PDA

View Full Version : Boston To interview w/ Atlanta

justasportsfan
03-04-2003, 04:58 PM
CNNSI
Boston and his agent, Mitch Frankel, are scheduled to leave San Diego on Wednesday morning for Baltimore, where they will visit the Ravens that night and Thursday. Boston also has been invited to Atlanta later this week, a trip that could be confirmed as soon as Wednesday. Two unidentified teams have called expressing interest in having Boston to town, Frankel said, but those trips remain unscheduled. Miami is believed to be one of those teams. In addition, the Cardinals are expected to remain in communication with Boston

Tatonka
03-04-2003, 06:23 PM
hope baltimore signs him.

venis2k1
03-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Baltimore will sign him.

Tatonka
03-04-2003, 06:31 PM
lets hope.. that will really put a strangle hold on atlanta.

venis2k1
03-04-2003, 06:38 PM
word is he wants to get PAID

Akhippo
03-04-2003, 06:43 PM
San Diego is real interested in him also. Butler is one to mortgage the future for him to.

RedEyE
03-04-2003, 06:58 PM
If you read the article in it's entirety, the Chargers have their sights set on Boston. He already took a physical for the team on Monday and has spent time with Drew Brees, John Butler, James Lofton, and LaDanian Tomlinson. Apparently, Boston's first choice is San Diego. If you scroll down and look at the gray box on the left side, a seperate article by the author clearly states that Atlanta is only interested in seeking out Boston if the Peerless deal falls through. Infact, Laverneus Coles is Atlanta's second reciever of choice before considering Boston. A qualifying offer will be put on the table before Atlanta has a chance to decide. Boston is out of reach for the Falcons.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/don_banks/news/2003/03/04/david_boston/

justasportsfan
03-04-2003, 07:11 PM
If Boston signs with either SD or Ravens, either Spikes or Peterson is ours. Atlanta will beg for Price. Then for TD's best move of the season , he will surprise us (he loves doing this) by using our 1 rd draft pick (from atlanta) drafting a Kicker. Then our offseason will be perfect.

Tatonka
03-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
he will surprise us (he loves doing this) by using our 1 rd draft pick (from atlanta) drafting a Kicker. Then our offseason will be perfect.

does your family know that you have a crack addition?:D

justasportsfan
03-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

does your family know that you have a crack addition?:D

Do you see naked pictures of Creed as my Avatar? I was being sarcastic. :D

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
If Boston signs with either SD or Ravens, either Spikes or Peterson is ours. Atlanta will beg for Price. Then for TD's best move of the season , he will surprise us (he loves doing this) by using our 1 rd draft pick (from atlanta) drafting a Kicker. Then our offseason will be perfect.
Actually that doesn't sound like too bad of a plan...

venis2k1
03-04-2003, 08:55 PM
this years best kicker is projected as a 3rd rounder

Doc
03-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Boston is hopped up on steroids or (my bet) human growth hormone. He's also gotten himself involved in drugs and once you go down that path, it's very hard to stay clean. I hope for Boston's sake personally that he straightens himself up.

justasportsfan
03-04-2003, 09:06 PM
I hope you guys didn't think I was being serious about drafting a kicker in the 1st rd. ???

justasportsfan
03-04-2003, 09:24 PM
Seahawks | Engram Re-signed - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
18:57 PT: Len Pasquarelli reports for ESPN.com the Seattle Seahawks have re-signed free agent WR Bobby Engram. He will sign a four-year contract. The deal totals nearly $6 million and includes first-year compensation of $2 million. He had drawn interest from five other franchises, but instructed agent Joel Segal to keep him in Seattle, if possible.

Cmon, teams. Keep signing the FA's til' PP is left to fight over. This reminds me, if Bostaon's been to SD, why hasn't PP heard from Buttler?

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2003, 11:18 PM
John Clayton reports:

Boston extends stay in San Diego
Cardinals receiver David Boston stayed around San Diego for a second night to see if they could begin negotiations on a possible contract. Boston plans to visit Baltimore and Atlanta, but nothing is set. Boston arrived Monday with his agent, Mitch Frankel. The Chargers are looking for an impact receiver following the release of Curtis Conway.

Boy I hope Butler takes Boston off the market, forcing Atlanta to start talking seriously with us about Price.

Michael82
03-05-2003, 12:05 PM
I hope Buttler signs Boston and gets him to sign a big contract tonight or tomorrow. This will make Price's value go up drastically because anyone with a brain knows that the Jets will match offers for Coles. Then I'd love to see Atlanta, Washington, and Baltimore jump in the sweepstakes for Price and the highest bidder gets him by Saturday! :party:

Come on Butler...HELP the Bills! :pray:

WG
03-05-2003, 12:50 PM
I guess that this thing w/ Atlanta's first round pick isn't quite as sure as many would hope!