PDA

View Full Version : Briere got his revenge on Alex O.- Speared him in the Balls!!

Mitchy moo
12-27-2006, 06:40 AM
They are going ape-sheet over at the caps site and sabresfans.com, wash fans want his head:

Watch it happen here (THx TO-BMN):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3DXqPnqv4&NR

http://sabresfans.proboards66.com/index.cgi?board=Sabres

:oops:

BlackMetalNinja
12-27-2006, 07:36 AM
Much better video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3DXqPnqv4&NR

Valerie
12-27-2006, 08:26 AM
That was a GREAT game!!! 6 goals in 10 minutes! AWESOME! I can't stand Brashear! I'm GLAD Peters kicked his ass! He's a very nasty player.

Valerie
12-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Does anyone have the Peters/Brashear fight?

Michael82
12-27-2006, 08:29 AM
:lmao: Payback is a *****, eh Ovechkin?

Although hitting him in the balls is a bit low. :::

SabreEleven
12-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Did Marty have to let him score on that soft goal :mad:

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Miller played last night.

I don't think he got a good look at it, as he was partially screened.

SabreEleven
12-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Oh, yea...my bad. It was stoppable. It wasn't that great of a shot.

SabreEleven
12-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Read what this ******* says

Completely agree! What a f'n cheap shot, reminds me of Whitney did to Ovey last season. Talk about being a lil biitch, I'm not surprised by it. Then when Ovey confronts him about it, he f'n turtles. What a team captain. I doubt the league will do anything about it, not even a fine because it's Buffalo. My stomach turned when I seen that. I hope Ovey lays Brier's sorry butt out.

THis is the stupidiest thing ever mumble on the internet (even stupdier than anything Church has says). Buffalo has been the sports world whipping boy for over 30 years now but according to this butt nuggett we get away with murder? The NHL will find a way to rip our hearts out in the finals against the Ducks.

SabreEleven
12-27-2006, 09:24 AM
I can't stop laugning at this guys discription of the twigs and berries

Gotta disagree. There's an unspoken rule - you don't lance a guy in the change purse. Period. Slash across the back of the knee? Fine. Crosscheck in the small of the back? If you must. But dear lord, leave a man's general and two colonels alone.

:spit:

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-27-2006, 10:22 AM
I can't argue with the term "payback is a *****" here. But to hit a man there? The difference with the cheap shots, Briere will be suspended and Ovechkin slapped on the wrist.

JD
12-27-2006, 10:57 AM
I CANT STOP LAUGHING AHAHAHHAH!! AWESOME!!

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2006, 10:58 AM
I CANT STOP LAUGHING AHAHAHHAH!! AWESOME!!

And if somebody did that to a Sabre you would be screaming.
Sorry, but I can't condone a cheap shot no matter who is the receipient, especially in the jewels. Although, he may have been aiming for the gut, it is not needed.

And the NHL should fine him $1,000 and do nothing else.

JD
12-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I can't argue with the term "payback is a *****" here. But to hit a man there? The difference with the cheap shots, Briere will be suspended and Ovechkin slapped on the wrist.
You seem to think like the NHL..

Briere could have been paralyzed and drinking from a straw for the rest of his life if his head was a few more inches to the right, before hitting the boards.

But he hits Ovechkin in the balls and everyone cries murder?? Pleasseeee tell me youre joking. "But to hit a man there" Would you rather be almost paralyzed or get hit in the junk?

If I was Briere I would have done more than that!! The man has kids, and if that was me, the thought of my kids pushing me around in a wheel chair for the rest of my life would give me probable cause to ape**** on Ovechkins punk ass.

mchurchfie
12-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Did Marty have to let him score on that soft goal :mad:
???

Miller played last night.

Thank you

Oh, yea...my bad. It was stoppable. It wasn't that great of a shot.
Stupid.:ugly::shortbus:

:lolpoint:SaberEleven:ugly:

OpIv37
12-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Sometimes two wrongs DO make a right.

**** Ovechkin.

mchurchfie
12-27-2006, 11:45 AM
I love it...go Briere!!!

SkateZilla
12-27-2006, 02:11 PM
1. Briere didnt even Look At Him, but oh well, A.O. Should take it like a man... he cheap shotted briere...

$50 says Briere Gets Suspended for it...

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Peters landed some BIG shots on Brashear. :punch:

SkateZilla
12-27-2006, 02:51 PM

Peters Leveled A.O. 3 or 4 Times Too..

