A lot of people have thrown a lot of blame around, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

A lot of people have thrown a lot of blame around, but...

Gee, didn't anyone see the Titans run the ball down our throats at the end of the game? I thought I was back in 1973 watching Czonka run over Jim Cheyunski.

LB has gone from a position of strength to a position of weakness. All 3 of them were terrible. Plus our safety, Simpson, tackles like Marge Simpson. Whitner was nowhere to be seen either.

Until we can stop the run, we aren't going anywhere.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: A lot of people have thrown a lot of blame around, but...

Except for Whitner, I agree. He did lead the team in tackles, which is a problem in itself.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Agreed.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Run and stop the run. Best way to win.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Where were all 5 off those guys on Young's run?

Comment

• R. Rich
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
            Better yet, how is it that we get an initial hit on a RB, only to have that back move the pile ahead another 6 yards to convert yet another 3rd down? I sure hope Jauron remembers that it was Tractor Traylor and Big Ted holding it down @ DT they year he was Coach of the Year and Urlacher was Defensive Player of the Year. Then again, those guys "don't fit the scheme".

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Gee, didn't anyone see the Titans run the ball down our throats at the end of the game? I thought I was back in 1973 watching Czonka run over Jim Cheyunski.
              And yet the Bills still had a chance to tie/win the game.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I agree, EE. Our D line needs help, but our LBs - particularly with Crowell out - have been a major part of the run stopping problem, too. It leaves a couple of rookie safeties as our last line of defense, which is never a good thing.

I think Spikes has to go, and Fletch, too. I'm not as enamored of these two as a lot of Bills' fans are.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

On the other side of the field locking down their receivers. You have to give credit to Fisher and his staff. They've been slowly changing that offense to go with Young's strengths. That was a designed play giving Young the option to run if there wasn't an easy throw. A few well executed blocks and Young was able to coast in to the endzone.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

The lack of a massive run-stopping DT is what is hurting the LB's the most. Those masses of humanity are supposed to absorb the guards so the LB's can clean up. It's a simple fix in theory, assuming can get the guy, but it's no coincidence that the run defense went to hell when Fat Pat left town.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I was in the TKE house with Jim at Syracuse. He was a really nice guy, but not real big. He started out as a running back, but since he was backing up Floyd Little, he welcomed the switch to LB and was a pretty good pro for the Pats and us. Way too small to handle Csonka, though.

(I realize this story has nothing to do with this thread, but at my age, it's easy to ramble.)
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        I was in the TKE house with Jim at Syracuse. He was a really nice guy, but not real big. He started out as a running back, but since he was backing up Floyd Little, he welcomed the switch to LB and was a pretty good pro for the Pats and us. Way too small to handle Csonka, though.

(I realize this story has nothing to do with this thread, but at my age, it's easy to ramble.)
                        Sometimes I just feel like throwing out some old names that most of these guys have never heard of.

Comment

• Romes
                          • Jul 2002

I have never heard of Jim Cheyunski

Originally posted by paladin warrior
                          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

On Vince Young's run, I'd like to know why #90 was running downfield with his back to the play, well after Young broke the LOS.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

I've seen that thing at least 4 times. It looks like we had 6 guys on the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X