretty sad that there is QBs going to finish with more rushing yards than WM.

BILLSROCK1212
12-27-2006, 12:14 AM
pretty sad that there is QBs going to finish with more rushing yards than WM.yea, Vick got it a week before McGahee might

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2006, 12:25 AM
You guys are wrong.

BILLSROCK1212
12-27-2006, 12:27 AM
You guys are wrong.back it up

Ebenezer
12-27-2006, 12:34 AM
I said it when he was drafted...the upgrade wasn't that great...

Think about it. Keep Henry and draft Steinbach. I think that combo would have been better than what we have.

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2006, 12:39 AM
back it up

Okay, look at our run game when Willis isn't in there. Furthermore, look at our whole offenses production as a whole when Willis is absent! It isn't pretty. When A-Train started he averaged under 3.0 ypc. This indicates that Willis is producing while other RB's simply aren't able to do so.

Lastly, I just want to point out a double standard. How come JP got the benefit of the doubt when it comes to our OL and Willis didn't? To touch on this further, look at how many times Losman has been sacked! ( 44 times which is 3rd in the NFL.. ) I believe we have a good RB and a good QB in Losman and Willis.. It is our OL that needs to be revamped. But half of you fans don't see this.. You see a RB or a QB get tackled in the backfield and it's all their fault. Nobody ever mentions the missed blocks that happen on a regular basis.

Philagape
12-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Some say the O-line is to blame for Wilis' mediocre season, but any RB can produce behind a good o-line. Guys like Ladell Betts and Ron Dayne and Artose Pinner are having games as good as Willis has had all year. I thought Willis was supposed to be special, but if he needs the line to open big holes for him to get even four yards a carry, then there's nothing special about him.

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Some say the O-line is to blame for Wilis' mediocre season, but any RB can produce behind a good o-line. Guys like Ladell Betts and Ron Dayne and Artose Pinner are having games as good as Willis has had all year. I thought Willis was supposed to be special, but if he needs the line to open big holes for him to get even four yards a carry, then there's nothing special about him.

Thank you,

I'm not proclaiming Willis to be a savior.. I'm simply implying that many of you guys are harping on him and underestimating his capabilities due to overreaction. He is averaging 3.9 ypc behind a crap OL and he has 6-7 TD's.. NOT BAD.. That isn't mediocre in my book. Look at some of the 'top' RB's and look at the OL that they play behind! Look at LT, LJ, Portis, Barber, Jackson, and Taylor. Then take a look at Edgerrin James and look at what kind of a season he has had since leaving Indy. Many of you guys are falling into the media trap in which they proclaim skill position players as something more than they actually are.

Ebenezer
12-27-2006, 02:13 AM
IMO, he is too fragile and has not produced numbers that greater than Henry to have warrented the 23rd pick...I'll make a prediction now...after 2007 WM will be a free agent...look for a monster year next year from him.

Historian
12-27-2006, 05:30 AM
I'm not impressed with him at all.

1000 yards in 16 games is nothing special.

Jan Reimers
12-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Willis is a very average RB who only gets motivated against certain teams (read: the Jets). In retrospect, we should have kept Henry, a warrior who gives his all play after play.

We have bigger needs, but I wouldn't expect Willis to be here beyond 2007.

Historian
12-27-2006, 07:23 AM
McGahee = Harmon

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2006, 07:25 AM
McGahee = Harmon

I would not go that far.

Tatonka
12-27-2006, 07:27 AM
i would not be surprised to see mcgahees long term replacement drafted this year if a guy happens to be on the board that the bills like.

Goobylal
12-27-2006, 07:28 AM
Willis has missed over 2 games worth of action this year.

THATHURMANATOR
12-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Willis is not a game breaker. We should be looking to upgrade. I am not opposed to keeping him however.

alohabillsfan
12-27-2006, 08:28 AM
IF, Lynch is on the board when we draft, get him!

justasportsfan
12-27-2006, 08:36 AM
I wouldn't say he's a bust but it's looking like he was a reach if you look where he was drafted and compare it to his performance. People want to blame the OL on a rebuilding team? The same can be said about Henry.

Why is it that JP got better and Willis is regressing with a better OL? :idunno:

Willis is as average as can be. He's not getting any national attention whatsoever because he's nothing special. NO endoresements either because he's average. A workhorse, definitely. I want a race horse.
When you look at his post game interview, it was the first time that I've really seen him upset. Too late.

His agent Drew Rosenass always said, you make/restructure your contract on the field. He hasn't done it.

alohabillsfan
12-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Thank you,

I'm not proclaiming Willis to be a savior.. I'm simply implying that many of you guys are harping on him and underestimating his capabilities due to overreaction. He is averaging 3.9 ypc behind a crap OL and he has 6-7 TD's.. NOT BAD.. That isn't mediocre in my book. Look at some of the 'top' RB's and look at the OL that they play behind! Look at LT, LJ, Portis, Barber, Jackson, and Taylor. Then take a look at Edgerrin James and look at what kind of a season he has had since leaving Indy. Many of you guys are falling into the media trap in which they proclaim skill position players as something more than they actually are.

The Edge does have 130+ yards more than willis behind that crappy line.

justasportsfan
12-27-2006, 08:48 AM

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2006/regular

Crappy OL?

Check out who's started less games than Willis and is just one step down from him and is playing under Mike "abandon the run" Moolarkey.

Willis should change his tune from "I'm the best rb in the NFL" to "I'm the best average RB in the nfl"

I've always liked WIllis but I like the BILLS more and want whats best for the team.

