PDA

View Full Version : Weird observation about uniform numbers.

Ebenezer
12-28-2006, 02:34 AM
Ever notice the number of QBs that wear #7? Running backs that used to wear #32 and now wear #21? Is it just coincidence or are those numbers that popular?

Seems you never see many QBs were 2 or 16, 17 or 19 or RBs wear 38 or 46 (sure it has happened but it is rare).

Just a thought....continue on.

PECKERWOOD
12-28-2006, 02:50 AM
Honestly, #7 and #21 have always been very common jersey numbers. Elway and Sanders immediately come to mind. Keep in mind that most of these NFL players with the numbers that they wear, may wear it as a tribute to a player that they looked up to. Think DeAngelo Hall and Willis McGahee. What striked me as most odd is how WR's are changing their jersey numbers to like 17, 18 and 19.

Ebenezer
12-28-2006, 02:53 AM
Honestly, #7 and #21 have always been very common jersey numbers. Elway and Sanders immediately come to mind. Keep in mind that most of these NFL players with the numbers that they wear, may wear it as a tribute to a player that they looked up to. Think DeAngelo Hall and Willis McGahee. What striked me as most odd is how WR's are changing their jersey numbers to like 17, 18 and 19.
I have no problem with the WR wearing numbers in the teens. Most teams carry at least 3 TEs that have to be in the 80s and when you add in 5 or 6 WR and maybe a team doesnt issue one or two you run out of numbers.

...and yes, it is an ego thing for WR to wear a number in the teens.

mybills
12-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Remember when almost every team had an awesome #80? Maybe 2 yrs ago? It was like the magic number or something. lol.