Valerie
12-27-2006, 02:52 PM
And for the second time, does anyone have that fight?

mchurchfie
12-27-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't but that was a good fight.:up: Brashear is one tough mf'er, Peters did good against him.:10:

mchurchfie
12-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Brashear has one big hard noggin...Peters definitely got his attention.:box:

JD
12-27-2006, 04:21 PM
When did Peters level Ovechkin? I didnt see it.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-27-2006, 04:38 PM
You seem to think like the NHL..

Briere could have been paralyzed and drinking from a straw for the rest of his life if his head was a few more inches to the right, before hitting the boards.

But he hits Ovechkin in the balls and everyone cries murder?? Pleasseeee tell me youre joking. "But to hit a man there" Would you rather be almost paralyzed or get hit in the junk?

If I was Briere I would have done more than that!! The man has kids, and if that was me, the thought of my kids pushing me around in a wheel chair for the rest of my life would give me probable cause to ape**** on Ovechkins punk ass.

I think you completely missed what I said. Oh well.

OpIv37
12-27-2006, 04:44 PM
It was a little bit of a cheap shot by Briere, but the hit by Ovechkin was dirty. If you play dirty, you become a target- either don't play dirty or take it like a man when it comes back to you.

Typ0
12-27-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm disappointed that this happened. It wouldn't bother me if Brier was suspended for ten games and fined heavily. When you do this stuff you are just stooping to their level and they are throwing our game off so they win. Teams are going to have trouble beating us and they are going to play dirty. If we fight back we are getting out of our game. Take it out on them on the scoreboard.

The_Philster
12-27-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm disappointed that this happened. It wouldn't bother me if Brier was suspended for ten games and fined heavily. When you do this stuff you are just stooping to their level and they are throwing our game off so they win. Teams are going to have trouble beating us and they are going to play dirty. If we fight back we are getting out of our game. Take it out on them on the scoreboard.
Well..I only saw the replay once...don't know what was said by Brierre about it...but it didn't look intentional.....still...deserves some kind of punishment, IMO

BADTHINGSMAN
12-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Just a stick to stick contact, whats the big deal.. :snicker:

Valerie
12-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Brashear has one big hard noggin...Peters definitely got his attention.:box:
Thanks, Churchie! :heart: Brashear is an ass. I don't like him at all. I think he's a very nasty player and I'm glad that he got his ass kicked!

When did Peters level Ovechkin? I didnt see it.
It was about half way through the first period. The refs let them both go at it for a bit. They finally stopped it when they fell to the ice. It was a GREAT fight!!!! :10:

Valerie
12-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Just a stick to stick contact, whats the big deal.. :snicker:
:snicker: The funny thing about the stick to the balls was after Ovechkin got up and got himself together, he scored a goal. lol I guess he showed Briere. lol

BADTHINGSMAN
12-27-2006, 06:36 PM
:snicker: The funny thing about the stick to the balls was after Ovechkin got up and got himself together, he scored a goal. lol I guess he showed Briere. lol

True, but Briere got the last laugh with a Sabres win over the Ovechkins,errr Capitals..

MikeInRoch
12-27-2006, 06:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ip0qkhYHsI

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2006, 06:55 PM

10 games???

Nichol was suspeneded 9 for a much worse act.

10 games would be way out of line.

Mitchy moo
12-27-2006, 08:55 PM

wow, nice. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

hammerbillsfan
12-27-2006, 09:20 PM
I think he's a very nasty player and I'm glad that he got his ass kicked!

Whose the nasty one?

Remember this incident:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-sSoF40e30

Typ0
12-27-2006, 11:07 PM
10 games???

Nichol was suspeneded 9 for a much worse act.

10 games would be way out of line.

not really....Nichol should have been suspended for 30. It's time the NHL had the balls to get this crap out of the game. They would lose about 10% of their diehard fans...and they would gain a fanbase threefold of what they have from mainstream sports fans. I hate this dirty crap and I hate the fighting.

Typ0
12-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Well..I only saw the replay once...don't know what was said by Brierre about it...but it didn't look intentional.....still...deserves some kind of punishment, IMO

it sure looked intentional to me.

CuseJetsFan83
12-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Whose the nasty one?

Remember this incident:
while i agree even goons are the victims sometimes........ brashear is a dirty player...... kinda like mcmorrow in the AHL circuit............

but, in all fairness....... at least AO got smacked in the face without a call.... thats 2 nights of "intentional" hits to AO and no calls.... maybe its sid thats the golden boy?

the hit tonight was defintely... a deliberate hit.. last night, at slow speeds looks intentional but at game speed... looks like he was just wildly swinging back

Mitchy moo
12-27-2006, 11:18 PM
I hate this dirty crap and I hate the fighting.

