PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor Verbally Slams Merriman

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 08:21 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/12/27/bc.fbn.taylor.merriman.ap/index.html

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 08:21 PM
"You really shouldn't be able to fail a test like that and play in this league, to begin with," - Jason Taylor

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 08:23 PM
I dont think there is any doubt that Taylor should be DPOTY.

Devin
12-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Taylor is 110% correct.

Romes
12-27-2006, 08:26 PM
I agree with Taylor

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Hell if LT wasn't having the year he is having I would say Taylor would be up there for MVP as well.

Cntrygal
12-27-2006, 08:31 PM
I agree with Taylor.

BILLSROCK1212
12-27-2006, 08:41 PM
taylor is 100& correct

LtFinFan66
12-27-2006, 11:27 PM
didn't really slam him....just made a very valid point IMO

CuseJetsFan83
12-27-2006, 11:28 PM
another valid point that should be brought up......... for any all star contest = pro-bowl...... anyone suspended should NOT be eligible to compete this should be a reward for excellence on and off the field....... that means no ron mexicos, no cinci bengals.... no steroids...... no extramarrital affair trials (bellichek)....... the fact that merriman fails a steroid test, looks like a sharpie, and gets to be most likely a starter is a travesty!

LtFinFan66
12-27-2006, 11:47 PM
:goodpost:

Ingtar33
12-27-2006, 11:59 PM
as much as i hate the fins, Taylor is 100% correct.

right is right, and he's right.

Mr. Cynical
12-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Taylor = :baby:

The rules are the rules and Merriman "served his time". If the rules said "anyone suspended for possible steroid use is ineligible for the pro bowl", then I'd agree.

This is similar to the argument people try to make for taking OJ out of Canton.

CuseJetsFan83
12-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Taylor = :baby:

The rules are the rules and Merriman "served his time". If the rules said "anyone suspended for possible steroid use is ineligible for the pro bowl", then I'd agree.

This is similar to the argument people try to make for taking OJ out of Canton.

while i agree its not technically rules, but the fact he played 4 less games, and can still win the DPOY is trash..... just like romo being a pro-bowler.......

merriman has a scarlet letter from now on.....
he's a tainted champ if he wins that "honor" and should get the landis treatment

Ebenezer
12-28-2006, 01:23 AM
i think most of us are in agreement...cheat and you are out.

clumping platelets
12-28-2006, 02:42 AM
I dont think there is any doubt that Taylor should be DPOTY.

He was nearly invisible in the 2 games vs the Bills

PECKERWOOD
12-28-2006, 05:08 AM
Obviously Taylor has a players perspective on the situation and this is probably what most other players think of Merriman. I feel like Merriman should have been banned for a longer period of time, fined and not eligible for the pro bowl.. But that's just me, I hate steroid junkies.

madness
12-28-2006, 08:41 AM
Taylor is absolutely right. It's sending a message that's okay to break the rules as long as you humbly accept the punishment.

:lolpoint: "If I wasn't having the kind of season I'm having, this wouldn't even be a conversation," Merriman said.

I think he meant to say... "If I wasn't having the kind of season I'm having without doing steroids, this wouldn't even be a conversation,"

gr8slayer
12-28-2006, 10:04 AM
He was nearly invisible in the 2 games vs the Bills
That's cause of one of the best OT's in the game :dance:

Pinkerton Security
12-28-2006, 10:10 AM
I dont see how you can say that if someone fails a drug test, for any reason, that they should be kicked out of the league. We have rules...they are there for a reason. Imagine if Whitner failed a drug test, would you still be here crucifying him and saying he should be kicked out for good? Some may still say yes, but I just dont think that it requires a lifetime ban.

mybills
12-28-2006, 10:17 AM
I dont see how you can say that if someone fails a drug test, for any reason, that they should be kicked out of the league.
Maybe not the leauge, but the probowl.
"To make the Pro Bowl and all the other awards, I think you're walking a fine line of sending the wrong message."

Taylor IS right. They should make that one of the rules if you want to get into the prowbowl.

gr8slayer
12-28-2006, 10:17 AM
blah`

Saratoga Slim
12-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Maybe not the leauge, but the probowl.
"To make the Pro Bowl and all the other awards, I think you're walking a fine line of sending the wrong message."

Taylor IS right. They should make that one of the rules if you want to get into the prowbowl.

I could not agree more. Fine, maybe a 4 game suspension is an appropriate response to a first-time positive test for roids. I'd argue for a longer one. But the Pro Bowl is supposed to display the best the NFL has to offer, and putting Merriman in the Pro-Bowl undermines the seriousness of his offense. From where I sit, it certainly doesn't give the impression that the NFL is that worried about the fact that one of their star players just got busted for cheating.

Also, MyBills, how'd you go from the kitty wearing Bills stocking cap to the demonic red eye avater? That's quite the image makeover

LtFinFan66
12-28-2006, 01:00 PM
He was nearly invisible in the 2 games vs the BillsDec 17th: Sack with Forced fumble 5 tackles
1st meeting: 4 tackles.

I'll give you the first meeting but won't give you the second. Too bad only JT and Zach apparently made the flight to Buffalo

mybills
12-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Also, MyBills, how'd you go from the kitty wearing Bills stocking cap to the demonic red eye avater? That's quite the image makeover

I can't deal with the constant reminder that I might lose him soon. :(

Ingtar33
12-28-2006, 09:39 PM
what's interesting is the SD defense did not miss him when he was out.

They were averaging the EXACT same number of sacks, forced fumbles and interceptions (as well as a marginally improved average yards allowed, and points allowed) per game, without Merriman as they did with him this year.

That's not my definition of a most valuable player.