BILLSROCK1212
12-27-2006, 11:53 AM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2006/regular

Crappy OL?

Check out who's started less games than Willis and is just one step down from him and is playing under Mike "abandon the run" Moolarkey.

Willis should change his tune from "I'm the best rb in the NFL" to "I'm the best average RB in the nfl"

I've always liked WIllis but I like the BILLS more and want whats best for the team.o and Shaun Alexander who missed about 4 games is less than 100 yards from McGahee

BILLSROCK1212
12-27-2006, 11:54 AM
IF, Lynch is on the board when we draft, get him!i dont think Lynch can be an every down back in this NFL....then again who is?

Marvelous
12-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Tighten up Bills fans!!!It's not JP, the WR's, or the O-line.. McGahee is a proven underachiever. It's like after 1-13 yards he falls down, or he's content with the run.. I just know i don't like him & my gut feeling on players on-field effort is rarely wrong.. A-train might not be the answer but i KNOW McGahee makes me mad every single game.. The sooner he's off teh team the better!!! :mad:

xXSpIkes5IXx
12-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Did everyone forget Willis missed a couple games?

If he had played in all 15 games he would most definetely be over 1100 possibly 1200 yards (because one of the games he missed was the colts game) Lay off the man, he may not be LT, but his position is not a problem area on this team.

DynaPaul
12-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Just getting to 1,000 yards is merely an average season, nothing special. Getting 1,600 yards is having a great season.

njsue
12-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Poor Oline can be linked to Willis not getting enough yards.

Before you blame the player you must look at the intial source. OFFENSIVE LINE.

mysticsoto
12-28-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm not impressed with him at all.

1000 yards in 16 games is nothing special.

He did not have 16 games, he had 14 games...he's also been playing hurt AND let's not forget that the early games had an Oline that was horrible. It wasn't until the adjustment in October...after their bye...that the Oline finally started playing better.

John Doe
12-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Just getting to 1,000 yards is merely an average season, nothing special. Getting 1,600 yards is having a great season.

Assuming Willis gets his 30+ yards this week, it will mark the third consecutive year that he has passed 1,000 yards.

How many other backs in the league have done that?

SquishDaFish
12-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Im not defending him in any means. But you guys are going overhill a little. He doesnt Suck. And it wasnt 16 games he did miss a few to injury.

Philagape
12-28-2006, 05:52 PM
I don't think "he doesn't suck" was the bar we set for him on draft day

Dozerdog
12-28-2006, 06:48 PM
He's Travis Henry without the fumbles

PECKERWOOD
12-28-2006, 07:53 PM

He is also averaging .5 less yards per carry and has 78 more attempts than Willis. In spite of getting more touches than McGahee, Edgerrin James has less touchdowns.

gr8slayer
12-28-2006, 10:15 PM
I can't argue with that.

HHURRICANE
12-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Okay, look at our run game when Willis isn't in there.

Yeah, we are 1-0. Undefeated.

gr8slayer
12-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah, we are 1-0. Undefeated.
Well 1-1 but yeah.

gr8slayer
12-28-2006, 10:23 PM
But hey in two starts Thomas has 95 yards and 109 yards.

McGahee has only two hundred yard games this year and only two other games where he even reached 90 yards.

evol4276
12-29-2006, 01:07 AM
he missed two and a half god damn games at least.. wth are you *****ing about for?

justasportsfan
12-29-2006, 09:54 AM
He did not have 16 games, he had 14 games...he's also been playing hurt AND let's not forget that the early games had an Oline that was horrible. It wasn't until the adjustment in October...after their bye...that the Oline finally started playing better.
so did he play significantly better after the bye and OL change? I don't think so.

Willis against the PAts 20 att for 70 yds. 0 TD long 15 yds.

2nd game against pats 20 att for 59 yds. 0 TD long 8 yds.

Jones-Drew against NE last sunday in his first start EVER. 19 att for 130 YDS 2 TD long 74 yds.

A rookie outperformed Willis' nos. (2 games) in one game in his first start and first game against the PAts. If that's all Willis can produce against a div. rival we're never going to beat the PAts.

I love Willis as a control type of RB WHEN YOU HAVE THE LEAD. He isn't a type of RB that GETS YOU THE LEAD and steps on your throat when you need him. For once I'd like a rb you can depend on to show up EVERY game. He doesn't have to be LT.

Look at the company he's with. His nos are not far from rookies and 2nd year rb's. He's nos. are slightly better than a teams no. 2 RB. Just like people pointed out , Vick has more yards so does Dunn. Injuries? Other rb's have been injured as well and their nos. are either better or slighlty lower. Ruben Brown is less than 100 yds and he's seen less action.

I don't know what type of contract extension he's looking for. So far he's average. Like I said, I love they was Willis plays as a CONTROL rb . I doubt any team gameplansfor him. He doesn't scare anyone except the jets.

DynaPaul
12-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Assuming Willis gets his 30+ yards this week, it will mark the third consecutive year that he has passed 1,000 yards.

How many other backs in the league have done that?

Many.

ddaryl
12-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Willis is over-rated.

He rarely dominates or dictates the direction of a game, his efforts lack any sort of consistency, and he refuses to be part of of the Buffalo Bills during the offseason.

For a running back who called himself the greatest he comes up woefully short and until WM actually dedicates himself to the Bills throughout the offseason and beyond it's hard for me to really think he's worth it.

We need to consider grooming a replacement, because WM will probably be here next year but I seriously doubt he'll be here much longer then that given his track record, agent, and questionable attitude.