Without the fighting there would be no real way to offset the dirty crap, it's a chicken and egg thing. There are less refs out there to watch the game than in football and the play is very, very fast. Things happen away from the puck that have to be dealt with by force or blunt trauma, that is what keeps the real fans watching.

Typ0
12-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Without the fighting there would be no real way to offset the dirty crap, it's a chicken and egg thing. There are less refs out there to watch the game than in football and the play is very, very fast. Things happen away from the puck that have to be dealt with by force or blunt trauma, that is what keeps the real fans watching.

I disagree all the NHL needs to do is clamp down on both and they will be gone. You can't tell me there is some magic dust floating around olympic arena's that thwart the dirty crap and fighting. It's because anyone who does it is tossed from the tournament. If the NHL implements a rule that states if you fight or pull some specific dirty crap you are thrown out for the entire season see how many more fights there are.

Typ0
12-27-2006, 11:23 PM
and the fighting is BS anyway and usually has nothing to do with dirty play. Many, many of the fights are meant to slow the game down or spark up a team. What a load of crap that is...a team is losing on the scoreboard so they are going to start a fight. Maybe they should just try to score a goal. It's a very rough sport. Take out frustrations with good checking and stop sending some marginal thug player onto the ice to start a fight.

I want so see hockey not boxing.

lordofgun
12-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Looked like an accident to me!

OpIv37
12-27-2006, 11:27 PM
over the Ovechkins,errr Capitals..

damn straight- I live in the DC area and if you asked most people around here to name 3 Caps, they wouldn't be able to do it. They'd get Ovechkin and maybe Kolzig. Their stadium seats 6000 more than HSBC but they average 6000 less in attendance- the fan base isn't very strong (esp. when you consider the population around here is 3-4x the population of the Buffalo area).

SabreEleven
12-28-2006, 12:11 AM
And when you take out the fighting you'll see an enormous amount of cheap shots going on because they'll know you can't start a fight with them. Tt will be border line stuff that you won't throw some out of the league for but it will be extremely cheap. Might as well move the NHL to Europe. Fighting has it's place in hockey.

im4bflo
12-28-2006, 02:24 AM
IMO it's even up now, let's play hockey!

clumping platelets
12-28-2006, 02:37 AM
Briere barely tapped him...............proves OV is a pussy :laughing:

SkateZilla
12-28-2006, 02:43 AM
i got the whole thing on DVR (Comcast Feed), but my Tuner Card is not here (its in New York ATi Tech Support Facility getting replaced....)

clumping platelets
12-28-2006, 02:45 AM
I give OV an 8.5 for his dive

Mitchy moo
12-28-2006, 06:34 AM
I give OV an 8.5 for his dive

He gets a "A" for showmanship as well.

Mitchy moo
12-28-2006, 06:37 AM
http://andyserver.com/sabres/games/1226/sabres5.jpg

BlackMetalNinja
12-28-2006, 07:43 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/NYDH204122620_lower.jpg

Valerie
12-28-2006, 08:13 AM
You ROCK, Mike!!!! :10: :bighug: :heart: THANKS!

Valerie
12-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Whose the nasty one?

Remember this incident:
I never saw that hit. I don't follow the Caps. I only watch them if they're playing another team I like. Regardless, I still don't like Brashear.

mchurchfie
12-28-2006, 11:34 AM
I give OV an 8.5 for his diveI agree! He stood there for 5 seconds after the poke and then all of the sudden drops to the floor like a bag of rocks. He only succeeded in mading himself look like even more of a pussy instead of drawing a penalty.

mchurchfie
12-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Looked like an accident to me!Totally!:smoke:

SabreEleven
12-28-2006, 12:29 PM
I agree! He stood there for 5 seconds after the poke and then all of the sudden drops to the floor like a bag of rocks. He only succeeded in mading himself look like even more of a pussy instead of drawing a penalty.

And than jumped to feet after laying on the ice for 5 seconds. When I take a shot to the general, I'm in the bathroom taking a poop for about 20 minutes.

mchurchfie
12-28-2006, 12:34 PM
When I take a shot to the general, I'm in the bathroom taking a poop for about 20 minutes.You mean you're toy soldier, don't you?:snicker: What's his nickname, Lil' Napolean?:snicker2::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: