PDA

View Full Version : Hate to say it...but Hollis is as good as GONE...

Michael82
03-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Mike Hollis was just on WNSA and he sounded like a jerk. Hollis feels that he is one of the best kickers in this league and that he is at least better than John Hall. After the contract the Hall signed with the Redskins, Hollis wants at least that, but a little more. Hall screwed up the market for kickers. Damn Redskins! He said that The Bills pulled the offer off the table after he rejected it Friday night. Nothing more has gone on since then and he thinks it is hard to swallow that they would be so harsh towards him. He feels like the Bills made their only offer and will look at other kickers now and he will look at other teams. He also said that the ball is pretty much in the Bills' court and they have to move next. They need to submit a new offer first, before Hollis and his agent will do anything. :madcurse:

venis2k1
03-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Just give him the money, Hollis is a good kicker, and as long as he dosent want insane money, he is worth it.

justasportsfan
03-04-2003, 03:17 PM
I heard their offer was way off from Halls salary. I think TD was being too cheap in this case. Unless he knows of someone who could do better than Hollis. I know this much, there aren't that much kickers available that are as good a Hollis. Maybe TD is looking to trade for Vanderjagt. Hmmmm. Give them Watson and Robinson. :D

Maybe Jake Arians improved. Yeah right!

Michael82
03-04-2003, 03:21 PM
I agree! He proved that he can kick those long 50 yarders and can even kick in the Buffalo weather. He played for vet min last year. We owe him top 10 money this year! :D He is a damn good kicker and in the top 10. If Hall can get that big contract....we won't get anyone but a scrub for a cheaper price. Sign Hollis ASAP! Come on TD. Don't fail us now. :pray:

clumping platelets
03-04-2003, 03:22 PM
But, I find it interesting that Hollis' price has likely gone UP after Hall's deal. Bills have no control over what another team overpays a player. Also, Hall can at least kick the ball to the goalline on kickoffs :rolleyes:
Hall is younger and TD may not be interested in a 5 yr deal for Hollis because of his age.

Romes
03-04-2003, 03:33 PM
I think we should look into Edinger from Chicago. Only problem is he is a RFA. He has experience in cold weather and is one of the best young kickers in the league right now.

Aero II
03-04-2003, 03:40 PM
What would the compensation be for Edinger? A 7th Rounder?

Romes
03-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Nope a sixth round pick but I think its worth it.

Bears | Edinger Receives Tender - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
February 26, 2003 21:07:16 PT Ken Harris, of AHS Management in Tampa, has confirmed to KFFL that the Chicago Bears have tendered PK Paul Edinger, a restricted free agent, a $605,000 tender offer. The Bears have the right of first refusal on Edinger should he receive an offer sheet from another team. Should he depart to another team, the Bears would receive a 6th round draft choice as compensation.

Michael82
03-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Actually as I look at the list....The only kickers that I would want here, might have hefty price tags too....

John Carney
Jay Feely
Paul Edinger (He is a RFA and we would owe the Bears a 6th rounder for him)
Rian Lindell (He is also a RFA)

So, I think Hollis is the best way to go. Give him a deal close to what Hall got. See what he says...if he doesn't like it...raise it a few 100,000. :D

Ebenezer
03-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
But, I find it interesting that Hollis' price has likely gone UP after Hall's deal. Bills have no control over what another team overpays a player. Also, Hall can at least kick the ball to the goalline on kickoffs :rolleyes:
Hall is younger and TD may not be interested in a 5 yr deal for Hollis because of his age.

:hail: CP...this actually makes sense...if Hollis came off as such a jerk mikey then why do you want him back...

ya know...according to WNSA Steve Christie is available....mmmmmm

Michael82
03-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Because he still is better than what is out there. He didn't sound like a total jerk...he just didn't sound like a team player or a guy that would take one for the team. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
03-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Christie can barely make 45 yard FG. If Buttler let him go then that tells you something. From what I've read Hollis feels like TD offered him a emabarrasing contract w/c is why he acts the way he does. Paying him vet min. in the first year is understandable, but I think he's garnered credit to at least have a comparable contract like Hall, even if it's less.

I wish we could get hold of the offer TD gave him. If it's reasonable, then we know why the Jaguars let him go. We know that kickers get paid alot of money for what they do. But we also know their value to a team. See Patriots.

MissBuffalo
03-04-2003, 04:30 PM
I love how Edinger kicks the FG's. With his back to the posts and then a turn around golf swing style! :up:

ArcticWildMan
03-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Hasn't Hollis been in the league long enough to fall under the Veterans salary cap exemption?

kgun12
03-04-2003, 08:53 PM
I thought during the tslk about the contract Hollis said something kinda interesting. He said that when he turned down the offer the Bills made and than countered the offer it "seem to make them (Bills, TD) mad." then he said something like I hope not cause I'd still like to be here. To me it sounded like the Bills told him no way pulled the offer and said that's that. Also sounded like Hollis didn't have as many teams interested in him as he would like us to believe, and he was upset the Bills have ended talks. Maybe it was just me, but he sounded worried.