PDA

View Full Version : Don't Fix it if its not broken

xXSpIkes5IXx
12-27-2006, 04:03 PM
I've really had enough of these free agency threads, some of them are absolutely ridiculous. In free agency we arent going to sign 30 people like you can in madden. I've always been a fan of the don't fix it if its not broken strategy in FA. The only glaring needs i see is our offensive and defensive lines. So a couple signings to upgrade those positions would be nice.

But, those of you who want to trade Willis for a draft pick, not going to happen, in fact, that may be the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Also lets trade Takeo for Shaun Rogers! That would be nice but Matt Millen isnt that stupid, since Spikes hasent shown much since his injury. How often to player for player deals happen in the nfl? The answer is hardly ever.

I think we should make a hard pitch to resign fletcher, and clements and kelsay has shown enough where he deserves a contract as well. Then we should focus on FIXING our problem areas, not REVAMPING the entire team, which sounds like something that idiot snyder down in washington would do.

Another thing Dan Snyder has proven is you build a team through the draft, and not by throwing a bunch of high paid free agents together. So free agency is a chance to upgrade our team, but lets not rip it apart in the process.

Yasgur's Farm
12-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Are you aware that we have 14 (Now that Lindell has extended) free agents of our own?
Nate Clements
L. Fletcher-Baker
M. Gandy
D. Preston
C. Kelsay
A. Thomas
K. Thomas
J. Greer
A. Davis
T. Anderson
A. Hargrove
D. Shelton
S. Williams
C. Wire

That means 14 positions, 14 roster spots are up for grabs. Subtract the 6 draft picks we'll have and that leaves 8 free agent signings to come.

BTW... Say so long to Nate Clements.

Typ0
12-27-2006, 04:48 PM
I've really had enough of these free agency threads, some of them are absolutely ridiculous. In free agency we arent going to sign 30 people like you can in madden. I've always been a fan of the don't fix it if its not broken strategy in FA. The only glaring needs i see is our offensive and defensive lines. So a couple signings to upgrade those positions would be nice.

But, those of you who want to trade Willis for a draft pick, not going to happen, in fact, that may be the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Also lets trade Takeo for Shaun Rogers! That would be nice but Matt Millen isnt that stupid, since Spikes hasent shown much since his injury. How often to player for player deals happen in the nfl? The answer is hardly ever.

I think we should make a hard pitch to resign fletcher, and clements and kelsay has shown enough where he deserves a contract as well. Then we should focus on FIXING our problem areas, not REVAMPING the entire team, which sounds like something that idiot snyder down in washington would do.

Another thing Dan Snyder has proven is you build a team through the draft, and not by throwing a bunch of high paid free agents together. So free agency is a chance to upgrade our team, but lets not rip it apart in the process.

Do you really think our defense is that good that they aren't "broken"? I don't. Our defense is horrible against the run and that goes deeper than the line.

The offense has looked like it's getting it together...but there also is no doubt that we need to beef up the OLine, receiver core and TEs. If we want to have a mediocre team then we can take your attitude but in terms of championship teams we certainly do have quite a bit that's broken and trading out older and slower FAs for younger and faster ones that better fit our system is the way to go.

Gunzlingr
12-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Are you aware that we have 14 (Now that Lindell has extended) free agents of our own?
Nate Clements
L. Fletcher-Baker
M. Gandy
D. Preston
C. Kelsay
A. Thomas
K. Thomas
J. Greer
A. Davis
T. Anderson
A. Hargrove
D. Shelton
S. Williams
C. Wire

That means 14 positions, 14 roster spots are up for grabs. Subtract the 6 draft picks we'll have and that leaves 8 free agent signings to come.

I am of the school that says sign as many of your own players as possible (but not T. Anderson)

X-Era
12-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Nate Clements
L. Fletcher-Baker
M. Gandy
D. Preston
C. Kelsay
A. Thomas
K. Thomas
J. Greer
A. Davis
T. Anderson
A. Hargrove
D. Shelton
S. Williams
C. Wire

And heres a list of guys that are easily replaceable with new probably better guys at the same price:

D. Preston
C. Kelsay
K. Thomas
J. Greer
A. Davis
T. Anderson
D. Shelton
S. Williams
C. Wire

So big deal, no loss, let them go.

Yasgur's Farm
12-27-2006, 05:11 PM
I am of the school that says sign as many of your own players as possible (but not T. Anderson)Right on. Here's the guys I would resign if I could...
L. Fletcher-Baker
M. Gandy
D. Preston
C. Kelsay
A. Thomas
K. Thomas
A. Davis
A. Hargrove
C. Wire