PDA

View Full Version : So the Giants are turning to Gilbride?

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2006, 12:31 PM
That's the funniest damn thing I've heard in quite a while. :rofl:

BILLSROCK1212
12-27-2006, 12:32 PM
That's the funniest damn thing I've heard in quite a while. :rofl:they way their offense is going he is their best option

RedEyE
12-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Wow. There goes Tiki's stats.

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Shockey's too. Gilbride doesn't know what to do with a TE.

LtBillsFan66
12-27-2006, 12:56 PM
I look forward to their FB being split out wide.

mchurchfie
12-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Shockey gets to throw his first option pass.

BILLSROCK1212
12-27-2006, 01:01 PM
I look forward to their FB being split out wide.Jim Finn going deep into the end zone............and Eli loses control of the ball as he goes to throw it and it is recovered by the Redskins! I could just see it this weekend. O yea i forgot it is Kevin Gilbride vs. Jerry Gray and Gregg Williams

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2006, 01:16 PM
If there is a God, a giant metior will hit the stadium during the game.

mchurchfie
12-27-2006, 01:58 PM
If there is a God, a giant metior will hit the stadium during the game.
Haha! Williams, Gray, and Gilbride in one fell swoop..a perfect Hat trick!:party::band:

justasportsfan
12-27-2006, 02:29 PM
It there a place where I can bet that Gilbride get's punched by the DC right after the 3rd qtr. ?

Michael82
12-27-2006, 03:15 PM
:lmao:

The_Philster
12-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Wow. There goes Tiki's stats.
I wonder if Tiki saw this coming when he decided to retire after the season :scratch:

Bill Cody
12-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Brandon Jacobs just had his job retitled from "short yardage back" to "less than 6" back".

njsue
12-27-2006, 03:29 PM
:roflmao: Gilbride is a joke.

DynaPaul
12-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Man, they are REALLY getting desperate. Yes, I see the Giants swirling around in the toilet bowl as we speak.

njsue
12-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Technically, some of those high and mighty Giant players should be shown the door.

OpIv37
12-27-2006, 05:18 PM
That's the funniest damn thing I've heard in quite a while. :rofl:

oh it gets even better- I was just watching ESPN and one of the analysts said "Maybe they'll run the ball more with Gilbride." I nearly fell over laughing.

Too bad I was doing something while I was watching so I didn't catch who said it.

mybills
12-27-2006, 05:46 PM
I wonder if Tiki saw this coming when he decided to retire after the season :scratch:
prolly not, but at least he won't have to deal with it.

Throne Logic
12-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Gilbride continues to mystify the NFL. I don't know what voodoo magic he uses to keep on finding jobs in the NFL. I'm still shocked he made it out of Houston, nevermind through San Diego and beyond. I nearly had a stroke the day Buffalo hired him.

This is fine with me. The Giants can suck for many years to come and I won't lose much sleep over it.

Kerr
12-27-2006, 08:43 PM
I bet 100 zbs the waterboy is the first one to punch gilbride.

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Poor New Jersey Giants.

Ingtar33
12-27-2006, 10:32 PM
I can see it now... (Ingtar33 gazes into the future, and reads a NYT article in the sports section from early next week)

Keven Gilbride once the famed master of the Run & Shoot offense is collecting wide acclaims today for being the inventor of the soon to be legendary "wooden-nickel" offense. Taking a page from offensive innovators like June Jones, Gilbride on Saturday took things one step further, utilizing new sets that featured not 5 but 6 wide receivers on the field at the same time.

Theorizing that the problem was not his play calling or fundamental strategic problems inherent in his old offence, he settled on an explanation that there were not enough receivers, for his 4 wide receiver run & shoot to work properly in today’s NFL. Gilbride, acting on his inspired insight he removed Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey (saying he never saw the point of a Running Back or Tight End on the field anyway) and Eli Manning, in an audacious move to limit turnovers and unlock the big plays that have been eluding the giants in recent weeks. "You see, the quarterback is the guy who throws interceptions, gets sacked and generally muffs up my system,” said Gilbride.

With 6 Wide Receivers on the field, Gilbride's unorthodox offense stunned the Washington Redskins in the Final week of the regular season, leading to a 2-0 win for the Giants.

"I didn't see anything odd about what they were doing, in fact I thought it was inspired" said Washington defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. "I mean, it was a little strange but then when I was coaching I liked punting from the opposing team's 38 yard line... and I figured The Giants were just trying something just as visionary... It worked didn't it?"

That it did. The team, held back in recent weeks by Manning's incessant interceptions, sacks and fumbles, turned in a perfect day. "No sacks, hurries, interceptions or fumbles by our quarterback," crowed Gilbride. "In fact, once we figure out who will take the center snap, we'll be able to run a few plays and Tom (Coughlin) might be willing to do more then simply punting on first down."

When asked about the name of his new offence Gilbride replied without pause “Well, I remember hearing about wooden nickels when I was kid… and I thought, if that was worth 6 cents then, why not call my offence wooden-nickel, to represent the 6 wide receivers.” When it was pointed out that a nickel is just five cents, Gilbride scratched his chin and replied, “Well… it is catchy isn’t it?”

Thanks to the terrible state of the NFC this win catapulted the Giants into the playoffs, where they will head out to the west coast next week to take NFC West division winners, the Seattle Seahawks, who shared the Giant's 8-8 regular season record.

When asked for comment on Gilbride’s new innovative system, Mike Holmgren, ever the offensive innovator replied "well, I think he's on to something, I mean, we've had terrible issues from our quarterback this year, when I saw the tape of the Giants win, I was already thinking of ways to take advantage of his 6 wide receiver formations... and I must admit the thought occurred to me, that punting on first down might help too."

"You know the sky's the limit," an upbeat Gilbride claimed, then added "I mean now I just need to convince Tom (Coughlin) to let us snap the ball a few times... and maybe to stop beating on my car with a tire iron."