PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't anybody complaining about the last play of the 1st half??

Ebenezer
12-28-2006, 03:25 AM
There is a lot of *****ing going on about the 4th and 5 play...the defense giving up 10 points in the 4th, etc, etc...

Why hasn't anybody *****ed about the last play of the 1st half?? I understand the thought behind the 3 points and changing momentum but why not go for a TD on that free play and really turn the tide? Would have made it more difficult for the Titans to come back.

Thoughts?

mybills
12-28-2006, 06:00 AM
I still think our defense was the most "equal" to theirs, because they kept holding each other to fields goals for the most part. And while the Bills may have given up those points, theirs made bone head penalties and they're just lucky they got away with that last one. Our coaching/offense/JP, was clearly better. JP got that ball to Evans, who got that ball to Royal, who made a rookie mistake. Still, there's 7 points more than VY & company, had he not made that mistake. The bomb to Reed had he not been pushed down, was at best another 7 points, and at least a 1st down, for at least another 3 points. I have no problem with the decision to go for it, and I still wonder if it was purposely designed the way it went down. Maybe they were hoping to draw a flag for an automatic 1st down, who knows..but I do know we played better when it came to attempting more points, whether it was 10 or 14 more in the 2 examples I gave, we were clearly better and I'm proud of them for that.

YardRat
12-28-2006, 06:12 AM
It would've been a bold move, that's for sure. I take the free three, though.

BlackMetalNinja
12-28-2006, 06:53 AM
Young had just stomped on us and taken all momentum... getting the definite 3 and cutting the lead down to 1 was certainly the better choice in that instance. We immediately stole the momementum right back by connecting on the long play and getting a free crack at the field goal.

mayotm
12-28-2006, 12:25 PM
The Bills have to take the three in that situation. They did the right thing. Can you imagine the second guessing if they go for the TD in that situation and don't get it?

mchurchfie
12-28-2006, 12:27 PM
The three was the correct call...anything to get back some kind of momentum.

mchurchfie
12-28-2006, 12:29 PM
I still think our defense was the most "equal" to theirs, because they kept holding each other to fields goals for the most part.
No they weren't and no they didn't...they were the most compelling reason we lost:ill:

The last buffalo fan
12-28-2006, 12:37 PM
I still think our defense was the most "equal" to theirs, because they kept holding each other to fields goals for the most part. And while the Bills may have given up those points, theirs made bone head penalties and they're just lucky they got away with that last one. Our coaching/offense/JP, was clearly better. JP got that ball to Evans, who got that ball to Royal, who made a rookie mistake. Still, there's 7 points more than VY & company, had he not made that mistake. The bomb to Reed had he not been pushed down, was at best another 7 points, and at least a 1st down, for at least another 3 points. I have no problem with the decision to go for it, and I still wonder if it was purposely designed the way it went down. Maybe they were hoping to draw a flag for an automatic 1st down, who knows..but I do know we played better when it came to attempting more points, whether it was 10 or 14 more in the 2 examples I gave, we were clearly better and I'm proud of them for that.

:hi5:

LtBillsFan66
12-28-2006, 12:38 PM
It was the right call. Put the points on the board.

Saratoga Slim
12-28-2006, 12:44 PM
What they said. take the three.

mybills
12-28-2006, 02:18 PM
No they weren't and no they didn't...they were the most compelling reason we lost:ill:
Their defense sucked just as bad as ours. Period.

gr8slayer
12-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Why are we still talking about this? We lost, how about looking forward to the Ravens and ruining their hopes at homefield.