• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Our Offseason

Giving our offseason an early look........

FA

Boss Bailey, Rod Coleman, a Ruben Brown return would be kool but is unlikely,
    Cooper Carlisle, Kevin Curtis, Shaun O'Hara, Leonard Little, Rian Lindell who we have just resigned, Kiwaukee Thomas, Chris Kelsay, Ian Scott, and Asante Samuel or Tory James

all of the above have a connection to our team except for Rod Coleman, Cooper Carlisle, Tory James, and Asante Samuel as far as i know

of course i dont expect us to sign all of the above but those are some players that are realistic for us to sign because of their connections to our team

Mock Draft

1. Levi Brown OT Penn St.
    2. Fred Bennett CB South Carolina
    3. Ryan Kalil C USC-his father Frank was drafted by the Bills (if not him Kyle Young C Fresno St.)
    4. Ray McDonald DT/DE Florida
    6. Tim Shaw ILB Penn St
    7. Scott Chandler TE Iowa

thoughts and other predictions for the offseason?
    Last edited by BILLSROCK1212; 12-27-2006, 12:59 PM.
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

Re: Our Offseason

Way to connect things.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

any more thoughts?

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Little signed an extension.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
          Little signed an extension.
          i guess theredzone.org isnt updated

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
            Giving our offseason an early look........

FA

Boss Bailey, Rod Coleman, a Ruben Brown return would be kool but is unlikely,
            Cooper Carlisle, Kevin Curtis, Shaun O'Hara, Leonard Little, Rian Lindell who we have just resigned, Kiwaukee Thomas, Chris Kelsay, Ian Scott, and Asante Samuel or Tory James

all of the above have a connection to our team except for Rod Coleman, Cooper Carlisle, Tory James, and Asante Samuel as far as i know

of course i dont expect us to sign all of the above but those are some players that are realistic for us to sign because of their connections to our team

Mock Draft

1. Levi Brown OT Penn St.
            2. Fred Bennett CB South Carolina
            3. Ryan Kalil C USC-his father Frank was drafted by the Bills (if not him Kyle Young C Fresno St.)
            4. Ray McDonald DT/DE Florida
            6. Tim Shaw ILB Penn St
            7. Scott Chandler TE Iowa

thoughts and other predictions for the offseason?
            Ian Scott is the most realistic pick on your list IMHO. Also, unless I'm mistaken, you missed Lance Briggs--who I think might be, with or instead of Scott, someone the Bills would try to sign if he doesn't re-up with Chicago. Rod Coleman might be a possibility, but not for a lot of money. Keep in mind that M.Levy only recently stated that you don't build a team through free agency, but through the draft and that the Bills would not look to sign a lot of big-money free agents, perhaps adding one or two key pieces, and were more likely to concentrate on keeping their own free agents and adding a few young, lesser known FAs.

As for your draft: if the Bills don't get Scott or Coleman, they will need a 1-gap DT who can play right away. And, how do they replace Fletcher-Baker and/or TKO? LB is probably their top priority position along with a 1-gap DT to shore up their run defense and the Bills are going nowhere if they don't shore up their run D. You have them taking a LB and a DT, but in the mid-to-later rounds, not as a top priority.

Also, with Peters signed long-term and the job that Pennington did at RT as a rookie, the Bills will consider themselves set at LT and expect Pennington to continue to improve at RT. Also, regardless of what the fans think, the coaches have already made it clear that they like Fowler. At most they will look to improve the OG spots, mostly likely RG if they can re-sign Gandy, who they say that they like. If that is the case, there is no need to take an OT or a center that high in the draft--especially when there are greater immediate needs on defense. An OG in rounds 3-5 (no higher than Round 2) and/or a back-up OT to compete with Butler and push Pennington in the late rounds (5-7). I think, for the most part, the Bills will look for improvement on the offensive line to come from individual improvement of the players that they already have and from the continuity of having at least four of their five current starters back playing next to each other again next season, not necessarily from bringing in new people, either through free agency or as high picks in the draft, who are expected to step in as starters.

A TE, maybe. But, probably more of a blocker than a receiver. Chandler is a receiver, but he is slow. Does he really offer more than Cieslak or Everett?

How about a blocking FB in the late rounds to replace Shelton who is coming off of a serious concussion and is getting up there in age?
            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
            X